Mr2 with 3SGE beams?

jaury

:unsure: i got a 1991 NA Mr2... but . i am looking for a workingshop that can do the engine conversion for me .

i want the 3SGE beams in it. and what gearbox i need ? what else require to convert?

From memory, a 91 MR2 is an SW20 MR2. And also from memory, some SW20's came out with a 3s-ge, and others came out with a 3s-gte.

Therefore I would think the conversion would be relatively easy as the only difference between the beams and the non-beams is the cylinder head. I would think that standard 3s-ge powered SW20 box should be able to handle the power.

What car are you sourcing the engine from? Why not use that box.

Unsure if either box comes standard with an LSD, but that would be worthwhile too.

the SW20's with Beams 3S had the "redtop" engines.

For the easiest conversion, buy a late model SW20 rear cut with the beams motor, box, wiring, ecu, etc etc all there.

if you got a rear cut from a mr2 could you use that motor in a celica? cos the rear cuts from the mr2's are cheaper then front cuts from ss2 celica's

You could use the engine in anything but the rest of the half cut would just be a waste... If you bought the celica one you would get all kinds of helpful bits needed for the install.

BEAMS into celica is probably more common so that might be why they're more pricey

• 2 weeks later...