The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

Sorry.. I meant buy a second car next year (probably about march) for modifying and leaving the sportivo stock. I have read alot through the forum about what to modify on a sportivo but i dont know what difference it will make? Probably just wait a while anyway, ive only had the car 2 months :blink:

hey,

just wondering why the rrp of the honda insight is diferrent on redbook($29,990) and different on tv($33,490 driveaway) thanks

Probably so when the salesman in the Honda dealership "negotiates you a better price" he can drop down to under $30,000, and you think "Wow, he's giving me a good price, I'll take it".

hey,

just wondering why the rrp of the honda insight is diferrent on redbook($29,990) and different on tv($33,490 driveaway) thanks

Because the TV isn't quoting RRP price, it is quoting driveaway price (which all dealers must now do), which includes stamp duty, dealer delivery fee (the "$2000 car wash") etc etc.

Price Guide - refers to the price provided to us by a manufacturer for a vehicle and excludes costs, such as options, dealer delivery, stamp duty, and other government charges, that may apply. Always check the single figure price with the seller of a vehicle before purchasing.

hey,

Because the TV isn't quoting RRP price, it is quoting driveaway price (which all dealers must now do), which includes stamp duty, dealer delivery fee (the "$2000 car wash") etc etc.

Price Guide - refers to the price provided to us by a manufacturer for a vehicle and excludes costs, such as options, dealer delivery, stamp duty, and other government charges, that may apply. Always check the single figure price with the seller of a vehicle before purchasing.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

just wondering where you can buy those plastic bags you use to put clothes in and then take all the air out by vaccuming it and what it is called? thanks

Crazy Clarks... or if you want to spend more, KMart and the likes.

just wondering what type of batteries do hybrid cars use and what is it's mtbf( not the normal car battery but the battery that powers the electric motor) thanks.

They most commonly use NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) cells (1.2V) grouped together to form it's battery. For example, the new Prius uses 168 x 1.2V cells to form its 201.6V battery pack and the Hybrid Camry uses 204 x 1.2V cells to form its 244.8V battery pack. Both can supply up to 650 volts AC however due to the inverters used.

Anyway, that probably provided more information than what you needed. As for the average life of them, it all comes down to how the car is used, how much cycle the battery goes through, and the climate conditions. Expecting at least 5-8 years of life would be something normal. Toyota provides an 8 year warranty on the batteries, so that has to say something.

just wondering what type of batteries do hybrid cars use and what is it's mtbf( not the normal car battery but the battery that powers the electric motor) thanks.

They most commonly use NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) cells (1.2V) grouped together to form it's battery. For example, the new Prius uses 168 x 1.2V cells to form its 201.6V battery pack and the Hybrid Camry uses 204 x 1.2V cells to form its 244.8V battery pack. Both can supply up to 650 volts AC however due to the inverters used.

Anyway, that probably provided more information than what you needed. As for the average life of them, it all comes down to how the car is used, how much cycle the battery goes through, and the climate conditions. Expecting at least 5-8 years of life would be something normal. Toyota provides an 8 year warranty on the batteries, so that has to say something.

also when the batteries die.. how much would it usually cost to replace them?

also when the batteries die.. how much would it usually cost to replace them?

i expect it to be quite expensive.

Im considering getting lower suspension when i get my new front shocks. I wanted to know if the place i get suspension/shocks, will install them too? I just dont know because i havent had to before. I know it depends what product i buy but im sure a few of you guys have been there and done that. I'd like to get mid range choices, because i wont be taking my car to the track or anything but i would like something decent aswell. Money isnt that much of a problem but if you guys can recommend something for me that would be great :D

And yes i have read through the forum, im mainly asking for where to go for them because of course toyota wont do it?

thanks.

hey,

jsut wondering which brand of sunglasses are good? ( im looking for a sunglass that doesnt let the sun sting my eyes when its sunrise) also whats the differnece between a normal sunglass and a poloarised sunglass thanks

jsut wondering which brand of sunglasses are good? ( im looking for a sunglass that doesnt let the sun sting my eyes when its sunrise) also whats the differnece between a normal sunglass and a poloarised sunglass thanks

For decent eye protection, I personally use either Bolle branded sunnies (if you want to spend some money) or Fish / Sport Optics brand (if you want a cheap pair you can toss around etc)... both of which I only get the polarised variety. As for how well they protect your eyes, that is a decision you have to make based on your research. Manufacturers like to make lots of claims, and some tests of certain sunnies may not exactly be accurate.

The Fish / Sport Optics brands are good for the fact that for like $50, you can pick up a good pair of polarised glasses. On average I go through 1.5 pairs a year because they either get all scratched up or I loose them while out on the water or something.

Polarised glasses will cut out a lot of glare and are really good in the harsh Australian sun. Just Google it if you want to find out how exactly it does that. Your best bet is going to a place like the Sunglasses Clearance Warehouse and trying on multiple pairs. If you can see straight outside of the shop, you will be able to see just how much of a difference polarised glasses can make.

hey,

i was downloading several files on bitorrent and today when i booted up the computer to continue the download all of them said "error: former volume not mounted" im wondering what is causing this and how do i fix it? thanks

hey,

i was downloading several files on bitorrent and today when i booted up the computer to continue the download all of them said "error: former volume not mounted" im wondering what is causing this and how do i fix it? thanks

It means that the drive letter has changed from the previous use. Most likely you are using an external hdd which can cause this problem. To fix this problem just delete the torrent file but not the data files and then run the torrent file again and locate the previous data location and let the pc do the rest.

hey,

It means that the drive letter has changed from the previous use. Most likely you are using an external hdd which can cause this problem. To fix this problem just delete the torrent file but not the data files and then run the torrent file again and locate the previous data location and let the pc do the rest.

what do you mean by "and then run the torrent file again and locate the previous data location and let the pc do the rest"

btw when i looked at bit torrent, it seems to be using the same driver letter

.. i delteted the the torrent file but not the data files and then reopen the torrent from torrent website but it made the file drop from 20% done to 0% done with the same "error former volume not mounted"

Edited by EK1

I mean open the torrent file again and locate the previous location of the old files. It should continue from where it left off.

im sorry im really confused(im a noob) could you please explain it step by step im not sure what im doing..