Would the Supercharged Silver Sportivo Please Stand Up

xoom

so when do you reckon you can give us some final KW and quarter mile time. im really pleased on the progress and potential this rocket has.

its actually a different car they are talking about above. The s/c 1ZZ should be looking at about 120kw at the wheels with a low 14s 1/4 (I imagine)

The 2ZZ s/c should be more around 160/170kw atm so maybe a high 13 if they do it properly

sorry mick i ment the 1zz in the youtube video. also sounds pretty loud for a standard TRD charger.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so when do you reckon you can give us some final KW and quarter mile time. im really pleased on the progress and potential this rocket has.

its actually a different car they are talking about above. The s/c 1ZZ should be looking at about 120kw at the wheels with a low 14s 1/4 (I imagine)

The 2ZZ s/c should be more around 160/170kw atm so maybe a high 13 if they do it properly

on the 1/4, i think the s/c 1zz should get low 14s easy (with lsd and good suspension maybe less) but neither car is really that quick off the line but rolling starts would be awsome.. Would gaining traction be much of a problem??

Would gaining traction be much of a problem??

Mate if i can sort this part of the equation out im sure the rest of peoples setups should as well ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

also considering the fact that a s/c delivers boost linearly with rpm build up i would say that the traction concern is made a lot easier as u dont have all the power of the setup hitting at low rpms but rather it builds it gradually......

Care to post a graph that shows what boost is doing jase ?

don't think I've got a graph from it showing boost, only power and afr.

Will get a boost and torque graph when I take it for the final tune.

Hardest thing with the 1ZZ charger is launching the car, just smokes the tyres with so much torque from way down low in the rev range. Jason had to learn how to drive it using a modulated throttle, it's not like a sportivo or standard NA 1zz where you can drive round with it floored whenever you want.

An intercooled setup (blitz) would be 1000 times better as the intake temps are the real killer.

traction with the trd supercharger is no biggi. Changing the pulley from a 2.4 to 2.3---2.1 becomes a real killer as the power band and torque gets shifted at lower rpms. I'm not sure about the blitz kit. Wat psi does the blitz kit run?

don't think I've got a graph from it showing boost, only power and afr.

Will get a boost and torque graph when I take it for the final tune.

Hardest thing with the 1ZZ charger is launching the car, just smokes the tyres with so much torque from way down low in the rev range. Jason had to learn how to drive it using a modulated throttle, it's not like a sportivo or standard NA 1zz where you can drive round with it floored whenever you want.

An intercooled setup (blitz) would be 1000 times better as the intake temps are the real killer.

ah yeh.. good stuff thats what i wanted to hear..

i dont know too much about the blitz kit for 1zz i couldnt get much info about it either.. and i dont know anyone who has one on a corolla only a wish.. i know you cant swap pulleys cos they only make one i think??