Renault Sport Clio 182

Hey guys, just checked out the new clio sport 182 an was just wondering about your thoughts on it as it looks pretty quick 0-100 in 7.1 secs.

Dont get me wrong i love the sportivo but it looks like quite a nice little package, only problem being it is a little small an cramped for my tastes...

Check it out

http://www.renault.com.au/renaultsport/roa...io182/index.htm

only problem being it is a little small an cramped for my tastes...

http://www.renault.com.au/renaultsport/roa...io182/index.htm

I agree whole heartedly with this statement, the minute I sat in one (the previous model though, but same shape) I felt sooooo clostrophobic, it doesn't even have space for a centre console the 2 front seats are virtually on top of each other and the back seat, well I don't remenber seeing one but I'm assured it seats 4???? (there is a back seat for those pedantic people I'm merely adding sarchasm!!!!) If you ask me they out mini'ed the mini....

The phenominal performance comes from the low center of gravity and extremely light wieght, i think it was designed to compare to the Pug 205 GTi in that sence but doesn't have the same cult value... IMHO

It's very tiny, that's why I didn't get it. But it does run fast. You think the sportivo is very nicely tuned with 180Nm out of 1.8 litres using VVTL-i, so that it is both driveable and you still get super aggressive cams above 6000rpm. But this Clio makes 200Nm out of a 2.0 litres (same per litre as 2ZZ-GE) but with just 1 set of cams! Means the cams are not as aggressive as the 2ZZ-GE's (otherwise the Clio wouldn't be easily driveable on the street) but probably port polishing or more aggressive intake system. Once rolling, the Clio can keep up with WRX, I overheard from some WRX owners while I was sitting in a cafe.

Yeh, those cars are Type-R category. Lightweight bodyshell, big engine and bugger the looks, quality and comfort. If i am after a FWD race car i might as well strip my Stivo down and make it one. At least imo it will be more reliable and has better quality than the Renault.

One curious question has the Clio Sport got an LSD?

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hey sorry about posting in the wrong section, my apologies... :unsure:

Yeah the only reason i took a look at them was because one left me for dead at a set of lights lol

It may be one quick car but just the looks an the cramped interior just dont do it for me, whats the use of having a pocket rocket if your not comfortable whilst driving it. The stivo has much greater interior appeal.... :)

Jason

This car is a real b!tch when putting power down through a corner. The wheelspin is uncontrollable so I would say no it does not have LSD.

With the 2litre being so torquey and no LSD they will have a tough time in tight corners. Has it got traction control like the Peugeot 206 Gti180? The TypeR still rules the bends with the LSD and 15 inch wheels (DC2). I think i rather spend money on LSD then tyres :D

• 1 year later...

Lolz old topic.....but yea i got outpaced by one >_<......only just!!....(lolz ran out of road on 2-1 merging strip)....

quick little buggers....but i swear i would've caught u had i had more bitumen...:P

I have had a few runs a the track against a 172 (faster than the 182). It is pretty even between the Sportivo and the Clio. But if you think Toyota dealerships are bad, try dealing with a Renault dealership. Having also driven a 172, they handle the inverse of the rolla, they oversteer as much as we understeer :lol: and the torque hits hard from down around 3000 and only starts running out of breathe around 6700. (I don't know the exact revs since I don't drive it everyday, just to cover for the Clio geeks). How come Les hasn't found this thread yet?

Anyway, if anyone wants a track car, the Sport 172's are going pretty cheap these days ;) 15-18G's.

I have had a few runs a the track against a 172 (faster than the 182). It is pretty even between the Sportivo and the Clio. But if you think Toyota dealerships are bad, try dealing with a Renault dealership. Having also driven a 172, they handle the inverse of the rolla, they oversteer as much as we understeer :lol: and the torque hits hard from down around 3000 and only starts running out of breathe around 6700. (I don't know the exact revs since I don't drive it everyday, just to cover for the Clio geeks). How come Les hasn't found this thread yet?

Anyway, if anyone wants a track car, the Sport 172's are going pretty cheap these days ;) 15-18G's.

My ex had one, it was ok but just too small and it never felt safe. She took it in for a knocking sound under acceleration and the engine mount was broken, the dealer told her to expect this to happen every couple of years.

Here I am SuperDave !! hahah

Here's my run down.

It's a real BFYB stock car

Comparable to a stock Sportivo in terms of track times, drag times etc.

No problem with powering out of corners as someone mentioned above, maybe it's your driving ? NO LSD, but comes with ESP

Small / cute (the chix love it)

Very fuel efficient for a performance vehicle

Not safe ? Said who ? 4 out of 5 starts NCAP rating

Very torquey

Plastics feel ... plasticky ... but great level of standard goodies.

Some cars can be problematic but warranty sorts all that kinda stuff out - much better than any other brand. Renault know the cars aren't made exceptionally well and they are more than happy to sort things out for you under warranty.

How do I know ? I own one :D

Lolz old topic.....but yea i got outpaced by one >_<......only just!!....(lolz ran out of road on 2-1 merging strip)....

quick little buggers....but i swear i would've caught u had i had more bitumen...:P

I indeed did have more bitumen. I slowly crept past one eventually just before hitting third, then he gave up though. I admire them.

I am in the market for a pocket rocket in about 12 months. Clio is definitely gunna be a consideration. New sport cup coming out has 151kW and increased torue. cuts 0-100 to 6.8. Im waiting for the launch to test drive.

Other ones im waiting for is the VW Polo GTI Cup which has finally boosted more power out of the old 110kW 1.8 turbo used in audis and the Gen IV Golf GTI. Its up to 132kW so thatll be a little beast. Waiting to see if VW bring it out here. Also waiting for next gen corolla sportivo, chrysler SRT4 (224kW FWD!), Tiida SSS Which Nissan are trying to confirm. All comes down to price and whats available in 12mths time.