AS IF

misslevin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forget about superlows they're crap...

what model is your rolla? ZZE122 or something isnt it?

yeah ZZE122

hmm

sorted your car out yet or is that the plan for the weekend?

Hey $260 for king springs and $280 for lovel lows, both prices include delivery, i've got lovel lows and they're awesome but i doubt your gonna notice a difference, both same right height... obviously you'll then need to have it installed but not sure how much if your providing the springs, if you have no luck i could maybe do them for you at my mechanics workshop in morley. Then you'll need the wheel alignment which you wouldnt pay anymore than $60

car still off the road until tuesday at the earliest, pretty lonely weekend i've jst been riding my push bike hahaha wbu?

Edited by jayrome

yeah ZZE122

hmm

Hey $260 for king springs and $280 for lovel lows, both prices include delivery, i've got lovel lows and they're awesome but i doubt your gonna notice a difference, both same right height... obviously you'll then need to have it installed but not sure how much if your providing the springs, if you have no luck i could maybe do them for you at my mechanics workshop in morley. Then you'll need the wheel alignment which you wouldnt pay anymore than $60

car still off the road until tuesday at the earliest, pretty lonely weekend i've jst been riding my push bike hahaha wbu?

how much r u chargin? :P

yeah ZZE122

hmm

well i need to borrow the mechanics hoist, so i'd have to pay them, will double check what they charge for it first... i wouldnt pay anymore than $150 for install and $40 for wheel alignment if you went anywhere else.

are you getting some for yours?

yeah ZZE122

hmm

well i need to borrow the mechanics hoist, so i'd have to pay them, will double check what they charge for it first... i wouldnt pay anymore than $150 for install and $40 for wheel alignment if you went anywhere else.

are you getting some for yours?

yeah thinkin of lowerin the car..but might be later n stuff..c how it goes.. :P so i`ll know who to find if i need lowering ey :P

yeah ZZE122

hmm

hm ok i might suss out some quotes on installation & alignment

:D cheers for the quotes

on a different note

someone F****** hit my car either yesterday or today

front left ... MASSIVE white scratch and even took a massive chip out of my paint :angry:

not happy!!!!!!!

people are so inconsiderate!!!! grrr :angry: <_<

Know how you feel was in Sydney a coupe of weeks ago and somebody put a dent in door only a small dent but can still be seen people can be incosiderate. Your car is looking great. Have you put the sound system in it.

Edited by 1rocky

hahaha now i also know who to find..by king springs..do you mean Superlows for 260 or just the normal lows.

just the normal lows, the lovel lows are maybe a bees ***** lower than the king springs...

I've found they sit higher.

The Lovells Super Low's are a 65mm drop too from memory. I lol'd at that.

50mm drop on Kings are fine if the shocks are replaced with suitable units.

at work or outside of work?? i know the feeling and it makes u sooo mad!!

i've not parked near anyone else outside of work so it must of been :angry:

far out!! i'll have a look at work to see if anyone's got a red mark on their car :P

hahaha now i also know who to find..by king springs..do you mean Superlows for 260 or just the normal lows.

just the normal lows, the lovel lows are maybe a bees ***** lower than the king springs...

superlows on stock shocks are fine if your after looks but dont expect them to perform as well as a matched spring and shock combo :rolleyes:

superlows on stock shocks are fine if your after looks but dont expect them to perform as well as a matched spring and shock combo :rolleyes:

Yeah or last as long ay haha. A guy I knew at CIT was wondering why his WRX kept bouncing everywhere. 2 years nearly on stock shocks with re-heated springs. Noob.

Yeah or last as long ay haha. A guy I knew at CIT was wondering why his WRX kept bouncing everywhere. 2 years nearly on stock shocks with re-heated springs. Noob.

haha yeah i think any shocks with alot of driving will be pretty worn out after a couple of years but the silly rex noob had no idea lol

I got done@ Caro last weegend,parkd up @ the hoyts entrance..BAM..got done..Dark green paint..I was parked up next to a beemer too,Shouldve checkd the plates or sumthn,Who wouldve known got done by a beemer??

So much for classier peeples in europeen cars,More like dopes??!! (sorry venting)

Know how you feel was in Sydney a coupe of weeks ago and somebody put a dent in door only a small dent but can still be seen people can be incosiderate. Your car is looking great. Have you put the sound system in it.

mm apparently there's surveillance cameras at work so i might have to have a word to someone :spiteful:

nah no sound system yet, i want to get it lowered first & now need to fix my matching diagonal scratches & chips :(

I got done@ Caro last weegend,parkd up @ the hoyts entrance..BAM..got done..Dark green paint..I was parked up next to a beemer too,Shouldve checkd the plates or sumthn,Who wouldve known got done by a beemer??

So much for classier peeples in europeen cars,More like dopes??!! (sorry venting)

a beemer!! thats annoying and stupid!

:angry:

I had king lows before i put the lovels on, and the lovels sit lower, plus the guy that works for whiteline that i bought them from told me they're lower too. superlows are only for show...

my reasons:

illegal height , reduced suspension travel

all so people on the outside of the car can laugh at you because your car is stupidly low

and you have to put up with a harsh ride , just for that reason

seems pointless to me

Edited by jayrome

I had king lows before i put the lovels on, and the lovels sit lower, plus the guy that works for whiteline that i bought them from told me they're lower too. superlows are only for show...

my reasons:

illegal height , reduced suspension travel

all so people on the outside of the car can laugh at you because your car is stupidly low

and you have to put up with a harsh ride , just for that reason

seems pointless to me

The height isn't illegal on AS IF's chassis type with a 50mm drop.

The suspension travel is maintained and even improved if you swap in the correct shocks (KYB's or Koni's as an example).

It's not stupidly low for us. It sits nicely. (I had lovells sports lows in my sportivo. It still looked like a truck). Having a decent ride height is important for reducing bodyroll, but not eliminating it completely.

The ride isn't that harsh. I have 32 way adjustable coilovers in mine and I don't need kidney braces. I have around 1 1/2 fingers worth of play between the tyre and the guard and it handles like a dream without any harshness. Fair enough I can't go up gutters etc, but why the hell would I with jdm rims lol.

Not having a stab, that's just my 2c with this chassis type specifically.

thats cool, i don't like them personally but everyone's different and prefer different things to others, i guess at the end of the day its misslevin's choice :P

BTW if your interested - superlows same price as lows, same spring just shorter :P

Edited by jayrome