New corolla owner from Perth

umm is it still too late to say welcome? just realised we need more TOCAU stickers stat! its always good to find another toyota lover in perth..

man the new corolla engine bay is SOOO tight u'd find it hard trying to look for the "engine oil stick" alone lol, i tried to install HID for a friend, no doubt it was slightly easier then jeremy's :P cause the bits and pieces comes off and goes back on quite easily but bits that are in my way got me a lot of "battle" scars

and as for the growing perth toyota community i think we should have a database of everyone with thier preferred contact (mobile being the best) so we can message everyone when we have any meets so we dont miss people out :)

wht do u guys think?

man the new corolla engine bay is SOOO tight u'd find it hard trying to look for the "engine oil stick" alone lol, i tried to install HID for a friend, no doubt it was slightly easier then jeremy's :P cause the bits and pieces comes off and goes back on quite easily but bits that are in my way got me a lot of "battle" scars

and as for the growing perth toyota community i think we should have a database of everyone with thier preferred contact (mobile being the best) so we can message everyone when we have any meets so we dont miss people out :)

wht do u guys think?

Good suggestion :D i like

hehehe.. :P tqs ken for helpin me out with hids..

Haha okay Jeremy I can ask for you :)

As for the engine bay being tight...yes it is...and no its not?

The top bit where you see all the plastic covers you can actually take off (i.e. the black cover in front of the fan), which is quite a large area. Although for a 1.8litre car, I have to admit it is quite a large block (all the technology these days :) ).

I used to own a 95 Camry Vienta Touring Series V6, THAT was tight. My family mechanic had huge arms and he had trouble reaching around for things :D

Speaking of which, does anyone here know how to install HID headlights? Anyone wanna help? I have no idea... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Jase

*bump*

Is there anyone in Perth who is willing to lend a helping hand to a poor Curtin Univeristy Student install HID headlamps or give advice or any cheap alternatives to make my headlights look cool white/blue? It's all a learning process...It's the 2ZR Corolla, so I'm not sure if they already come with HID compatible lamps.

I don't live far :D

(depending on where you're located) ^.^

Cheers,

Jase

Alot of the guys on here seem to swear by the Phillips Crystal Vision, ebay or "Auto Boutique or from A-Spec in Carillion city" is the way to go to get them. Proper HID lights on a car that doesn't have all the right headlight projector lenses etc is defect worthy. So just go with the replacement bulbs, easier and they look the sex too.

Search got me this:

Lights

MTEC <- This one has pictures too :)

Personally if/when I get new bulbs they will more then likely be MTEC, although be careful about getting a higher wattage then your stock headlights draw, i read somewhere that they can cause some damage? Not sure on that, but just to be safe.

Edited by Seano

Alot of the guys on here seem to swear by the Phillips Crystal Vision, ebay or "Auto Boutique or from A-Spec in Carillion city" is the way to go to get them. Proper HID lights on a car that doesn't have all the right headlight projector lenses etc is defect worthy. So just go with the replacement bulbs, easier and they look the sex too.

The hatch has projectors with level adjusting... im not sure about the sedan though. If it does then you can get HID's, but in the end it is how much you are willing to spend on lights.

I know I have level adjusting located on the dash knee height near the door. I'm not sure about projector lights tho, does anyone own a sedan who knows? Or is willing to take a look for me?

:D

I don't really mind how much I spend, as long as it looks good kekekekeke

Cheers,

Jase

Cheers,

Jase

I will eventually get HIDs but im not in a rush at all. Im only halfway through my audio install so its keeping me busy... Once the audio is complete then I will start saving for my HIDs.

Hi MissLevin,

I got it done by one of my co-worker's good friend who worked at Brian Wallis Autotainment in Vic Park. He only does exhaust to general customers, but because it was a friend of a friend he was willing to do my springs as well.

Maybe you can go ask them if they still do it?

Thanks,

Jase

Would be sweeet if u can hook the few of us up for $350

oo oo oooo agreed!!!!!!! :whistling:

I know I have level adjusting located on the dash knee height near the door. I'm not sure about projector lights tho, does anyone own a sedan who knows? Or is willing to take a look for me?

:D

Cheers,

Jase

Hey jase

I'll give a look if you want on sat :lol:

I've got Mtec 4,750K Cosmos Blue White in the camry which i reckn you might like

If you want i could take a pic or 2 of the headlights

Edited by HaiiSon

Hi there everyone!

I just phoned Glen who did my car and he said unfortunately he's not willing to do it for $350 as he doesn't get much for it. He did it for me cos I am friends with one of his best friends. Oh thank lord for mate's mate! :clap:

If you want I can ask him what price he's willing to do it for those who are interested?

Ok, well I'll most probably come on Saturday just to meet up with you guys. I'll see what ideas I can get!!

Since I work full time money tends to get saved up really quickly... :spiteful:

Regards,

Jase

Hi there everyone!

I just phoned Glen who did my car and he said unfortunately he's not willing to do it for $350 as he doesn't get much for it. He did it for me cos I am friends with one of his best friends. Oh thank lord for mate's mate! :clap:

If you want I can ask him what price he's willing to do it for those who are interested?

Ok, well I'll most probably come on Saturday just to meet up with you guys. I'll see what ideas I can get!!

Since I work full time money tends to get saved up really quickly... :spiteful:

Regards,

Jase

Glen from OzFit Mufflers & Brakes?

Edited by HaiiSon

Yep!

They merged and it's now called Brian Wallis Autotainment I believe?

My friend Audy who I worked with early last year introduced me there, cos everywhere I went looking for a cat back got quoted along the lines of 1k - 3k.

Regards,

Jase

and1 got his exhaust fitted for $65(Aspec customer discount) today by Glen :lol:

Edited by HaiiSon

*bump*

Is there anyone in Perth who is willing to lend a helping hand to a poor Curtin Univeristy Student install HID headlamps or give advice or any cheap alternatives to make my headlights look cool white/blue? It's all a learning process...It's the 2ZR Corolla, so I'm not sure if they already come with HID compatible lamps.

I don't live far :D

(depending on where you're located) ^.^

Cheers,

Jase

go MTEC i have to agree with SEANO, i had a set of MTEC 4350k and they were good enough and looked nice :) anything higher would hv melted the end terminal (i heard) u can get them posted for around 40 bucks on ebay (maybe cheaper now) but yeh, they've lasted me for almost a year and now they are on angelo's car so ask him if he is happy ;)

Thanks guys.

I found some HID conversion kits on ebay for like $40. I'm guessing they're dodgy? I think I'll probably go with what Seano said and just use MTEC super white replacement bulbs

I literally wanna change all the lights (Low Beam/High Beam/Foggies/Interior) into white lights. Does anyone know all the bulb/light sizes for the ZRE152R?

Second question. I'm thinking about changing the speakers in the car. The speakers don't quite match up with the bass my Sub is pushing out... Does anybody have any suggestions? Money is not really a problem as long as it's reasonably priced (i.e. nothing like $500 for a pair of speakers). I had a set of Pioneers 6x9 at the back and 6" at the front in my old Camry which sounded reasonably good. What do you guys of the Pioneer? Or should I go with Alpine Type R's?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Regards,

Jase

Edited by Jaaassseeee