Sportivo Parts

dayve

Hi guys/girls

Ive read the post: pacific toyota on part numbers but still a bit lost.

Im in search of the part numbers for a FACELIFT Sportivo (Front Lip and Side skirts). The pacific toyota one didnt specify whether it was levin or sportivo body parts - as i think they are levin parts or facelift.

Today i went into toyota with the intention of buying on the spot and parts dept guy loaded up a screen with skirts n lip..but he wasnt sure if they were a) facelift B) for a sportivo as they only gave a number and name i.e corolla skirts.

He would order for me as long as i knew the specific parts number as Iam going to buy them early next week :D

So yes..could someone please tell me the part number for

FACELIFT:

1) Front Skirt

2) Side skirts

Many thanks..im soo close..just need numbers :S

Dayve

what about side skirts scrolla? sportivo ones..i think the skirts are universal and dont need facelift or prefacelift?

hey buddy they are all the same.. i want to get the levin skirts so maybe we can buy altogether :D

what about side skirts scrolla? sportivo ones..i think the skirts are universal and dont need facelift or prefacelift?

hey buddy they are all the same.. i want to get the levin skirts so maybe we can buy altogether :D

lol GB!!

Great thanks for that KT668!!

Now all i need is the SPORTIVO Side Skirts part Number and im there.

I didnt have any luck with searches nor the parts number list on the forums

anyone to help a brother out :P

This may not help you if you don't have a Sportivo, but can't they just search for part numbers under your VIN number? Or are they still getting a selection of body kits?

No since my car isnt a sportivo..its a corolla ascent..he used my VIN number - came up with basic skirts, lip etc. But the skirts are just plain levin ones and the sportivo ones do not appear.

He told me to browse the internet for them. so yeah..if anyone can help out would be great.

If one of the other Perth members who has a Sportivo goes in with you that'll (obviously) help you out. Just VIN numbers aren't one of those things you give out on the interweb.

I'll be popping down to Toyota tomorrow for new skirts, I could find out the part number then...

if you remember or have time..that would be great SUPERDAVE :D

it would be very much appreciated if you find out the part number for Sportivo Side skirts while your down there..if not ill find some other way

Thanks!

Yeh one thing i noticed during my countless amount of times going into toyota and making an enquiry about the front skirt for facelift, is that:

1/ when i say "sportivo" front skirt, they end up with the "sportivo" accessory front skirt for the 03 corolla's.

2/ when i finally asked for the 06+ levin front skirt, they were still a bit blank.

3/ on my final try i brang in a picture of a 05 corolla sportivo, and told them it's now on the 06+ levin's, they found it! haha! :yahoo:

one parts dept guy even said "corolla sportivo's have a front skirt?" :blink::rolleyes:

The parts fella at Toyota tells me these are the part number for the pre-facelift Sportivo kit (comes unpainted);

Side skirt: 08150-12900 (sold in pairs)

Front spoiler: 08150-12830

Edited by SuperDave

The parts fella at Toyota tells me these are the part number for the pre-facelift Sportivo kit (comes unpainted);

Cheers for that superdave

hrmm it seems the side skirt " Side skirt: 08150-12900 (sold in pairs)"

is the same as this website http://www.pacifictoyota.com.au/p_acc_coro...122_current.htm

Im probably going to go the dealers and order the side skirt..and just HOPE its the sportivo one lol.

If anyone can confirm that would be great.. Top effort Superdave

I really have to ask this, shoot me down in flames if you want, but why the hell does one need to quote the VIN number - when all you are looking for is the name of an individual part??

I have been down this road before... I ring up looking for prices etc. I'm, pretty much, told that they won't help me unless i give them my VIN. I oblige. He then says that the part I want won't fit because it's not listed under the details for that VIN.

BOLLOCKS! If I wanna purchase some skirts (be it for me, or someone else), why is it so hard for them to say "Hey, thats the model/part name and number... this is how much they will cost you..." :angry: Don't they want my custom??

I really have to ask this, shoot me down in flames if you want, but why the hell does one need to quote the VIN number - when all you are looking for is the name of an individual part??

I have been down this road before... I ring up looking for prices etc. I'm, pretty much, told that they won't help me unless i give them my VIN. I oblige. He then says that the part I want won't fit because it's not listed under the details for that VIN.

BOLLOCKS! If I wanna purchase some skirts (be it for me, or someone else), why is it so hard for them to say "Hey, thats the model/part name and number... this is how much they will cost you..." :angry: Don't they want my custom??

Leroy, there is very very good reason for the quoting of VIN numbers.

Think of cars that are stolen blah blah blah, u need parts u just ring toyota and the give them to u?? No way. Quoting of the VIN is a good way to catch cars that are write offs / stolen etc.

haha, I'd already thought of that.

I would certainly provide the VIN for the car when i go and actually buy some, but when I'm asking for a price?? What has whatever car I happen to be driving at the time got to do with the price of the goods?

(summarised phonecall)

ME - "hi I was wondering how much some sportivo skirts are for an 03 corolla hatch..."

Them - "Whats your VIN number..."

ME - "um... i dont know off hand..."

Them - "well it would be stupid for me to tell you the price, when it might not even fit your car... So you're going to have to ring back with your VIN before I can help you"

(We exchange false pleasantries and hang up)

Riiiggght... providing the RRP on those goods really justified logging the callers details... <_<

Edited by Leroy

is the same as this website http://www.pacifictoyota.com.au/p_acc_coro...122_current.htm

Im probably going to go the dealers and order the side skirt..and just HOPE its the sportivo one lol.

and for anyone interested the levin skirts part no. is..

08150-12804 :D

cheers angelo..at least now i can see the the part number is definately not levin side skirts :D so the distinction is made haha

so do you guys think..if i have a sportivo VIN number..it will be easier..they will just type in and go yup..1x side skirts and 1 xlip

cool guys..ill keep u updated on the developments..this may yet turn into dayve's bodykit blog lol

cheers angelo..at least now i can see the the part number is definately not levin side skirts :D so the distinction is made haha

so do you guys think..if i have a sportivo VIN number..it will be easier..they will just type in and go yup..1x side skirts and 1 xlip

cool guys..ill keep u updated on the developments..this may yet turn into dayve's bodykit blog lol

you give them your vin number so they can identify your car pretty much.. then you can get what ever sideskirts or lip you like.. sportivo/levin etc..

the last time i went the guy there didnt have a clue wat he was doing.. he just showed me a book with the genuine assesories for hatch/sedan and the sideskirts were the same as the sportivo.. but i specifically asked for the levin ones?? me and him should have swapped positions because i knew more about his job than he did and he had a computer infront of him... **taking a breath**