there not that white but yer

then i took the headlights out

and they were already arctic blue

WTF

why are they yellow?

they should be white?

its 55/60 watts

12 V

iv checked the power coming from the connectors aswell and when the engine is running its at 13.6 V

is there anyway to make it brighter?

HID kit, there is only some many watts that you can squeeze out of your stock setup without overloading the wires and doing some serious plastic melting. Maybe try cleaning your fog lights to, might be some dust causing the yellow.

• 4 weeks later...

Artic blue would be of the Narva range & it'll never glow blue nor white for the candlesence output is too low,all these new 'blue' type globes are of 60/55wattage the only differnce would be the canlessence output from 3500 to 6000k.

I personally recommend the Philips range as I used to sell these while working at Coventrys as I've personally seen the testing & comparisons between Hella,Philips,Narva,Raybrig etc & wet tests on all of them & Philips have come on top,I personally use Crystal vision H7s in my rolla they are a bit pricey ($80.00 twin pack) & also some emit excessive heat turning the headlights to turn yellow the crystal havent ..Oh & it emits a nice darkish blue tinge as well..

they look better dont they?

i can get them for cheap anyway

if i know what to get

what are these crystal globes you speak of?

got a picture of them?

which coventrys did you work at?

Watch out for the crystal lights coz they are very bright and pretty but u wont see far a head mate

hi all....

it sounds like you stocko factory wiring loom isnt up to the task of keeping power to your lights....yes ok you have 13.6 volts at the headlight connector.....but what AMPERAGE do you have??....the stock harness is only good for about 6 to 10 amps....THATS IT!!!.....try setting up a relay across both high beam and low beam and wire the power side of the relay directly to the battery through a 15amp fuse.

for a headlight/spotlight bulb of ANY wattage you NEED to supply it with as much amperage as you can. nearly all of these type of bulbs need the current to reach their rated wattage (55/60 or 55/100 is a common wattage)

i have 4 spotlights on my import van and they are all wired with 6mm cable....600watts of high beam sure lights up the night when your on a long trip....and its WHITE!!!

sorry guys but i dont believe in all this "artic blue" type crap.....it only dulls the amount of white light available and it shows up as if your lights arent as bright as they used to be.

a 55/60 watt standard bulb will "outshine" a 55/60 "artic blue" bulb anyday

cheers

they look better dont they?

i can get them for cheap anyway

if i know what to get

what are these crystal globes you speak of?

got a picture of them?

which coventrys did you work at?

Watch out for the crystal lights coz they are very bright and pretty but u wont see far a head mate

I worked at Canning Vale for at least six years..Still on the loop for parts,Have a talk to the staff there & they'll direct you,tell Mo sent recommended them..if no luck Pm me & I'll find them from another source.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a pair of H7 Osram "Cool Blue" globes recently. The quality of light is great and it does produce a whiter light, but they are by no means blue. They still look yellowish depending on how you look at them. They are only 4000K though. Does anyone know who's the best for 6500K + halogen globes that would still be legal to use? I want my headlamps to be slightly blue. I've seen some really blue ones. I'd guess they were about 8000K.

As for HID, as far as I know, the after market stuff would in most cases not be considered street legal.