Any new Kluger owners out there

mrbishi

Hi all,

Have only just joined, so forgive me if I'm doing it wrong.

I received my AWD Kluger Grande ealy November after a 10 week wait. I wasnt happy about the wait as the model and colour I chose was exactly as the brochure; graphite with black interior. I still seemed to have done better than many people on this site.

On the subject of front and rear park assist. They are listed on the web site near the bottom of the exterier accessories. They are genuine Toyota and They are hardly visable; they are the same colour as the body. The only problem was that the optional wiring harness that needs to be fitted for the front park assist that I received was faulty; when switched on, the navigation system would occasionally switch off. It needed to be disconnected until a new one arrived, which meant I only had rear park assist.

I have only done 2000km so far, but alot of this has been small trips, less than 5 km. On these small trips 18L/100km would be normal. Country driving, less than 10L/100km. The average is about 15L/100km being carefull.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I received my AWD Kluger Grande ealy November after a 10 week wait. I wasnt happy about the wait as the model and colour I chose was exactly as the brochure; graphite with black interior. I still seemed to have done better than many people on this site.

On the subject of front and rear park assist. They are listed on the web site near the bottom of the exterier accessories. They are genuine Toyota and They are hardly visable; they are the same colour as the body. The only problem was that the optional wiring harness that needs to be fitted for the front park assist that I received was faulty; when switched on, the navigation system would occasionally switch off. It needed to be disconnected until a new one arrived, which meant I only had rear park assist.

I have only done 2000km so far, but alot of this has been small trips, less than 5 km. On these small trips 18L/100km would be normal. Country driving, less than 10L/100km. The average is about 15L/100km being carefull.

Not sure that fuel economy is that crash hot! Apart from that and the issue with the sensors are u happy with the car?

Hi all,

Not sure that fuel economy is that crash hot! Apart from that and the issue with the sensors are u happy with the car?

I am very happy with the car, but it is primarily for my wife. We have 3 children and the camry was getting a little tight so we needed something a little bigger. We live near the city, so any short trip is always going to be stop/start and not on level ground, so the economy is what I would expect from any heavy car.

I must be happy with the car as I am currently looking at buying another, KXR 2WD 5 seat, as a work car. I almost need a van but not quite, so the Kluger is a good alternative.

Takahashi, were the parking sensors you were offered not genuine Toyota? Mine definitely are, as they came with a fitting and operation description which was from Toyota.

Takahashi, were the parking sensors you were offered not genuine Toyota? Mine definitely are, as they came with a fitting and operation description which was from Toyota.

I think they are toyota, since I found this in the other dealers as well. They have a silver screen mounted on the top next to the rear mirror. The display panel is not quite attractive.

I know if I buy Toyota parts, it will keep its value. Photograph yours and see it is different, then I will consider buying that from your dealer.

I think they are toyota, since I found this in the other dealers as well. They have a silver screen mounted on the top next to the rear mirror. The display panel is not quite attractive.

I know if I buy Toyota parts, it will keep its value. Photograph yours and see it is different, then I will consider buying that from your dealer.

The only thing visible inside the car is a button to enable the front sensors next to the seat heater knobs. The rear sensors are enabled when in reverse. There is a 3 stage audible alarm, do display. They do work well.

I can't take any photos at the moment as my wife has the car.

I think my dealer is a bit too far away as I am in Perth.

Do tell me what it looks like but sound alone with no display does not appeal to me.

Perth is ok. Auspost works all over Australia ;)

Do tell me what it looks like but sound alone with no display does not appeal to me.

I prefer the single button next to the seat heaters to a display that may look tacked on. If it was integrated into the main navigation system display, that would be different.

As i said before, the rear sensors are enabled whenever in reverse. The front can be disabled so that you don't constantly detect cars around you, it can get annoying.

On the outside, they are practically invisible.

Did anyone find out whether the is a compass in the rear view mirror. I couldn't find out how to activate it, there are instructions in the manual but nothing happens. Did they just realise it was pointless when the navigation system already has one.

