2007 corolla 0-100 time

Hi everyone, so after I put back the orginal air box (with slight mod)and extened cold air intake to the middle of frnt grill. I also did the oil change to 5-30w castrol edge.

With just under 1/2 tank full.I did two runs with stop watch launching around 4000rpm with stock tyres(195/65/150 yokahama.

I did 1,2 secod to 95 km/h at 6500rpm. I actually stop the stop watch befre it cut off, but did not bothered to shift to third to hit 100. I was impressed with the time I did .7.25sec and 7.35 respectively. I am sure IF i did to 100, it should around 7.5 mark.... so when I change to 195/50/15 toyo, I am sure I will slash down further.

What it shows me and worried me is that the car magazine has reviewed this car for 9.6 sec up to 100km/h.

How come? I used to do with b18c at did 7.25....7.3 till100 at 8100rpm. Please expain thewhy the car magazine is way out...They cant drive or me?

Edited by chopin

I highly doubt you can gain the extra 5km/h in 0.25sec including a shift. A Stopwatch isn't the most accurate method of measurment either. The magazines usually test with a passenger.

Edited by rollamods

I highly doubt you can gain the extra 5km/h in 0.25sec including a shift. A Stopwatch isn't the most accurate method of measurment either. The magazines usually test with a passenger.

Thanks mate. I used to do stop watch and gtec for last 6 years on civic and ITR, what counts is the "consistency" of the outcome rather than accuracy as compared to drag racing results. G tec tends to read 0.3-0.2 sec FASTER than my stop watch.

At least, I know, its the same driver, same manner, same road and same style.

I was able to hit 110 in between the two speed bumps that I used to do with ITR and ..at least that tells me, corolla is doing well. I think its to do with new car and 6 speed with low diff(4.6) and a very good traction at launch as compared to my other cars 215/17/35. also, less power is lost thru trasmission and engine. So despite either its accurate to you or not, at leat at my "system" its working quite consistent. I will do two more runs this week, to further confrim my findings. as a scientist, consteitency counts more than any thing else.

Thanks

Edited by chopin

Thanks mate. I used to do stop watch and gtec for last 6 years on civic and ITR, what counts is the "consistency" of the outcome rather than accuracy as compared to drag racing results. G tec tends to read 0.3-0.2 sec slower than my stop watch.

At least, I know, its the same driver, same manner, same road and same style.

I was able to hit 110 in between the two speed bumps that I used to do with ITR and ..at least that tells me, corolla is doing well. I think its to do with new car and 6 speed with low diff(4.6) and a very good traction at launch as compared to my other cars 215/17/35. also, less power is lost thru trasmission and engine. So despite either its accurate to you or not, at leat at my "system" its working quite consistent. I will do two more runs this week, to further confrim my findings. as a scientist, consteitency counts more than any thing else.

Thanks

Consitently inaccurate? LOL. Consistency doesn't equal accuracy, though. If you're from Sydney, take your car to WSID and post your quater mile times. Your E.T and your trap speed is a much more meaningful figure for comparison.

yeah as most people said, Stopwatch isnt the MOST accurate. also different weather condition, tires, weight,etc.. will give you different time

The old G-tech is pretty accurate,but remember it counts 0-60mph (96.56kph), but the current G Tech Pro is pretty DAMN GOOD! I'm loving it! if you have a spare $300 its worth it, especially if you like me and like going to the track.

SS.jpg

yeah as most people said, Stopwatch isnt the MOST accurate. also different weather condition, tires, weight,etc.. will give you different time

The old G-tech is pretty accurate,but remember it counts 0-60mph (96.56kph), but the current G Tech Pro is pretty DAMN GOOD! I'm loving it! if you have a spare $300 its worth it, especially if you like me and like going to the track.

SS.jpg

Thanks GUYS.

WSD is on tonight...but weather is not so good......I have been once, but it never interested in since its done on rubber floor rather than real road conditions.

My aim of this 0-100 test is to compare my previous b18c(second hand) vs new corrolla.

I have been doing many researchs on how to make NA car quicker for last 6 years. I applied the same rule on honda so as on Toyota. except the airflow meter part :whistling:

At least I know two cars running side to side(ITR vs corolla) are pretty close in my opnion since I am the only driver. From my honest opnion, at this stage, ITR is about one car ahead at 100. Thats is all I am interested in. Never in 400m or more. I am sue when i swtihed to TOYO semi slicks 195/50/15 also with a lower rolling diameter. This corolla is going to be fast. despite what sportiva can do. I think in real street drag, driver is more important than the car itself. But this varies from person to person.

I aimed this test from speed bump to bump(a fixed measurement) vs stop watch. It can not go wrog, since you know the time taken between the two bumps and the distance of your car to the last bump.

Have your say guys....

Will the new 6 speed model faster than the old 5 speed??? I reckon the old model is lighter, but the 6 speed has better ratio?? Am I right??

Hi guys,

Its a long story, but I cut it short for you.

