2007 ZRE152R Corolla Mods?

I was conversing with a guy at TMS and he sent me a spreadsheet with all the prices there, and for everything i wanted.

Springs, Bumpers front and rear, Twin pipe exhaust system, spoiler came to like $3,000 or so all up AUD

could u send me the spreadsheet prices?

Can't seem to find the pricelist I got, I'll keep looking. I know i did not delete it.

share share share!

hey fellas,

just wondering if these mod questions apply to the sedan model or the hatchback,

I've found this standard air intake from K&N just wondering if I can get any of your thoughts, I've exhausted myself looking for mods especially for air filters / intakes .

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0594

and also the some lights: There are some clear and black lights for both hatch and sedan

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Toyota_Performan..._Lamps_s/96.htm

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts on the TRD Muffler for the Auris on the Japan TRD site?

Basically I want a nice raspy tone that would sound good. Not loud and definately no drone, just a hint more sportiness.

I have been quoted $600 ex. installation. Will this void my warranty being a TRD part?

Also what do you think of panel filters? K&N or TRD?

Basically I want a nice raspy tone that would sound good. Not loud and definately no drone, just a hint more sportiness.

I have been quoted $600 ex. installation. Will this void my warranty being a TRD part?

I think that if the parts get installed by Toyota then it would not void your warranty, however I would advise that you ask your Toyota dealer before hand. I also think that it depends on the delear. For example, I think that Toyota has 3 or so TRD delears in Australia (correct me if im wrong) and maybe if you were to approach them they would be less hesitant on the topic. (make sure you ask the right person)

I think that if the parts get installed by Toyota then it would not void your warranty, however I would advise that you ask your Toyota dealer before hand. I also think that it depends on the delear. For example, I think that Toyota has 3 or so TRD delears in Australia (correct me if im wrong) and maybe if you were to approach them they would be less hesitant on the topic. (make sure you ask the right person)

Thanks for the tip, ill ask em next time I'm in for a service. not a pressing matter for me at the moment.

Does anyone have opinions on the TRD Muffler? or even TRD vs. K&N for panel air filters???

Thanks for the tip, ill ask em next time I'm in for a service. not a pressing matter for me at the moment.

Does anyone have opinions on the TRD Muffler? or even TRD vs. K&N for panel air filters???

Between drop in filters there would be SFA difference. So pick whichever is to your liking or budget. I can't comment on the muffler.

What i think on the muffler is, what ever part you swap out will not be included anymore in your warranty. But TRD product itself have a seperate 1 year warranty but then because its overseas, its void outside of japan anyway. But i think the best thing is to comfirm with your dealer.

Bluevision will give a nice whiter light and will appear to be brighter, but in fact they don't give any more visibility than the oem globes. You notice this especially when driving in the rain.

Philips Vision plus or Narva plus 50 however do give greater visibility BUT they do not have a nice white light.

So it depends if you want better vision or a better look.

Something that does help alot in making your lights appear whiter is simply changing over the parkers to Bluevision ones.

thanks for the tips. where can i get the philips or narva's at a good price? what should i be paying?

Phillips Diamond Visions are the only way to go!

$600 for a muffler is pretty expensive man is it even catback? I got a custom mild-steel cat-back setup @ an exhaust shop for $360. They can even engineer the sound of the exhaust, you want it raspy? not a problem. I use to think "WOW! TRD muffler! must be good". But how much difference can a muffler make performance wise? Not knocking TRD it would be awesome to have, but if you're like me and can't afford brand luxuries i'll rather go for a custom job, i heard good things about X-Force aswell..

An air filter isn't going to make any difference to the car, your just changing the panel. Just get the one you want/can afford. Or just get a CAI way cooler :D

/end_rant

I want it to sound like the Alfa 4-cycl engines... something along those lines.

Yes $600 for a muffler only is very expensive. The muffler is a unique design and shape though.

Buy an Alfa then.

What i think on the muffler is, what ever part you swap out will not be included anymore in your warranty. But TRD product itself have a seperate 1 year warranty but then because its overseas, its void outside of japan anyway. But i think the best thing is to comfirm with your dealer.

I just got off the phone to the service centre of my local dealer, and they state that the exhaust can be changed, but basically if you get say a fault in the exhaust, its not covered anymore.

So essentially any item you replace in the car is no longer covered in the warranty.

for example: if i get a CAI for the car (which is engine related). the engine is now no longer under warranty.

however if i get an exhaust system, the exhaust itself will not be covered, however the engine is still under warranty (providing that the fault is not exhaust related)

so exhaust, here i come!

Just came back from Sunbury Exhaust and Performance (well this was about 4:30pm today). Full custom mandrel bent exhaust with a Remus tip.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Pretty happy with the result. :)

nice one mate. how much did that cost you?

btw would you be able to record a sound clip of it running?

yep, ill do that when i get home, it was $600 fitted.

Just came back from Sunbury Exhaust and Performance (well this was about 4:30pm today). Full custom mandrel bent exhaust with a Remus tip.

Hey Toduboi the tips look good but you didn't mention what got, ie cat-back or axel-back.

I changed the exaust on my Yaris which was from the axel-back and a threw an engine checklight. I drove my car for about 50 to 80km before the light came on, has this happened to you?

Hey Toduboi the tips look good but you didn't mention what got, ie cat-back or axel-back.

I changed the exaust on my Yaris which was from the axel-back and a threw an engine checklight. I drove my car for about 50 to 80km before the light came on, has this happened to you?

whats better? cat-back or axel-back?

if im only concerned about sound as a priority, what should I be shopping for?

whats better? cat-back or axel-back?

if im only concerned about sound as a priority, what should I be shopping for?

If my priority was sound the I would get a cat-back. I personly havent got an X-Force twinloop muffler but I have heard that they produce a really good sound, try YouTube im sure that you would be able to find a clip with the muffler in action.

Basically since there is no real exhausts out there for these 152 series rollas. (well mainstream anyway), some experimentation and custom piping was used.

Now the original piping (sans resinators/mufflers) is okay, AND HUGE! (photos of old parts to come) its all mandrel bent from the factory.

But I opted for custom piping right through, now this has not thrown an engine light yet, because if it did I'll be very annoyed heh.

Travelled 200km or so already on it, seems ok.

• 1 month later...

CES are putting the final touches on the CAI prototype and next step is some back to back testing. CAI on the 152's is a bit more complex than on the previous 122/3 models henc a bit more time in the ol' desgin area to make it work.

As for the exhaust CES will also look into designing something similiar to the 122/123 models. Price for cat back will also be relatively similiar as well.