I forgot to mention the dealer. It is New Town Toyota. www.newtowntoyota.com.au

Did anyone find out whether the is a compass in the rear view mirror. I couldn't find out how to activate it, there are instructions in the manual but nothing happens. Did they just realise it was pointless when the navigation system already has one.

I don't think I have compass in themirror either.

Thanks for the info with the parking assist. I believe it is different in Nuna toyota and both are not what I am thinking.

On the outside, they are practically invisible.

WTH? :blink: that's much better then the standard one I've got. I went to at least 3 dealers in Melb(nuna, city and canon). They were all the same. So different state(or dealer?) gets different supplier is it? But it's ok can't complaint.. really.. we need the assists from day one.. :P.. too lazy to shop for after market ones.. ;)

These are mine, and same in all dealers I went to.

Front post-6028-1200388020_thumb.jpg

rear post-6028-1200388030_thumb.jpg

Display is very cute.

dolphin_screen_up_down.gif

Taka, the the front display is more like the above one without the digit numbers in the middle... no fancy pictures at all.. But it can be switch off like mikeboy's switch.

the rear sensor has no display at all.. just sound... but there is a reverse camera.. so not a problem there..

Hmm that is not good. I have seen something in Asia (that is about 2 years ago)... one friend that fitted with parking sensors that have display like a jet pilot type display.

4 corners like the silver one... with a black background and colour LED lights... and it tell you how far (in meters) and which corner is sensing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just joined the club, well Ive finally decided to go ahead ordered my new Kluger Grande AWD in black yesterday I'm told will have it around 8 March 2008 and cant wait. Have put qite a few accessories on it also going to change the wheels to chrome appearance mag probably 22 inch

Jamie

Hey everyone, just joined the club, well Ive finally decided to go ahead ordered my new Kluger Grande AWD in black yesterday I'm told will have it around 8 March 2008 and cant wait. Have put qite a few accessories on it also going to change the wheels to chrome appearance mag probably 22 inch

Jamie

Make sure you dont go to wide (275 max) because there is limited space between back wheel ans strut.

BTW i have 275/45-20........its same rolling diameter as stock.

Jamie

Make sure you dont go to wide (275 max) because there is limited space between back wheel ans strut.

BTW i have 275/45-20........its same rolling diameter as stock.

Thanks will bear that in mind

Jame

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone give me any info on the voice recognision operation of the phone system in the Kluger Grande sat/nav?

In order to add a voice tag you must;

1. Select the number you want to add from the Phonebook,

2. Select Edit.

3. Press the double arrows point down the edit screen to get to the second screen.

4. Select the voice tag option

5. Select the Rec button.

6. Wait for the Voice asking you to say the voice label you want added

7. Wait for acknowledgement acceptance.

I assume this works when driving?

Thanks

Can anyone give me any info on the voice recognision operation of the phone system in the Kluger Grande sat/nav?

In order to add a voice tag you must;

1. Select the number you want to add from the Phonebook,

2. Select Edit.

3. Press the double arrows point down the edit screen to get to the second screen.

4. Select the voice tag option

5. Select the Rec button.

6. Wait for the Voice asking you to say the voice label you want added

7. Wait for acknowledgement acceptance.

• 1 month later...

Jamie

Hi just joined the the club too .Just ordered a black Grande with nudge bar , side rail ,beige leather.About a 3 month wait.Has any one got any pics of there

black kluger?How does black go with our hot summer?

Edited by faruke

Jamie

Hi just joined the the club too .Just ordered a black Grande with nudge bar , side rail ,beige leather.About a 3 month wait.Has any one got any pics of there

congratulations and hope the wait isnt too long.

Jamie

The aircon works really well.

I didn't get black because you can see every bit of dirt on it. I had a black Grande for a test drive for 3 days. It didn't rain and I only drove of sealed roads, but it looked filthy when I took it back.

The graphite looks cleaner for longer, even though it's not.