How much to pay for Genuine Toyota service?

Flo_Jo

Hi all,

Hi New camry owner here ... Just wondering how much would I expect to pay for the following services for my 2003 Camry V6 - 90,000kms service at a Toyota Dealer. Is $300 too much to pay?

1. Oil Change

2. Fuel Filter change

3. Air filter change

4. Coolant flush / change

5. Replace Spark plugs

6. Power Steering fluid change

7. Transmission oil change

8. Wheel rotation and balancing

Would appreciate your previous experiences.

yeah $300 is the normal price....

if you go to Ultratune is will be abit cheaper... yet it wont void your warranty :)

... will ultratune use same parts as Toyota dealership?

i heard genuine toyota parts costs a bit more as well ... :blink:

I have a 4cyc..the last time i paid thru toyota was around $200 for a 75000k service :)

dude - love what u did to ur grill and lights ...

do u sell that yourself or get it from ebay?

can i ask how much that cost for replacing grille and adding led headlights?

quoted serviced by toyota in Glen, Vic, will cost $275, plus another Aurion tat i m sending in $150(around)

i sent camry to my usual mechanic, who can still sign for my log book, i insist he follow the requirement and doing some job extra, total cost $110(using genuine toyota parts!!, and this is paying too much, coz i used to pay only $90(without receipt))

so~ its up to u~ toyota service? i dont really care, coz if they love their customers, they SHOULD NOT HAVE LIE to me, when my air con has problem, and insist that its normal, then when i start getting angry and scolding, they fixed it...

Edited by dannywss

Considering:

Cheapest plugs u will find will be $15 a pop, thats $60, u got $20 for a cheap aftermarket air filter, $10 for an aftermarket oil filter, $20 for reasonable quality oil.... u have about $110 in the cheapest parts u can find.... if u go genuine, u r looking at $150.

$300 sounds very reasonable to me considering that a normal mechanic charges $50 labour for just a simple oil change.

Toyota know ur car, check it for any recalls etc, It all depends on how many KM u do.... I do about 35 000 a year, my 94 camry gets an oil change every 5000km from the cheapest mechanic i can find (usually about $95). If i could afford it, once a year, i'd take it to toyota to make sure it is problem free.... as it stands, i just can't afford it.

$300 sounds... fair. Can get it cheaper from somewhere else, but when you deal with Toyota, you'll get Toyota Service. Some people don't even like em, or touch em with a 10 foot freakin barge pole, some others just go to Toyota as a normal routine.

my mechanic's an ex-toyota tech/mech... he buys his parts through Toyota really cheap and uses them... I guess you can say I get BETTER than Toyota, lol.

Considering:

Cheapest plugs u will find will be $15 a pop, thats $60, u got $20 for a cheap aftermarket air filter, $10 for an aftermarket oil filter, $20 for reasonable quality oil.... u have about $110 in the cheapest parts u can find.... if u go genuine, u r looking at $150.

$300 sounds very reasonable to me considering that a normal mechanic charges $50 labour for just a simple oil change.

Toyota know ur car, check it for any recalls etc, It all depends on how many KM u do.... I do about 35 000 a year, my 94 camry gets an oil change every 5000km from the cheapest mechanic i can find (usually about $95). If i could afford it, once a year, i'd take it to toyota to make sure it is problem free.... as it stands, i just can't afford it.

Thanks for your reply 94 Camry ... I only do around 17-18K a year on my car. Just bought it a couple of months ago - and I noticed it had been serviced at a toyota dealer all the time. A friend of mine who works at Toyota offered to do the service at mates rates $300 - said usual service like this costs around $700!! :blink:

given that all parts are genuine and all the oils have been changed - including transmission - i am thinking it is a pretty fair deal - although a touch on the dear side.

$300 sounds... fair. Can get it cheaper from somewhere else, but when you deal with Toyota, you'll get Toyota Service. Some people don't even like em, or touch em with a 10 foot freakin barge pole, some others just go to Toyota as a normal routine.

my mechanic's an ex-toyota tech/mech... he buys his parts through Toyota really cheap and uses them... I guess you can say I get BETTER than Toyota, lol.

That sounds like a pretty good deal you have there mate.

I expect to be overcharged at Toyota dealerships - cuz that's where the cash cow lies.

how much u pay for a normal service thru this dude?

• 2 months later...

paid $180 for 2005 camry 45k service plus $80 for fuel system clean. includes oil change and spark plug change. about $88 for it all was for labour the rest was parts.

got charged more for the oil and filter than I would have if I just walked in off the street and bought it cash. that's for the prodcut cost only, no labour accounted for.

I never trust dealers not to overcharge me or to charge me for stuff that they said they did but actually didn't.

Either way karma will get them if they rip me off.

Because I personally know my mechanic, I get decent prices. To get a normal service I'm lookin around 80 bucks (I supply the oil though).

I get mine done every 5k... Magnatec oil... everything else looked at, and small sundry expenses :P

I know this may be a little off-topic, this being the Camry side of the forum, but here goes.

My father brought his 1991 Hi-Ace in to Toyota. It had ~400,000 Km's on the clock. It was rough but in reasonable running order.

He wanted a major service. He himself got serviced by Toyota however. they did't do much to his van.

When he came to pick up his van, they had a bill for $600 or thereabouts. He wanted to know what they did.

Here's what they did;

Walk around and check for malfunctioning light globes (for the indicators, headlights etc):- $20 for each corner of the vehicle.

Notice how I said 'check', the price they charge does not include actually taking off the lenses and replacing the globes, no, no that's a lot more. I think the total bill for replacing all the stuffed globes came to $140.

Then there was "cleaning out" of the fuel system; they may or may not have actually done this, my father felt no difference in the car's performance after.

$120

Then the last thing, replacing the rocker cover gasket. Now I must tell you, they did a very nice job with this. Neat and professional. So was the price.

About $300-350, I'm not sure. It seemed they were reticent to actually itemize it. Another thing, they quoted a price on a new driver's seat, the crown wheel for the engine, and Oh my ***...a price on a new gearbox!

They wanted about $2000 for a new seat, $1200 for the crown gear and maybe $6500 for the gearbox! My father just laughed himself silly...he paid only $3000 for the car itself! 5 years later, he still has the dodgy old gearbox fitted. The problem? It pops out of top gear when you deccelerate, that's all. Still gets him from A to B no worries.

It seems if your Toyota has high Km's, they will go to town on you! And before you guys and gals get skeptical about this poster, I will say I am a proud Toyota owner. I just won't buy parts new from Toyota, unless they are a disposable part of the engine.