NEED HELP! please

Hi, I've just recently noticed that the power steering cap on my 94 Corolla 4afe engine loosens itself and pops off! I dont know how the hell it does it but at $34 a cap its getting pretty expensive! :angry:

I have been to toyota about it and the service guys are clueless, they made me turn it on the spot to see if there was to much pressure in the lines or whatever and that came up clear. Has anyone else had this problem? Need some help please!!! any ideas would be much appreciated.

I was thinking maybe the spring in the cap is too strong and with engine viabrations it loosens it but yeah I doubt it would be that.

Hi, I've just recently noticed that the power steering cap on my 94 Corolla 4afe engine loosens itself and pops off! I dont know how the hell it does it but at $34 a cap its getting pretty expensive! :angry:

I have been to toyota about it and the service guys are clueless, they made me turn it on the spot to see if there was to much pressure in the lines or whatever and that came up clear. Has anyone else had this problem? Need some help please!!! any ideas would be much appreciated.

I was thinking maybe the spring in the cap is too strong and with engine viabrations it loosens it but yeah I doubt it would be that.

there's a spring? most power steering resovior caps are just a simple plastic cap that twists on right? anyway....Duct tape FTMFW :toast:

Funnily enough I had almost the exact same problem a week ago, although it was a 7A instead of a 4A. Was driving along and heard a thump followed by a few whacks on the underbody of the car, thought I'd run over a rock or something. Turned out the cap had blown off the P/S reservoir and took a trip down the road, lucky it didn't lunch itself in a belt. The replacement one (can't remember the original exactly) is of the kind where you press down and then turn 1/4, it is spring loaded so you do have to put a bit of force on it to get it to click in.

Hopefully won't pop out again, but I have been having troubles with the steering rack the past 12 months or so, basically the whole rack needs to be replaced/re-conditioned, may or may not have contributed.

Glad to hear my car isnt the only one. Hiro Protagonist if you get around to fixing your steering rack and it stops popping could you let me know? and what head lights have you got? where did you get them? and if you dont mind me asking how much? I want to upgrade mine, they have cataracts.