TRD BodyKit & Other Modifs

VF-X

Yea, I know this topic has been circulating since the TRD Aurion came out.

As I've said in a forum (forgot which 1), I'm the only 1 who got a 'Yes' from a Toyota dealer to buy a TRD BodyKit while not havin 1. I regret not buyin it though as i had not asked my dad yet at the time.

I'm just wonderin.. If many people...Well, in fact most people want to make their Body kit looks like a TRD one, why not just customize 1? I also wish I can get the original 1.. But if it's not possible... I'm thinkin of customizing 1.

Any Ideas guys?

O yea, I also want to ask u guys of any ideas to make ur car look better?

This is what I've been thinking and plannin to change

- Body Kits

- Lights [Xenon]

- 'V6' Emblem and take off the Zr6, Sx6 whatever it is

- Lower it

- Wheels

Just some Pics of Sick people in my country who modif their Aurion. They call it Camry is Asia btw...dunno why.. :unsure:

Average for them is 21 - 22" for their wheels...But they look fkin sick, yet hard to drive..=P

Fyi: This is not Lexus...He just changed the emblem and add some..

Some Inputs will be much appreciated..

Thx

post-7404-1204850884_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1204850891_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1204850903_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1204850910_thumb.jpg

i think those are lip kit, not "body kit".

wanna know wat looks better on your car? U hv to know, different people tends to have different taste, for example, i HATE chrome, but some loves it?

any rim size tat goes over the original size by 3+ will definately be much harder to drive(steering)

depending on where your location is, i know a very good bodykit guy, who makes quite a few kits for this forum.

Get your custom made lip kit, and buy tat copyright! then u will be the only guy with te bodykit on~

i think those are lip kit, not "body kit".

wanna know wat looks better on your car? U hv to know, different people tends to have different taste, for example, i HATE chrome, but some loves it?

any rim size tat goes over the original size by 3+ will definately be much harder to drive(steering)

depending on where your location is, i know a very good bodykit guy, who makes quite a few kits for this forum.

Get your custom made lip kit, and buy tat copyright! then u will be the only guy with te bodykit on~

LipKit? Haha..Dunno if we have those terms.. Anw..Thx for it

Hate Chrome as well...My rim is black Dove..Gonna love it..xD

You have estimation for this custom 'Lip Kit'? Might as well i ask the estimation for Body Kit just in case..

There are also other pics but I uploaded only that as it's the only 1 that looks quite different from the original.

Its a bit low, but other than the grille I quite liked it. Love the back of it, has a presitige feel to it.

Yea It's very low...But it's only during the photo-shoot.

It has Air-Runner installed into it. Sorry beforehand for not havin the Info about it..

Edited by VF-X

U hv to know, different people tends to have different taste, for example, i HATE chrome, but some loves it?

Hey on an Aurion, chrome is just what it needs, but I don't like it when people put heavy chrome wheels on a WRX... its like slapping the engineer who designed the race bred car across the face. It's all about power to weight ratio and not bling factor.

This is one sexy Aurion/Camry though... in my books, those wheels are so sweet, might be harder to drive but well worth it.

It is nice, but the best thing is that it means soon there will be more parts for Aurions. Which is good if we can get them shipped from Asia for cheap. Just need more Camrys over there to be modded to create the demand.

Looks good but the front lip makes the car fat not Phat lol! just my opinion tho.

But.... Dont really want to burst your bubble, but are you living in Aus?

If so... Do you realise it would be on the unroadworthy status if you made the car like that, especially here in Victoria. going to teh 21-22 inch size means how low profile are your tyres going to be and easily become cop bait. And remember u will need to be able to clear 100mm off the ground

But in terms of the TRD bodykit, go for it if you have access, but only if the price is right, otherwise going custom would be a fresher look, but make sure the material by the customiser is good, otherwise a slight nudge and *snap*

Also Asian countries are usually not regulated, I have a mate in Indonesia with a Peugeot 206 and its on full RACE gear,looks almost identical to a WRC one, loud as fck and beastly as anything, cops dont give a damn lol! luv it.

True, my cousins in malaysia average about 190km/h in his dad's merc when he goes on road trips. The cops caught him twice but he paid them like 50 bucks each time and they let him go.

Edited by marc2020

U hv to know, different people tends to have different taste, for example, i HATE chrome, but some loves it?

Hey on an Aurion, chrome is just what it needs, but I don't like it when people put heavy chrome wheels on a WRX... its like slapping the engineer who designed the race bred car across the face. It's all about power to weight ratio and not bling factor.

This is one sexy Aurion/Camry though... in my books, those wheels are so sweet, might be harder to drive but well worth it.

If u like Chrome, U can just order it in Indonesia...

It has become cheap..Since it's not the trend anymore..

If u want..I can intro u to some1 i know...Trustful.

It is nice, but the best thing is that it means soon there will be more parts for Aurions. Which is good if we can get them shipped from Asia for cheap. Just need more Camrys over there to be modded to create the demand.

Most of them went customizing things...Especially Body parts. There are lots of parts already...U just need to know the best place to look for them.. In Asia...I reckon Japan and Indonesia are the right places..Besides..Shipping isnt that expensive anemore. Like

whats the deal with the first photo, there's a Lexus badge on the a$$ end of that thing?????????????

