About to buy an SX6

Danos

Hey guys,

I just joined the forum and m about to buy myself a second hand (low mileage) Aurion Sportivo SX6. I've driven it once before and really liked what I found. Plenty of grunt but also quite refined and stylish. Drove a new SV6 commy the other day and it felt rought and lumpy and in comparison to the SX6, felt like driving a ute. Also there were noticable squeeks and rattles in the near new test drive car.

Just been reading throught the forum quickly to see if I can pick up some info on the Aurion, like things to look out for etc. If anyone wants to reply with things that are common 'faults' with the Aurion that I might be able to get fixed during the deal with the sale please list them here.

Looking forward to discussing Toyota & Aurion stuff with you all, are many people here from Sydney ? My previous rides or current ride is a Mazda 3 and before that a SSS Pulsar which were mildly modded.

Edited by Danos

Hey guys,

I just joined the forum and m about to buy myself a second hand (low mileage) Aurion Sportivo SX6. I've driven it once before and really liked what I found. Plenty of grunt but also quite refined and stylish. Drove a new SV6 commy the other day and it felt rought and lumpy and in comparison to the SX6, felt like driving a ute. Also there were noticable squeeks and rattles in the near new test drive car.

Just been reading throught the forum quickly to see if I can pick up some info on the Aurion, like things to look out for etc. If anyone wants to reply with things that are common 'faults' with the Aurion that I might be able to get fixed during the deal with the sale please list them here.

Looking forward to discussing Toyota & Aurion stuff with you all, are many people here from Sydney ? My previous rides or current ride is a Mazda 3 and before that a SSS Pulsar which were mildly modded.

Yeah, first off don't rush into it. The price of these things keep coming down. The special edition (touring model i think) has most of the same stuff. Make sure you get it at a good price. I'd have to say the worst thing would be the factory tyres. They're crap. The TC and VSC and ABS have a really hard time with them. I've found quite a few people on this site have already put better tyre/mag combos on their Aurions. Something i would do but i'd rather put the money on the loan for the car.

Aside from that, they're great. I'd probably recommend the ZR6 instead if you can make the leap up a model. I obviously couldn't... Still happy with the car tho...

Edited by Stealth

Well . . . just for the record I bought the SX6 with 20,000kms for $29,000 and managed to talk up my trade-in and do a great deal.

It's pretty stock only it has window tinting (mild) and reverse sensors.

See you all out on the road sometime.