Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

black turkey

hey i just booked my car in for wednesday to get these fitted, got charged 235 dollars each for 205/50 16.

has anyone had any experience with these tyres? im hoping they are worth it cos i think that price is a bit steep for such a small tyre.

oh and they are replacing Champiro HPZ-50

Edited by black turkey

• 2 weeks later...

I used to run these but have switched to another brand that lasted longer and had more grip in wet and dry as well as when they were half worn.

Plus tyres to replace G/years were cheaper too.

the problem with tyres is that they perform differently on all sizes irrespective of thread pattern. so one tyre may do so well in 1 size will prolli do poorly in another.

does anyone here know why that is?

ive seen time and time again on tyre tests, and they just differ so much in tyre size. so i guess tyre research is the best thing u can do for yourself, and perhaps stay questionable with advice or recommendations from people with a different size to you.

that would explain the difference in the link you posted up earlier.

i guess the way to go would be to try out tyres for your self. im very happy with the eagles f1 i have now, but im probably (if i arent too lazy at the time) going to try out different brands and what not next time round.

I was running 215/40/17. I switched to Fulda's. They were made by Bridgestone in the Rev spec factory in Hanover. Bridgestone out one door and Fulda out the other. They were great tyres, performed really well in the wet and the dry.They wore really well even under the harshest driving conditions(Northy's car) and were a really good price.(about $180 -220) depending on where you shopped. AA traction raintg with silica compound in the tread, high temperature rating etc etc. Great all round.

Unfortunately they are no longer made in Germany but now made in New Zealand and they have gone to crap. quality isn't the same as well as the tyre's performance.

So I am on the lookout for something else now too.

I have fulda at nearly 10,000 kms used at the moment they have been performing well in the wet and dry checked where these where made and imprinted on tyre is china Silvabullit is it recently the fulda where made in New Zealand. I bought these in September 2007 as i never heard of them before then purchased after being told they were german and very good. When it comes time to change will be interested in seeing what tyres you use

Edited by 1rocky

I use the F1's in 195/50 15's and find the dry performance very good, high grip limit, low noise etc

but in the wet they are pretty much diabolical :ph34r: ... massive understeer when even thinking about hard cornering and emergency stopping is non-existant. I have new pads etc which help stop, but they do tend to skid quite easily.

Looking for Toyo's next time i think

I use the F1's in 195/50 15's and find the dry performance very good, high grip limit, low noise etc

but in the wet they are pretty much diabolical :ph34r: ... massive understeer when even thinking about hard cornering and emergency stopping is non-existant. I have new pads etc which help stop, but they do tend to skid quite easily.

Looking for Toyo's next time i think

mmm it maybe because u dont have abs?

or when u tried to stop hard when raining on the surface, u may have been on a pretti bad road surface where aqua planning was very...evident?

try it again on a level road. my mates f1's with abs did really well in the wet, and it was POURING down with a capital P. it was an 02 corolla. i was even surprised. but they then again, different tyre sizes perform differently on each car so just bear that in mind when u wanna switch to the toyo's. it may have the same result.