WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO ABOUT GETTING STUPID CALLS

JJCRU23R

I keep getting this "charity" calling my mobile and INTENTIONALLY hanging up as soon as i pick up the phone which is usually during the first/second ring.

when i call back, all i recieve is a recorded message saying "if you are calling investigating a missed call, this was from a charity which you may donate or you have donated to in the past. someone will call you at another time" something to that effect.

i NEED 2 complain about this coz its wasting my money having to call these idiots back and all i get is a damn recording! where should i call in order to get these idiots to stop calling my number?!?!?

btw there are a couple numbers which are doing the same thing, but mostly its coming from this number: 0730 154 066.

I keep getting this "charity" calling my mobile and INTENTIONALLY hanging up as soon as i pick up the phone which is usually during the first/second ring.

when i call back, all i recieve is a recorded message saying "if you are calling investigating a missed call, this was from a charity which you may donate or you have donated to in the past. someone will call you at another time" something to that effect.

i NEED 2 complain about this coz its wasting my money having to call these idiots back and all i get is a damn recording! where should i call in order to get these idiots to stop calling my number?!?!?

btw there are a couple numbers which are doing the same thing, but mostly its coming from this number: 0730 154 066.

i got a similar annoying number calling me to as soon as i pick up they hang up.........on my mobile and my house same number cause i have caller id at home too.

oh and had this number ringing me doing the same on my mobile for about a month

but when i try and ring the number back it just keeps ringing all times of the day...........

so annoying

lols dont know about the "calls" but ive got a couple messages which FREAKEN COST $5 PER MSG, damn credit eaters but yes back to the point

call the company for whom your with (optus,telstra yada yada) and ask :D you might be "subscribed" to something thats eating your money slowly

im guessing ? LOL

Just don't call back. If its a legit caller and really need to talk to you, they will call again.

I never call back unless i know who it is.

Another thing: If your calling back, they'll know your responding to their scam and keep calling you, bit like spam emails.

Edited by DHC09

call your phone provider and tell them to either switch you to another number or fix the problem you are having with this phone if this fails try calling consumer affairs or the telecommunications obudsman. and dont ring the number back

call your phone provider and tell them to either switch you to another number or fix the problem you are having with this phone if this fails try calling consumer affairs or the telecommunications obudsman. and dont ring the number back

On that note, is it not possible to simply block that number from your own phone?

telstra website says i should contact my provider.

on the my provider's (optus) website they say call the police if its "life threatening", if its not, or the police refer me back to optus, i call optus and change my phone number.

I SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO THAT.

I have had my number for years and its a bitch contacting everyone that my number has changed, and its the principal of the thing!

i should NOT have to change numbers because some "charity" is giving me annoying calls!

Who are you with?

My cousin works for westnet and he says that as long as u keep gettin disturbing calls..u call them up n tell them u want to change a number becos u keep gettin calls like that..they should give u a new number free of charge..

A few of the guys at work on OPTUS bussiness phones get around 5 calls each morning which when picked up are hung up straigt away with beep beep beep.

The number is private, the incident has been going on for months and Optus has said they are unable to do anything.

Dont get it.

Mind you - These calls are at the exact time each morning and the redial is within seconds of hanging up. It looks exactly like an auto dialer, however we cant see the point. . .

I came across this on the RAC newsletter

Beware of missed calls - it could be a scam

You notice a missed call on your phone from an unfamiliar number and decide to call back. What you don't realise is that your call is being diverted to a premium service for which you'll be charged.

This is just one of many phone scams catching consumers out, and just one of thousands of scams costing Australians millions of dollars each year.

Click link to read more

http://rac.com.au/index.cfm?objectid=E8589...5F66C0AE7BF570E

i dont want a new number!

why should i run n hide by changing my number?!

something has to be done to stop this from happening.

call up these charity people and tell them u dont want them to call you anymore and for them to delete your details off the system :D

LOL who are these charity things? dont give your number out ?

if its via mobile try sending a msg to the number saying "stop" but i dont know if its one of them premium messages or not becausee thats what you have to do to unsubscribe to them "premium" messages

Edited by mrs.sportivo

You notice a missed call on your phone from an unfamiliar number and decide to call back. What you don't realise is that your call is being diverted to a premium service for which you'll be charged.

This is just one of many phone scams catching consumers out, and just one of thousands of scams costing Australians millions of dollars each year.

Click link to read more

LOL yes, what i was trying to say in my first post was this ! LOL

damn premium sms' AND LOL LIKE I WASTED 40 BUCKS OF MY CREDIT TO THIS !! and all u have to do is send a sms saying "stop" and sending it to the number

:D:D

Click link to read more

LOL yes, what i was trying to say in my first post was this ! LOL

damn premium sms' AND LOL LIKE I WASTED 40 BUCKS OF MY CREDIT TO THIS !! and all u have to do is send a sms saying "stop" and sending it to the number

:D:D

ouch that cant be nice.. i think my gf's sister got those **** too.. wsnt as bad.. 10 bucks or smething

Alternately, you could argue that this constitutes harassment.

Therefore send that number to the Police and see if they can work out who it is. Maybe that sort of pressure will help...

If the Police actually want to help, that is...

i got a similar annoying number calling me to as soon as i pick up they hang up.........on my mobile and my house same number cause i have caller id at home too.

oh and had this number ringing me doing the same on my mobile for about a month

but when i try and ring the number back it just keeps ringing all times of the day...........

so annoying

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say they're call centres, but who knows which ones tho.

Edited by Tofuboi

Guest fujiwara_tofu

man... some losars keep prank calling me like 5 months ago or something.

it is just childish, i could do nothing other than change ma number >., <;;;