8 years ago, I was playing cars with iTR engine in a 1992 civic sedan. It was the 125kw engine. I do lots 0-100 run, before and after the air intake, ignition timming advance before and after (1 -5 degree ajustment and also on the in gear accleration using both stop watch and g tec. Later, I use stop watch, this is much more reliable as compared to my other measures. I can change the gear as quick as my eye blinks. (not to show off, but being honest). I even tested on my friends old civic tr with the same driver, I beat him in times( 8,4sec vs 7.8 sec). He was a lighter person, but some how he does not shift the gear as fast as I do. Perhps, I play the piano for 30 years...

The final conclusion was to get a lower diff 4.9 from USA instead of 4.4, since I am not wooried about the top speed. My aim is for 0-100km/h race only. But the upgrade was expensive-2500US. so I also had an accident..write off. The 6 speed with lower diff 4.6 has a better power band all the way so as accleration, despite the ligter model. Personally, I think, this is the best car I NEVER HAD.

Regarlesss of my time 7.5, I need put into test with v6, v8,ss holden and tell you the outcome vs my civic ITR race results. To be honest, the only person knows what he is doing is MYSELF??? and I have proved many times... stay tune...

Ps, the 9.6 time was based on a new car? not runned in...mod???

Edited by chopin

Regarlesss of my time 7.5, I need put into test with v6, v8,ss holden and tell you the outcome vs my civic ITR race results.

"civic ITR"? as in the civic-Integra Type R? :blink: anyway, was it the EK9? anyway, if you're in Sydney, you should come to the meet this Saturday. would love to see this 7.5sec 0-100 hot hatch Corolla. I'll even hold the stopwatch for you. LOL

Edited by qkslvr

I own the new corolla. I don't know about the 7.5 sec mark. The new car is heavier than the old with slightly more power, which would proberly put them on par. The electronic throtle wouldn't help either.

I own the new corolla. I don't know about the 7.5 sec mark. The new car is heavier than the old with slightly more power, which would proberly put them on par. The electronic throtle wouldn't help either.

They dont have more power than the previous model. Only the late 05 onwards models have 93kw, all other years (01-05) have 100kw

They dont have more power than the previous model. Only the late 05 onwards models have 93kw, all other years (01-05) have 100kw

What??? I thought they are all 100kw....I own a 06 model, does that mean I only have 93kw???

What??? I thought they are all 100kw....I own a 06 model, does that mean I only have 93kw???

yes ..its gona be 93kw

yes ..its gona be 93kw

My dad has 2003 model its 100kw. For some how after that 2004/5/6 its 93 kw an dnlw backed to DURAL VVTI 100kw.

And thanks for everyones feed back, from my experience, a passager(60-80kg) would easy add another 0.3 sec. so every 20kg is 0.1-2 sec slower. Also with stock air intake-inside the engine hood, it VERY easy to add another 0.3 sec just because of hot/warm air entered in the intake.

My immediately power gain notice and smootheness at high rpm after I replaced the stock tube(30cm) with an after market tube and also further extend the intake tube for better buffer effects at higher rpm. the aim is to over fill the cylinder as quicker as possible. and IT ALWAYS worked. proved by my stop watch. I have done say in 7 years----200 runs 0-100 on civic(with itr engine 92-95 model sedan). Late I changed oil to 5/35w..and even better in power delivery.

Today its wet, and I am looking for V8,v6. or any modern cars for a quick 0-100 as I did in the past to do a quick race but as a golden rule. Dnt do it when its wet or on the hill or bend.

So Quicksilver where are you in sydney, I am quite happy to meet you and share some infrom with your car too to prove my point....email me in pm.

By the way my friends got an old corola 1989, tubo charged-127kw at the wheel(160kw at the engine?0; he told me he joined the evo club, and beat all evos by 2 car up to 120 and ONLY one evo he can beat and that car was 1.5 car ahead of him all the way. I think, this defyes the physcis of 0-100 time, its to do with the drivers superiority...

Ok, my estimate 7.5 is too good...how about 8 sec...that still quick..i will test third gear when the road is dry 5am in the morning.

as I always said. The new corolla is very good...after a slight mod. I am impressed. I meant to buy mazda 2 liter or vw polo gti, but I did not.

Last thing to add. I think yopu want to know how I meaure the time.

I start the stop watch at the same time I started to move(lift) my left foot(clutch). and stop the stop watch when hits 95 on speedo....so To avoid any speedo error, this weekend I do o-110 run as if its 0-100 to see what time it takes. but this will put OFF my normal "standard" of meaurement, But I do it anyway. I dnt want appereared to be biased or anything, if I had started the stop watch after I released the clutch,,,thats cheating and the time would be even quicker......

Edited by chopin

Possibly, check your manual, it will be in the specifications.

How come? I used to do with b18c at did 7.25....7.3 till100 at 8100rpm. Please expain thewhy the car magazine is way out...They cant drive or me?

7.25... would equal to a low 15 flat 15 1/4 mile pass.....

something was wrong with your B18c(ITR)

I have a B18c in EG and that does low 6s....(stock internals)

The 1ZZ-FE Corolla's with the throttle-cable type throttle (pre-2004):

100kw @ 6000RPM

171Nm @ 4200RPM

Kerb weight: 1130kg

2007 Model kerb weight: 1225kg

Old one is faster. Sorry newbs.