Sex up those indicators

Ok so I know a few of us have those eBay JDM style rear tailights. I just got some different "invisible" indicator bulbs and they look so good I thought i'd share them to the world. You can get these globes at Super Cheap Auto, just ask for invisible indicator globes (PLU NO. 120246). They flash amber, and I even think that the amber glow looks better. Cost about $15.00 :)

I just polished my car so you'll see me looking like a tw@t taking the after photo :rolleyes:

Also how is tw@t a swear word?

EDIT: Got the wrong price, my bad!

Before:

post-3998-1204515034_thumb.jpg

After:

post-3998-1204515022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seano

Uber.

For only 8 bucks a go this is pretty good.

My way of doing it was going to be using some left over silver spray paint on the standard bulbs. It takes away the orange, but they still flash amber (I was going to do this on the headlights though).

Uber.

For only 8 bucks a go this is pretty good.

My way of doing it was going to be using some left over silver spray paint on the standard bulbs. It takes away the orange, but they still flash amber (I was going to do this on the headlights though).

Yeah I'm not going to bother with the headlights, I'll have to take out alot stuff (like battery) to get to the left indicator; to hard :P

Hey seano,

how much where the light units and where did you get them. great mod for $8.

I got the globes from Super Cheap Auto and I tell a lie, I just checked my bank account the globs cost me around $15. The price I saw must of been something else - sorry guys!

Hey seano,

how much where the light units and where did you get them. great mod for $8.

I got the globes from Super Cheap Auto and I tell a lie, I just checked my bank account the globs cost me around $15. The price I saw must of been something else - sorry guys!

All good dude. I'll be heading out there today to grab these and some tint spray (muahahaha)

Ok I went a bit overboard...

The light still comes through fine.

I'll be seeing tonight though whether or not I've crucified my tail lights hahahaha (I have stockies)

Haha oh dear, you need more self control! How many coats did you use?

3 coats. The prick of a thing is, is that it dries darker.

I've remedied this anyway by neatly stripping back the tint on the brake light section with a bit of metho and patience.

Light comes through even better. Indicators are fine. Reverse is fine.

If you're ever going this dark, you need led lights. Just like Sunny.

PS: Meh... for $5 a can what can you expect really? lol (metho strips it right back anyway, so the lights aren't lost).

Edited by bADbOYz

lol haha mate you mind posting up some pics of it at night ?

No problemo.

I'm actually very very sure that it'll be ok.

If it isn't... I have a lot of metho rubbing to do tomorrow. That stuff makes me feel crook too... :(

Edited by bADbOYz

I've remedied this anyway by neatly stripping back the tint on the brake light section with a bit of metho and patience.

PS: Meh... for $5 a can what can you expect really? lol (metho strips it right back anyway, so the lights aren't lost).

Ah cool, I will remeber this when I inevitably get bored one day and tint my tail lights - might even do it today :spiteful:

Ah cool, I will remeber this when I inevitably get bored one day and tint my tail lights - might even do it today :spiteful:

Buy clear coat. A good brand as well, to go over the top of it.

Use a maximum of 1 to 2 coats dude. (The brand was the VHT supercheap brand)

If you do what I did, then you'll be rubbing it back. I just did it then because the finish turned to crap without a decent clear coat.

I now have headspins and feel nauseas. ****ing thinners (and I was outside).

But hey, someone had to jump in the dead end :)

yeh i wanted to do my taillights in black maybe not as dark as that but last car i did it to i used niteshades paint and it went dull i wanted to get a glossy finish on it this time so the clearcoat is the trick to getting it glossy eh?

might try that a bit later once i get some cash

yeh i wanted to do my taillights in black maybe not as dark as that but last car i did it to i used niteshades paint and it went dull i wanted to get a glossy finish on it this time so the clearcoat is the trick to getting it glossy eh?

I'm sure I used the same crap actually. Meh, I'm just steering clear now. It made my drink bottle tint nice though >.>

I could go back to my standard tail lights soon to be honest.

If you do what I did, then you'll be rubbing it back. I just did it then because the finish turned to crap without a decent clear coat.

I'm glad you did, i'll try and do this next weekend and put up pics. Since my car is black I just want the tailights to be dark enough to kinda match up to the paint. I'll go one coat put it on and if it's **** I can rub it back/use more. And yea as you said you can always go back to stock if you anal it

I'm glad you did, i'll try and do this next weekend and put up pics. Since my car is black I just want the tailights to be dark enough to kinda match up to the paint. I'll go one coat put it on and if it's **** I can rub it back/use more. And yea as you said you can always go back to stock if you anal it

i tried to tint my stock head lights using the night shade spray but i did it too dark also.. maybe you should spray very light coats but make it darker around the edges where there is no light??

i tried to tint my stock head lights using the night shade spray but i did it too dark also.. maybe you should spray very light coats but make it darker around the edges where there is no light??

It's ok I'll use a light touch, and then write a how-to guide on it :)

I'm sure I used the same crap actually. Meh, I'm just steering clear now. It made my drink bottle tint nice though >.>

I could go back to my standard tail lights soon to be honest.

as far as i know niteshades is the only product i could think that was used to tint lights i asked a mate who does window tinting how it was done he rekons using part black paint and part clear coat comes up glossy off the gun

Ok so I tinted my tail lights today, the first one I did was O-K with one coat, little bit of running, second one was **** so I had to rub it back and try again. Again it wasn't to good, it sorta has that running look. I was thinking maybe I should spary some clear coat onto the tail light first then apply the Nightshade to try and get it to set nice and even. Any tips?

Edit: And yes I spray slowly at a good distance, and didn't start or finish spraying on the tail lights.

Edited by Seano