Yep... Lots of people say that Camry's model is very similar to Lexus.. So they changed the emblem to Lexus... =P

Looks good but the front lip makes the car fat not Phat lol! just my opinion tho.

If so... Do you realise it would be on the unroadworthy status if you made the car like that, especially here in Victoria. going to teh 21-22 inch size means how low profile are your tyres going to be and easily become cop bait. And remember u will need to be able to clear 100mm off the ground

But in terms of the TRD bodykit, go for it if you have access, but only if the price is right, otherwise going custom would be a fresher look, but make sure the material by the customiser is good, otherwise a slight nudge and *snap*

Also Asian countries are usually not regulated, I have a mate in Indonesia with a Peugeot 206 and its on full RACE gear,looks almost identical to a WRC one, loud as fck and beastly as anything, cops dont give a damn lol! luv it.

That's ok man.. Yea..I do live in Aus, Sydney studyin in one of the Unis. I seriously want a TRD Body Kit..Ill try askin my Salesman again..Wonderin if he would help me out with this TRD kit.. :whistling:

Haha...In Indo, there's no such thing as "Defect" as such, including speed limit.. On the highway, You can just drive as fast as you want..lol.. Pretty Reckless and irresponsible aye?

It's not Usual for Asian countries...It's only for some Asian Countries.. haha..Try it in Singapore...U'd be dead.. =P

True, my cousins in malaysia average about 190km/h in his dad's merc when he goes on road trips. The cops caught him twice but he paid them like 50 bucks each time and they let him go.

So True...LoL

Most of them went customizing things...Especially Body parts. There are lots of parts already...U just need to know the best place to look for them.. In Asia...I reckon Japan and Indonesia are the right places..Besides..Shipping isnt that expensive anemore. Like

whats the deal with the first photo, there's a Lexus badge on the a$$ end of that thing?????????????

Yep... Lots of people say that Camry's model is very similar to Lexus.. So they changed the emblem to Lexus... =P

That's ok man.. Yea..I do live in Aus, Sydney studyin in one of the Unis. I seriously want a TRD Body Kit..Ill try askin my Salesman again..Wonderin if he would help me out with this TRD kit.. :whistling:

Haha...In Indo, there's no such thing as "Defect" as such, including speed limit.. On the highway, You can just drive as fast as you want..lol.. Pretty Reckless and irresponsible aye?

It's not Usual for Asian countries...It's only for some Asian Countries.. haha..Try it in Singapore...U'd be dead.. =P

So True...LoL

Reckless and irresponsible, but the quality of driver far exceeds here in Aus, with no lane markings, people merging into other people lanes without notification is all second nature.

1.5 size lanes for 2 way traffic but people can easily do it with like centimeter apart from each others side mirror.

The cop cars are shyte rebadged 4cyl 1.6ltr protons cant keep up with anything, always speed over there. but be weary cops are corrupt as, no money to pay off could mean problems if caught.

can see a lot of malaysian and indo ppl here. hey, stop discussing about this, aussie will start laughing at our country!

Actually, it is good tat the situation is like this, police in our country are just getting tooo little pay from government, thats why they need US to give some pocket money for living.. reasonable? YES!

Australian government is too rich, police maybe overpaid every month huh? Who here dares to give "kopi-o" to them?

Totally off topic, but I was at Canberra Toyota and saw the TRD Aurion in the flesh, *** DAMN!!!!

I nearly creamed me jeans eh :blink: might have to get once when i get into the army

/hi-jack

Omg...Saw 1 At KingsCross today..A TRD Aurion...

The front's not as good as when It's seen on day light...At Night-time.. It seems less good..Only the back stays as good as i Expected...

But seriously... Evry Aurion needs to be lowered...

That' what i concluded from tonite exp... :yahoo:

LoL...! I saw one yesterday. A nice grey one - the driver was a nice guy also. He let me in the lane when he really didn't have too. I mean he was beside me and slightly back about half a car lenght. I indicated and he slowed to let me in.

Don't really like the lower front lip spoiler too much but the rear exhaust look good being integrated into the rear bumper.

Man... I was thinking, why not custom our own plate? :yahoo:

Any Ideas?

I got so several that are related to Aurion

Like 'V6' & 'Aur10N'...

All taken thou...

'V6 PWR' still available thou...xD

But so expensive... :angry:

These are in Sydney Folkz...

Any other Ideas? Anythin..!

• 2 months later...

Here's the update of my car.

So far I've only changed the Rims from the Original to 20s

And an HID Xenon... In Few hours, Gonna lower it by heapz!

Dunno if my taste suits the people here.. But I reckon It's pretty good..

Sorry, took the pic while It's dirty. Rain hasnt stopped for 3-4 days..

post-7404-1212686619_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1212686688_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1212686788_thumb.jpg

mantap mobil lo :)

change da parkers ey :P to like those with 6 leds or some shiat..hahaha..bright as shiat :P

looking good anyway :P

p.s :) Welcome to Malaysia & Indonesia .. where EVERYTHING and ANYTHING is possible :)

hahaha that should be like our slogan or some shiat ey :P

So True...LoL

Hey dude, sweet pics of the aurion modified. Do you really know someone who can hook us up with mod parts from indo. Does he speak english. From past experience, i have had some problems when trying to order parts.......huge language barrier, even though alot of their sites have been in english. If you know a contact who can help, it would be much appreciated.

bondie.