Having problems with your inbuilt Bluetooth ?

riftime

Hi all,

I thought I'd ask if anyone is annoyed or troubled by their integrated bluetooth system. I have a Presara. I found that I had to speak very loudly and directly towards the microphone which is located in the front centre light console. The user manual didn't offer any assistance. I was so disappointed as I spend a lot of time on the phone (mostly work) and people were complaining that they couldn't hear me and the call quality was crap. It was basically unusable in my experience.

I managed to fix this problem myself by navigating into the config screens of the Sat Nav unit and increasing the Microphone gain (I think it was called "Transmit Sound Level") from 0dB to +5dB. Now it's perfect, what a difference! If anyone wants more detailed (step-by-step) instructions on how to do this, let me know and I'll post. The instructions would work for the Presara or for any other models which have the pricy integrated Sat Nav unit. Not sure if they'd work for the "black" cheaper Sat Nav unit, but you could always try.

I'm so happy with the unit now, can even drive with the sunroof open while talking on the phone and it all works so well (no noise from the air flow, no more complaints from the other parties).

/R

Had the same problem myself but its all in the system settings.

I followed the procedure below and all is good now for me too. BTW I have a Nokia N73.

[PROBLEM:

2) Microphone (for Bluetooth) reception not that great. I have to speak very loudly, facing the centre light console for the other party to hear me clearly. Other party often says that I "break up". That sucks, this should be a safety feature, having to lean and face a certain way when speaking is unacceptable. I'll see if there are any settings in the System Setup of the Nav system to increase microphone reception level. If, not will report at next service. My friend has a new BMW 5-series, his built-in bluetooth is just as problematic... B)

FIX?

You need to enter your Nav system's setup/config mode. You do this as follows:

1. Turn ignition ON (engine can be running)

2. Hold down INFO button and while holding down repeat step 3 below three times.

3. Turn parking lamps ON and back OFF.

Your nav system should now be in the setup mode. To exit, hold down the DISPLAY botton for a few seconds.

4. Select MENU (top right on touch screen)

5. Select BLUETOOTH TEL CHECK (bottom on touch screen)

6. Select HANDSFREE VOICE QUALITY SET

7. Change SEND VOICE LEVEL from "0" to higher. I set mine at 5 which I think is max.

8. Press the SET button/icon on the touch screen to confirm your new setting.

9. Exit setup mode by holding down DISPLAY button on the console for a few seconds.

The above change has made a big difference to my car's handsfree coms. I've done back-to-back tests to same ph. number and same person to compare the difference. With settting of "0" it was poor. Setting of "5" was reported as very good. Although an improvement, jury's still out on whether it's 100% good, I've only just done this and need to make a few more calls before I can totally cross off this problem. If it persists, I might try fiddling with the VOICE QUALITY TYPE setting as well (just below the SEND VOICE LEVEL setting), but to me that wasn't as intuitive so it might be a trial'n'error approach.

I must award credit here to member "Aurion ZR6" who provided me with the reference info on how to enter the Sat Nav's system menu. Refer to thread Presara GPS Unit Mods / Options ??? for more info and external link to reference material used (complete with pictures). ]

Yep, that was my post buried in another thread. Still works, still very happy with it. Use it for more than 1 hour each day, never any problems. Just need to get a car charger for my phone now...

• 2 years later...
Hi all,

I thought I'd ask if anyone is annoyed or troubled by their integrated bluetooth system. I have a Presara. I found that I had to speak very loudly and directly towards the microphone which is located in the front centre light console. The user manual didn't offer any assistance. I was so disappointed as I spend a lot of time on the phone (mostly work) and people were complaining that they couldn't hear me and the call quality was crap. It was basically unusable in my experience.

I managed to fix this problem myself by navigating into the config screens of the Sat Nav unit and increasing the Microphone gain (I think it was called "Transmit Sound Level") from 0dB to +5dB. Now it's perfect, what a difference! If anyone wants more detailed (step-by-step) instructions on how to do this, let me know and I'll post. The instructions would work for the Presara or for any other models which have the pricy integrated Sat Nav unit. Not sure if they'd work for the "black" cheaper Sat Nav unit, but you could always try.

