Kluger 2008 Bullbar

Leeder

I do a lot of country night driving and unfortunately, as careful as one can be, there is the occassional wild life road kill. Putting aside the personal risk/danger. the damage to the vehilce can be substantial. The nudge bar is just that, a nudge bar designed for urban driving and will not protect the occupants and/or the car but a bullbar such as the one on the attached picture may well do the job (I am not into offroad 4WD purely highways and country roads)

Any comments/views on pros and cons would be appreciated

post-7173-1204589339_thumb.jpg

Airbags?

I do a lot of country night driving and unfortunately, as careful as one can be, there is the occassional wild life road kill. Putting aside the personal risk/danger. the damage to the vehilce can be substantial. The nudge bar is just that, a nudge bar designed for urban driving and will not protect the occupants and/or the car but a bullbar such as the one on the attached picture may well do the job (I am not into offroad 4WD purely highways and country roads)

Valid comment. The manufactures claims the bull bar is airbag compatible and the front parking sensors can be repositioned/fitted on the bull bar. Here is another image

post-7173-1204604824_thumb.jpg

THere was a thread going in a Prado forum.. something about the chassis having problems after a while with certain bull bars. It might be worth checking that the Kluger can take the bull bar without any problems.

I found it hard to believe, but a number of Prado owners were getting holes and rust in their chassis.

That is one big macho bullbar. I am sure my wife would not like that. It will serve ur function pretty well though Leeder

Taka, likewise, my wife is not very keen on the 'macho' bullbar and I yet have to decide which way to go, nudge or bull bar. The bull bar is also very good at protecting the bumper bar from stone chips etc ... I am leaning towards the Toyota nudge bar but I would like to hear from Kluger owners that have a bull bar fitted.

I dunno about that one, it looks a little too chunky to me to suite the kluger. Seems like something more suited to a landcruiser or prado.

But if you need it to do a job then you may have to live with the looks.

Unfortunately I havnt seen any klugers with bull bars on them yet, so I cant compare it to anything else.

I dunno about that one, it looks a little too chunky to me to suite the kluger. Seems like something more suited to a landcruiser or prado.

Unfortunately I havnt seen any klugers with bull bars on them yet, so I cant compare it to anything else.

Thank you all for your comments and thoughts, it helped a lot. I agree the bull bar is somewhat heavy and chunky looking and in the end, I have decided in favour of the Toyota nudge bar. Hopefully will not regret my decision.

Thank you all for your comments and thoughts, it helped a lot. I agree the bull bar is somewhat heavy and chunky looking and in the end, I have decided in favour of the Toyota nudge bar. Hopefully will not regret my decision.

You made the correct decision Leeder, you want your new Kluger to stand out for the right reasons, I do some country driving as well and have hit roos in the two last cars they like jumping into the side of my rides, may be they dont want to walk or hope any more.

I did not like the nudge bar at first (it came on the car as a demo) but now the others look strange with the standard broad face bumper look with out.

You made the correct decision Leeder, you want your new Kluger to stand out for the right reasons, I do some country driving as well and have hit roos in the two last cars they like jumping into the side of my rides, may be they dont want to walk or hope any more.

I did not like the nudge bar at first (it came on the car as a demo) but now the others look strange with the standard broad face bumper look with out.

Thank you PC Xt, appreciate your comments. 90% of my travels are country and half of it is at night. My old car was 1991 Nissan Patrol with solid bull bar ( I would prefer to call it "roo bar") and I did hit more than once (unfortunately) some big 'roos and if it had not been for the roo bar, things would have been really bad.

Thank you PC Xt, appreciate your comments. 90% of my travels are country and half of it is at night. My old car was 1991 Nissan Patrol with solid bull bar ( I would prefer to call it "roo bar") and I did hit more than once (unfortunately) some big 'roos and if it had not been for the roo bar, things would have been really bad.

I know its probably a bit late, but have you looked at bars from other manufacturers that might be a little more streamline, or have you considered getting one custom made.

Regardless...,from your last comments, as much as I hate to say it, if youve hit roos before chances are youll hit them again, and when it comes to safety who gives a hoot what something looks like if its going to do the job you need it to do. Im not sure how much the nudge bar will help hitting a large roo at 100km/h, besides it doesnt have the coverage area a full size bar has so theres more chance of hitting an unprotected area. Also doing a lot of country driving at night Id say youre going to need some decent spotties that need solid mounting.

I know its probably a bit late, but have you looked at bars from other manufacturers that might be a little more streamline, or have you considered getting one custom made.

Regardless...,from your last comments, as much as I hate to say it, if youve hit roos before chances are youll hit them again, and when it comes to safety who gives a hoot what something looks like if its going to do the job you need it to do. Im not sure how much the nudge bar will help hitting a large roo at 100km/h, besides it doesnt have the coverage area a full size bar has so theres more chance of hitting an unprotected area. Also doing a lot of country driving at night Id say youre going to need some decent spotties that need solid mounting.

Thank you for your comments MrBishi. It is going to tne the nudge bar (a lot thought went into this as well as a a bit of compromise as to what my wife thinks etc .. ). Will take your advise though and have good spotties fitted

Oh my g..

No offence intended

Edited by boleh