Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

I won't be out this week, had an accident last night when going around the Mt Cootha roundabout with Rowan at a boostcruising meet. It had just rained, and the road must have been slippery. I went round the roundabout at about 60km/h, started to turn but the car went straight. Brakes didn't work, VSC kicked in but did nothing to slow the car down, mounted the kerb and the front wheel on the passenger side was torn off the CV joint. Both rims on left side of car badly damaged, and the door couldn't open properly. Called insurance and the car got towed away. I guess it is my own fault for not compensating for the poor weather. I've done that roundabout so many times before and have had no problems. All I can think of is that the road was slippery due to the small passing shower that we had. The strange thing is that I wasn't even going very fast, because I had stopped to give way to someone on my right, I wouldn't have had enough distance to pickup too much speed. The impact tore a chunk of concrete off the kerb.

It's not going to be a cheap or quick fix, lucky my excess is $500 but my rating 1 is gone.... :( I'm still waiting for a call from the insurance assessors. Sigh, even if they fix her up she might never be the same again....

Edited by Supercharged TRD

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the TRD! Just reading about that accident is painful. I hope they get it back on the road again soon and that it drives like new again.

Yes, it's bad but I'm not too upset because the insurance will cop most of it. I, for one, believe that everything in life happens for a reason. Therefore I'm not beating myself up about it. I just hope she gets well again!

Anyone fancy a Nebo run in my "TRD" 1998 1.8L Lancer station wagon? :lol:

Pics to be up tonight

go and kick a massive hole in your front mount cooler from the acco, then replace it with a bigger FMIC so you can run way more boost.

i don't think the lancer wagon will slow you down at all the way you drive

whitestivo

i should be there

matt how bogan was the boostcruise last night....ive never seen so many derolict cars and people in my life...never going to a meet dufing the week again

sorry guys ive got class thursday night still but im skipping it next week so i hope to see use all there...including nate's new car :D

Edited by ELEGNT

i should be there

matt how bogan was the boostcruise last night....ive never seen so many derolict cars and people in my life...never going to a meet dufing the week again

sorry guys ive got class thursday night still but im skipping it next week so i hope to see use all there...including nate's new car :D

Yeah that was freakin dodge as i am so glad you turned up otherwise i would have been straight out of there. Did you hear my bov go off when i was following back to the freeway ramp?

i should be there

Yeah that was freakin dodge as i am so glad you turned up otherwise i would have been straight out of there. Did you hear my bov go off when i was following back to the freeway ramp?

i was like 20m infront of you and thats all i could here it sounds mint

Just a heads up.

As some of you's may know I'm currently slowly selling ALL my mods, so come along this thurs and see what you need. Giving the bris ppl first dibs.

If some pple are interesting in my doof doof system, let me know before Wed, and I'll get it put back in for a sound test :)

Edited by DHC09

Just a heads up.

As some of you's may know I'm currently slowly selling ALL my mods, so come along this thurs and see what you need. Giving the bris ppl first dibs.

If some pple are interesting in my doof doof system, let me know before Wed, and I'll get it put back in for a sound test :)

hmm, seems i might need to looksy at what you have, or should i say, what don't you have lol :lol:

Evo

Just a heads up.

hmm, seems i might need to looksy at what you have, or should i say, what don't you have lol :lol:

Evo

I have everything you need :rolleyes:

- CES CAI

- Zero 2

- Thunder extractor - ported by CES - full stainless steel mandrel

- 2z catback

- Whiteline front strut

- TRD rear strut

- Grill

- Cooling panel

- Fog lights

and more....

Edited by DHC09

Well I'm currently at Darwin airport waiting for my flight back to Brissy. I will definitely be at the meet tonight then.