West Aus owner

zr nate

HI all,

Started the long search for my zr6 about 2 months ago. After falling in love with the wildfire colour on an sx6 i was informed that toyota no longer produced th wildfire zr6. I gave up my dream of buying a brand new car I(and the sunroof)and began to search for a second hand one. Finally found one in south Australia and am having sent over. What a labour of love! The selection in Perth is still extremely limited and hard pressed to get even an 06 under 40k!!

Anyway I am hoping that some of the experts on this forum are west aus based and can point me in the right direction for after market additions such as wheels, tint, lowering and slight performance improval? I don't have a massive budget but never spending this much before really wish it to be special!!

One other thing, the ZR comes factory fittef with alarm and immobiliser but i cannot find any info about the alarm, can anyone tell me if i should upgrade?

Sorry to write so much, very nervous and very proud owner of a very nice car.

Wheels: If you want to buy and fit them locally id try Tech9Tyres.. If you want best price then look at Tempe Tyres in Sydney.. $100 freight/insurance across Aus. Ive bought from these guys on 3 seperate occasions, brilliant prices n good service.

Lowering: Wilkinson Suspension, i got quoted from this mob a while back. Great service n prices.

Havent had anything done performance wise, but have heard good things about XSPEED..

hey guys.. congrats on buying an aurion they are nice cars :)

anyways i have dealt with the guys at tech9 tyres (o'connor) a few times and they are good!

also wilkinson suspension in bayswater are brilliant, prices and service is great..

i wouldnt bother with x speed.. yes i have heard there work is great blah.. blah.. but thats if you have a skyline or evo! if you go there with your aurion or corolla as i did, they will laugh at you or charge you rediculous prices. they are not interested..

Edited by $ANGELO$

• 2 weeks later...

if you go there with your aurion or corolla as i did, they will laugh at you or charge you rediculous prices. they are not interested..

Won't they be embarrassed if xoom runs into them in this lifetime...

I live in Brisbane and i just purchased some wheels from TempeTyres.

They should arrive next monday, cant waite :yahoo:

I must say they prices are really good! and pretti good service too.

Edited by ZZR88

• 5 weeks later...

Absolutely love the wheels. I was thinking of getting along those lines for my Aurion. I find wheels with a minimalistic look the most appealing. I'm looking for a 5-spoke or 6-spoke design with the thinest spokes possible. Carbon grey would be ideal.

sweet man :P expectin to c u at our next meet whenever that is ey

Thanks Jeremy, what are the meets like and where are they usually?

DJKOR: couldn't find a good grey but the black with silver line just looked so good in motion. THey are only 18''s but i didn't want the ride to be too bumpy!

sweet man :P expectin to c u at our next meet whenever that is ey

Thanks Jeremy, what are the meets like and where are they usually?

DJKOR: couldn't find a good grey but the black with silver line just looked so good in motion. THey are only 18''s but i didn't want the ride to be too bumpy!

most of the meets so far are located south of the river (coz only the southie can be bothered organizing something)

keep an eye on the meet and events forum :) definitely come to the next one