Roof Rails for kx-r

jaj

Hi Guys,

Just want to find out if it is easy to install those roof rails from kx-s and grande model. Because i want them they look really good unfortunately i can only afford the kx-r model :( .

Also does anyone know how much they are and where i can get them? Would toyota spare parts sell them? I haven't had a chance to call them yet. thanks.

Edited by jaj

Hi Guys,

Just want to find out if it is easy to install those roof rails from kx-s and grande model. Because i want them they look really good unfortunately i can only afford the kx-r model :( .

Also does anyone know how much they are and where i can get them? Would toyota spare parts sell them? I haven't had a chance to call them yet. thanks.

toyota spares would sell sell them

I have a grande and am hunting the cross rails to fit between them, the ones they sell through the dealer here wrap around the rails and are after market , in US they are original ones that slot into the channels properly. Anyone have any idea where to get original ones , the dealer just shrugs his shoulders.

i just bought the cross bars that go accross the rails at penrith toyota for $182. it was trade price though cause my cousin has an account with them. i shopped around first though cause every toyota i rang had different pricing so i went to the one who had the cheapest then got my cousin to order it :D. the genuine toyota cross bars have a max weight load of 75kgs though what did u need it for?? we bought ours to hold the roof pod we bought for our holiday. which had a max weight of 50kgs so it worked out well. they quite good too they slide accross the rails so u can have them at different lengths.

i just bought the cross bars that go accross the rails at penrith toyota for $182. it was trade price though cause my cousin has an account with them. i shopped around first though cause every toyota i rang had different pricing so i went to the one who had the cheapest then got my cousin to order it :D. the genuine toyota cross bars have a max weight load of 75kgs though what did u need it for?? we bought ours to hold the roof pod we bought for our holiday. which had a max weight of 50kgs so it worked out well. they quite good too they slide accross the rails so u can have them at different lengths.

Its actually the roof rails i'm after..not the cross bars as the roof rails dont come standard in kx-r. It's a very good price for cross bars though, they're usually around $400 last time i checked.

Do they fit in the slots of the rails or wrap around the rail

Edited by dlodlo

hi!!!

sorry for the delay in reply. i been a bit busy.

anyways yeah they kind of grip onto the rails like hands and when u find the spot u want them in they lock with the key suppied into place so they dont move. i'll take pics of ours next time they on our car.

the manual said not to leave them on the car for extended periods of time as it weakens them so at the moment they are back in the box. or did u still want a pic of them?

and wow 800 thats heaps for the rails but were they the ones that go onto the gutter !!! im so glad we already had the rails on ours though cause i knew it would come in handy one day. :D