Hot Fishing Spots

Grey-Rolla

Hey guys i haven't posted for a while, well since the exams are over soon i will be doing some fishing and I am sure you guys will be too.

This thread is about fishing hot spots in Sydney or NSW.

Would be good to tell me what type of fishing eg, rock, squdigey, land base and or boat . And also it would be good to name the species of fish that could be caught at that hot spot. You can also include tips such as rigs, bait or where you can collect bait and the best times to fish.

Happy Fishing All

:spiteful::rolleyes:

Cheers

Edited by Grey-Rolla

oooh this has got to be my favourite thread. i love fishing. i go on every oppurtunity. wether it is rain, hail or shine im out there wetting a line. in my opinion guys i think sydney harbour is over fished. you might get the odd 1 big fish but i prefer to drive upto entrance or gosford or go out with a boat from sydney heads. my bro went to clifton gardens last weekend at night and caught a 44cm bream and some smaller ones. i think it was just a 1 off. anyways wanna hear everyone elses secret spots.

yes fishing is the best! im out there fishing atleast 2-3 times a week. anywhere along para river is good. clifton gardens is pretty good for taylor. we got about 2 bucketfuls of them all legal size about a month ago.

yes fishing is the best! im out there fishing atleast 2-3 times a week. anywhere along para river is good. clifton gardens is pretty good for taylor. we got about 2 bucketfuls of them all legal size about a month ago.

far out thats alot of tailor. havent been goin fishing much lately cause of the cold and not the season for proper fish yet. they all seem to have gone hiding but i think as it gets warmer there starting to come back south to sydney. so tempted to go fishing tonight. beatiful weather.

For those that know the Hawkesbury.....

PatongaDepending on the wind+direction of it, start at one end of Patonga beach, and drift to the other end... Once you get there do it again. With summer coming up you will catch a heap of whiting on beach worms

Barenjoey head/Palm Beach - Come out of the heads and head around the corner towards palm beach. Anchor out ~4-6 boat lengths... Fish with heavy weight and discreet hooks - Recently pulled out a few 3kg+ salmon + the odd king fish.... Squid or Pilchards.

Elanor's Bluff - Opposite Juno point... Fish anywhere along the beach for plenty of flathead. Be careful if your fishing with light gear, we have pulled a few 10kg + Jew's out there.

Flint and Steel Reef - If there are no boats here fish, but otherwise don't bother.. Use heaps of lead, and be prepared to sit there for ages.

West head - Live Bait - Anchor up around 10-20m out from the heads. Use small hand reels, i mean small as in 10cm diameter, and the smallest long shank hooks you can buy. You small pieces of squid and plenty of bread in the water for burley. If its windy, give up, otherwise you will catch anywhere from 10-30 Yellow tails ranging in size from 10cm up to around 25cm...

If you want better descriptions of the spots PM me or find the spots on Mish's picture...

Elanors bottom Left of the picture

Patonga/Flint and steel - Middle of the picture

West Head Far right

Palm Beach - Just out of frame on the far right...

Hope that helps and wets your taste buds!!

been out to bundeena in the last few weeks. on a run out tide, theres heaps and i mean HEAPS of yellow tail. all averaging about 25cm each. perfect bait for taylor. theres also squid aswell.

was at kissing point wharf about two weeks back, decent flathead out that way.all ranging from 40-60cm each. also been alot of bream around 30+cm.

oh man. some of you might know i went on holidays to nelson bay like 1 week ago. we had a boat but not big enough to go out the heads. anyway were we were staying was rite next to the boat ramp. and i would go out to the boat ramp everyday at about 1 and watch all the guys clean there catch. theres this island which is about 15 km's off shore and they fish around the island. man was i impressed with the fish they were catching. not exactly sure on weight of fish but every boat that came in was bringing about 10, 70 to 80cm snapper. also including roughly 5 flatheads just over 70cm's. there was this guy that came back with 3 yellow fin tuna. my all time favourite fish. and the biggest one weighing in at 25kg. this was one big ***** mofo.

so tempted so sell the stivo and buy a boat. its hard to pick which one. boat or stivo. cant decide.

We soooo need to organise a fishing cruise already... has been talked about many times in the past.

so dylan when are we going fishing the boat is ready :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

when I finish my thesis... I'll supply the beer :)

Edited by MR22ZZ

Okies boyz and girls, one of my secret sport that never fails me its Stanwell park Coal Clift, it is abit dangerous for beginning, but an experience fishermen will love the place.

If its sunny, with no wind your garanteed to catch quid, yellow tail can be caught as live bait or so, coalclift point is famous for jewfish, my biggest one there was 8kilos. ive caught buckets 13 squid there in oneday, yummie calamari rings, sweet chilli thai style is so damnz yummie, the biggest onve ive caught was a 45cm monster and that does not include tentacle so roughly from the eyes to the tail :spiteful: .

Theres also trevally, bream, snadder, Sargent baker (for those who are desperate to catch something), mackerel, bonito, sharks, and garfish.

Use Beach road around 3m long and a heavey reel, with around 6 kilo would be very fun.

Cheers

Edited by Grey-Rolla

Should organise a fishing cruise definitely. I mainly go to clifton and so far have been catching trev's and bream, 33cm+.

If your down the gong, head to bass point with your metal lure and give it a go down the rocks tailors are there in good numbers. But you need a big rod and a nice cast to get to where the fish are.

I'm heading off to narrabeen tomorrow to give it ago. Would like to try catching whiting this time.

im going out tomoro morning at 4am. so in like 5 hours time. anyways taking out my mates 6.6m marlin broadbill with 2x 90hp yamaha's on there. should be fun. going offshore to do some bottom bashing and some trolling. hopefully get some nice big flatheads and some kingfish. anyways well let you all know how it goes tomoro.

I mainly go to clifton and so far have been catching trev's and bream, 33cm+.

Do you mean Clifton Gardens?? My mum ate the fish that I caught there years ago and got food poisoning. She was partially paralysed and vomitting for a few hours :o

Yep clifton gardens is where I go. Plenty of fish when the sun starts setting. You just reel them in. I might give it a go next week with some better clothing, stupid mozzies.

I fished at narrabeen (spelling?) today near the entrance at the bridge and caught 1 take home bream, just legal enough to take home. But there were just too many people today, kyaking and all. Only fished for 1 1/2 hour before heading back home.

Thinking of going back to bass point again though, alway big fish once they bite.

Cheers