Best fuel consumptoin EVER!!!! (well for me)

Well i just got back after a long adventure to visit my family in MEXICO (sydney) and i got 710klm from my tank with some room still too move! I was like WOW! Has anyone else achieved better?

If so what was it?

Lol Excuse the spelling :(

yeah I get much better economy from better grade fuels though always scared to push it for fear of running to empty, the fuel price jumping and missin gthe weekly low, or sending silty mess to my injectors!

Any way about 600 a tank before I have to fill.

I do 70% Hwy kilometres too. Getting new tyres soon so hope after alignment and consistant tyre pressures and new compounf tyres to maybe get a little more distance from tank, but doubt would be noticable :)

Edited by Smithy

I've travelled 80km after the light went on and filled up about 50L in my conquest, needless to say I probably only had 2L left in the tank. lol. With the conquest light comes on at around 500km, about 250km/half tank.

With my sportivo I could probably get around 700km before the light comes on, well its 400km/half tank. Thats with around 40% highway driving. Before with city driving only I manage around 600km before the light comes on.

With the new Corollas (I've an '07 Levin), when the Fuel bar reaches to the last bar, it starts to blink and the car starts beeping at you, obviously telling you that you're low on fuel.

Is this the equivalent of having the Fuel light on? I don't recollect seeing a fuel light lighting up on the dash so wasn't sure, and the car manual wasn't of any help.

Thanks

Quite scary cuz the computer warns you unexpectedly:P It warns you about 2 times, first at 34 or someting, then at 20, and probably a couple more beeps in between :clap:

Here are my results with 91 RON:

Average Fuel Consumption p/100 km

price of fuel $1.3600

price paid $70.00

litres 51.47058824

kilometres trav. 720

average p/100km 7.14869281

And thats with about 15kms left on the trip computer which is very risky:P

GO THE LEVIN ZRs!!!! :yahoo:

Well i just got back after a long adventure to visit my family in MEXICO (sydney) and i got 710klm from my tank with some room still too move! I was like WOW! Has anyone else achieved better?

If so what was it?

Lol Excuse the spelling :(

Yea from Wagga to Batemans Bay. Was like 700+ and thats going over mountains

With the new Corollas (I've an '07 Levin), when the Fuel bar reaches to the last bar, it starts to blink and the car starts beeping at you, obviously telling you that you're low on fuel.

Is this the equivalent of having the Fuel light on? I don't recollect seeing a fuel light lighting up on the dash so wasn't sure, and the car manual wasn't of any help.

Thanks

Yes but it gets down to a range of bout 20+ kms.

Press the left button on speedometer a few times til you see range and you can see the (approximate) range of km's you have left until you run out of petrol.'

Sometimes its no big deal, but it will keep beeping at you until you get more fuel.

Anothing annoying aspect of new Levin *well mine is HR* is the passenger seat. It beeps if the 'person' has no seatbelt on, when sometimes its just a load of bags sitting on the seat, the car will beep annoyingly, sometimes when i am actually driving, so i have to chuck stuff off seat and onto floor.

I'm a delivery driver some times, but one week i went to Bris Vegas and got an average of 7.2L/100k. Before this the best I got going to Bris Vegas was like 7.4L/100k. So I don't mind my consumption.

when i go to fill up ive never been able to put in more than 42 litres......?

anyway the other day i put in $20 = 13 litres ($148.9) of petrol the normal unleaded from woolworths and it got me 150 kms before the light turned on

then when that ran out i filled it up and it stopped at $60 = about 40 litres at the same price but this time i got vortex petrol at woolwoths. So i presumed well $60 is 3x what i put the other time at the same price so therefore id get 450kms.

Now i was suprised that i hit 520km before my light turned on....how does that work?? is it coz vortex is better fuel therefore u get more km's or is it becase when u fill up petrol doesnt go as fast as if u were to put small amounts in at a time??

so now i dont know whether to always use vortex, or just to always fill up to the top to gain better fuel economy???

any advise?

sounds about right.....best ive done is around 730 km or so.....but mind you i then had to put in around 52litres or so so not too much left in tank.

I have also driven large k's on fuel light...was travelling and knew was 100km before next town.....fuel light just came on 2 mins into the 100km trip....got to that town....al closed up...did another 20km to next so got atleast 120km.....as said up higher in post...10l once fuel light comes on.......

on a large trip melb - adelaide - mildura - melb....1800km + i averaged about 7.2 litres per hundred or so...sitting on 120kmh and afew bursts overtaking etc.

happy with economy of car.....gf getting a CRdi i30 soon....that will then be used for trips.....(they have the solar/hybrid/diesel record...3.7l/100) stipualte 4.2l/100 or something in marketing