I'm so happy with the unit now, can even drive with the sunroof open while talking on the phone and it all works so well (no noise from the air flow, no more complaints from the other parties).

/R

http:// :toast: :toast:

Have a 2009 AT-X with 6 stacker and have the same problem, good reception but atrocious transmission. Contacted dealer who wantys to check software on phone, and see if the "gain"can be adjusted, if these do not fix problem they will order a new head unit which can take up to three months to arrive.

Toyota have known about the problem for some time, it would be nice for them to cxontact owners and inform them.

Attached is a page from a manual with regards to the "Handsfree Quality"

And it says not to change the "Voice Quality Type"

That pdf attachment, is that an extract from the vehicles manual or is it the dealer repair document ???

I've just seen that text format type in our Echo's dealer repair books and was wondering :rolleyes:

Steve

That pdf attachment, is that an extract from the vehicles manual or is it the dealer repair document ???

I've just seen that text format type in our Echo's dealer repair books and was wondering :rolleyes:

Steve

Yes i believe it is the latter.

Steve

Yes i believe it is the latter.

It took me a month of Sundays to get hold of a genuine repair manual for our Echo and now that we've just purchased our Aurion, I would love to know just where it is that I can get my hands on a set of genuine repair books for the Aurion. Where did you pick yours up from if you don't mind me asking ???

Steve

It took me a month of Sundays to get hold of a genuine repair manual for our Echo and now that we've just purchased our Aurion, I would love to know just where it is that I can get my hands on a set of genuine repair books for the Aurion. Where did you pick yours up from if you don't mind me asking ???

Steve

That was a page from the internet somewhere.

But i think you can find the whole lot here

Also as i recall there is a page somewhere in this forum about the repair manuals.

Edited by u54mot

• 10 months later...

Had the same problem myself but its all in the system settings.

I followed the procedure below and all is good now for me too. BTW I have a Nokia N73.

[PROBLEM:

2) Microphone (for Bluetooth) reception not that great. I have to speak very loudly, facing the centre light console for the other party to hear me clearly. Other party often says that I "break up". That sucks, this should be a safety feature, having to lean and face a certain way when speaking is unacceptable. I'll see if there are any settings in the System Setup of the Nav system to increase microphone reception level. If, not will report at next service. My friend has a new BMW 5-series, his built-in bluetooth is just as problematic... B)

FIX?

You need to enter your Nav system's setup/config mode. You do this as follows:

1. Turn ignition ON (engine can be running)

2. Hold down INFO button and while holding down repeat step 3 below three times.

3. Turn parking lamps ON and back OFF.

Your nav system should now be in the setup mode. To exit, hold down the DISPLAY botton for a few seconds.

4. Select MENU (top right on touch screen)

5. Select BLUETOOTH TEL CHECK (bottom on touch screen)

6. Select HANDSFREE VOICE QUALITY SET

7. Change SEND VOICE LEVEL from "0" to higher. I set mine at 5 which I think is max.

8. Press the SET button/icon on the touch screen to confirm your new setting.

9. Exit setup mode by holding down DISPLAY button on the console for a few seconds.

The above change has made a big difference to my car's handsfree coms. I've done back-to-back tests to same ph. number and same person to compare the difference. With settting of "0" it was poor. Setting of "5" was reported as very good. Although an improvement, jury's still out on whether it's 100% good, I've only just done this and need to make a few more calls before I can totally cross off this problem. If it persists, I might try fiddling with the VOICE QUALITY TYPE setting as well (just below the SEND VOICE LEVEL setting), but to me that wasn't as intuitive so it might be a trial'n'error approach.

I must award credit here to member "Aurion ZR6" who provided me with the reference info on how to enter the Sat Nav's system menu. Refer to thread Presara GPS Unit Mods / Options ??? for more info and external link to reference material used (complete with pictures). ]

Thanks JonBays,

Worked like a charm, no longer shouting at the windscreen!!