Email reply from Jenny Stewart

Thank you for your recent email outlining the ongoing issues with your Corolla Sportivo.

For anyone who has the gear shift problem here's a reply from Jenny Stewart. You might wanna adjust the clutch pedal. Not sure if this will work but I will give it a try.

Toyota Australia has investigated reports of gear shift feel/baulking during high rpm gear change on Corolla Sportivo. Our investigations have not identified any design or assembly faults with the clutch or related components.

However, the clutch pedal adjustment was found to be outside specification in some cases and has contributed to the reported gear shift condition. Please arrange inspection of the clutch pedal adjustment by your Warren Toyota as soon as convenient.

We thank you for bringing your personal concerns to our attention and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely,

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION AUSTRALIA LIMITED

Jenny Stewart

CUSTOMER RELATIONS CENTRE MANAGER

Thank you for your recent email outlining the ongoing issues with your Corolla Sportivo.

For anyone who has the gear shift problem here's a reply from Jenny Stewart. You might wanna adjust the clutch pedal. Not sure if this will work but I will give it a try.

Toyota Australia has investigated reports of gear shift feel/baulking during high rpm gear change on Corolla Sportivo.  Our investigations have not identified any design or assembly faults with the clutch or related components.

However, the clutch pedal adjustment was found to be outside specification in some cases and has contributed to the reported gear shift condition.  Please arrange inspection of the clutch pedal adjustment by your Warren Toyota as soon as convenient.

We thank you for bringing your personal concerns to our attention and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely,

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION AUSTRALIA LIMITED

Jenny Stewart

CUSTOMER RELATIONS CENTRE MANAGER

I returned back from Nunawading Toyota this morning after dropping in the sportivo for the gear box cables etc and mentioned the baulking issue. The service manager (George) said, "yep, we know what to do there" and continued on to the next item. It'll be interesting what the result is when I pick it up this arvo. I'll let you know my impression of the improvement.

Cheers

gc

This is bit out of topic but any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking of changing my service dealership location. I used to service my car at Cannon Toyota Heidelberg and was happy until my last couple of services. I felt the distance I travel is not worth the service I’m getting. Now I'm thinking of going to Nunawading Toyota to get my service done as its much closer. My question is do you guys recommend Nunawading Toyota? Or should I stick to cannon Toyota? Also if I have some warranty work can I get it done form any other dealership than whee I purchased the car from?

Thanks for your help

Cannon (Camberwell) have lost the plot too ...they dont listen any more, and just seem interested in trying to push their big buck service add-ons (non Toyota $200 injector clean at 29,000k), stuff it, I'm not going there any more.

My one experience with Nunawading was very good, superb clean bright workshops and staff that listen with interest....I'm using them from now on

Black455 how did Cannon lose it for you ??

Cannon (Camberwell) have lost the plot too ...they dont listen any more, and just seem interested in trying to push their big buck service add-ons (non Toyota $200 injector clean at 29,000k), stuff it, I'm not going there any more.

My one experience with Nunawading was very good, superb clean bright workshops and staff that listen with interest....I'm using them from now on

Black455 how did Cannon lose it for you ??

I feel the same mate they seems not listening to my requirements and the last service I got was a real half **** job. They carried out my gear selector recall but didn’t even bother to tighten the gear knob properly. Also I asked them to check my front suspension and they didn’t even had it recorded when I picked up the car. Anyway thanks for your info mate appreciate it a lot.

i also had my stivo serviced at cannon heidelberg and they ripped me off so i went to my own mechanic ive had for years and he told me i dont need to go to any of the dealers under warranty for servicing.and it wont void the warranty.

only if you have extended warranty and for actual warranty issues do ya need to go to the dealer themselves. other than that normal servicing can be done by anyone.if they find other problems outside the service criteria then it has to go back to the dealership.

so i hope that helps. because by going to my own mechanic its saved me over 80$ per service.

i also had my stivo serviced at cannon heidelberg and they ripped me off so i went to my own mechanic ive had for years and he told me i dont need to go to any of the dealers under warranty for servicing.and it wont void the warranty.

only if you have extended warranty and for actual warranty issues do ya need to go to the dealer themselves. other than that normal servicing can be done by anyone.if they find other problems outside the service criteria then it has to go back to the dealership.

so i hope that helps. because by going to my own mechanic its saved me over 80$ per service.

Helps a lot Thanks heaps

For Servicing in Melbourne, there are Two (2) good ones that I know of: -

1. Josh Sady Toyota

2. Melbourne City Toyota

let them know that your part of the Toyota Corolla Sportivo Club and they will take care of you.

Cheers

Sport1vo

Are there any Syndey stivo fellows can suggest some reliable and trusted dealers??? I wanna get my gearbox issues looked at? I'm not a native English speaker, so I dun wanna bargin and "fight" with those "cheaty" dealers. They may take me a week or so..to look at that issue but ends up with an unacceptable outcome. :angry:

Please help!~~

1. Josh Sady Toyota

2. Melbourne City Toyota

let them know that your part of the Toyota Corolla Sportivo Club and they will take care of you.

Cheers

Sport1vo

ok sport1vo, who do i speak to at mcty, they tried to rip me blind on an oil change for $160. and another $170 for the 5000kms service. Thios was with no oil filter change. they could not justify pricing.

Also with the serviceing of you vehicles, read carefully through your contracts, i went trough this with the dealer and aslo toyota hq, the vechicle must be serviced as per log book by a fully qualified mechanic and also one that has an australia wide gurantee, ie larger chains, this is because they have australia wide gurantee when using only toyota genuine parts. no other parts except oil and fuel while under waranty.

Buy the parts from toyota, keep reciepts and get it serviced at midas or ultratune or similar as they have australia wide gurantee and do log book services.

1. Josh Sady Toyota

2. Melbourne City Toyota

Cheers

Sport1vo

ok sport1vo, who do i speak to at mcty, they tried to rip me blind on an oil change for $160. and another $170 for the 5000kms service. Thios was with no oil filter change. they could not justify pricing.

Also with the serviceing of you vehicles, read carefully through your contracts, i went trough this with the dealer and aslo toyota hq, the vechicle must be serviced as per log book by a fully qualified mechanic and also one that has an australia wide gurantee, ie larger chains, this is because they have australia wide gurantee when using only toyota genuine parts. no other parts except oil and fuel while under waranty.

Buy the parts from toyota, keep reciepts and get it serviced at midas or ultratune or similar as they have australia wide gurantee and do log book services.

In Sydney i have been to two different places. Sydney City at Camperdown and Stewart Toyota in Sutherland. Both were pretty good. I had my 6 month service done today at Sydney City and it cost my $125 (staff rates) for oil, filter and the rest of the stuff with a brake clean etc.

I don't have any MAJOR issues with shift anymore. i do get the VERY occasional hesitation but its usually pretty good. Next time i'm in there i will mention it though just to make sure that i haven't just grown used to the gearbox being that way.

id just like 2 let yall no that last friday the 3rd my car went in and my dad who had the car cos i was in briss mentioned the gear prob... they said they couldnt find any prob, but the funny thing is since ive had it back ive had no probs with changes even landing in lift and it actually feels like i have a clutch and not a soggy sponge..... just thought you all mite be interested

Briony

I am still under warranty. As long as the mechanic follows the service book and uses genuine parts you are cool.

I recommend Mark's Motors in Clifton Street Prahran if you are in that area of Melb.