The Best Corolla Ad Ever!!

!*heatseca*!

Pure gold of an Ad.

Made think that we just dont make them like we used to. After I watched this, I wanted to grow a mustache, buy the new SX rolla, get a dog with a bandanna coz I would then feel ultimately 100 times more attractive to women in paddocks... watch the video and you'll know wat i mean! :P

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

And I don't wanna see any replies which may include the phrase 'encourages dangerous driving!'

(Sorry about the 'totally wild' that somehow worked its way in there...)

Edited by !*heatseca*!

awesome!!

A lot of that ad is filmed in canberra... I dare say that its either Neal or Rick Bates driving... its definately them driving the rolla at Bathurst!

obviously its not the guy with the moustache :P

That is the best commercial I have ever seen :D

So much wrong with it, but so bloody enjoyable. Ah, the 90's. It was an 80's hangover!

Wats wrong with it?? I totally believed the awesome performance of the SX and those totally believable situations the car was put into. :P

damm thats a top commercial. how come hey didnt have one like this of the stivo

Well when the first new rolla was released (by that I mean the ZZE-122R) the ad they used to announce the new shape and VVTi engine was three rollas driving on a country road doing hand-brake turns and the like. You may remember the cow saying 'the all new Toyota Corolla'. But then a law was passed governing all new car ads saying that driving like the one in this ad (and the one I just mentioned) encouraged dangerous driving (hence my comment in my first post).

And thats why you'll never see an ad like this again!

damm thats a top commercial. how come hey didnt have one like this of the stivo

Well when the first new rolla was released (by that I mean the ZZE-122R) the ad they used to announce the new shape and VVTi engine was three rollas driving on a country road doing hand-brake turns and the like. You may remember the cow saying 'the all new Toyota Corolla'. But then a law was passed governing all new car ads saying that driving like the one in this ad (and the one I just mentioned) encouraged dangerous driving (hence my comment in my first post).

And thats why you'll never see an ad like this again!

yeah, cant have ads with motorsport or cars driving dangerously, but you can have Hyundai ads were babies are allowed to drive cars..... yeah right, good one.

yeah, cant have ads with motorsport or cars driving dangerously, but you can have Hyundai ads were babies are allowed to drive cars..... yeah right, good one.

Ah, Micky...don't sound so cut that our beloved toyota didn't get an ad, while hyundai was letting babies drive!! The baby driving is obviously less believable than 3 rollas driving hardcore in the country....but I'll leave that for another thread one day :P

This ad is gold... but how long does it go for?!?!? Anyone, who saw it actually televised back in the day, know which bits never made it to tv??

Ah, Micky...don't sound so cut that our beloved toyota didn't get an ad, while hyundai was letting babies drive!!

No they banned that one too thinking it would actually influene todlers to get behind the wheel :whistling: They've re-cut it now so it just shows the baby with the car but not actually driving it.