new Kluger pics

Scott_C

Hi Guys, here's our KXR, just got the Bladerunner side steps put on, I know some were interested to see them;

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Despite the steps being 15cms wide, they really dont stick out too much;

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

Next on the list is to install the fog lights and roof rails. :spiteful:

Looking good, Looking good.....

Do the side steps have an anodised finish?

Hey mrbishi, I think so... (runs off to check website)

Ah.. yes!

"Blade Runner steps have a matt-anodised aluminium step with molded individual non slip step pads."

:)

I have to say, Im pleasantly surprised as to how the side steps really seem to 'bring out' the wheels.

Considering they're the standard 17" rims, they seem to look more beefy now with the side steps. (at least I think so) :whistling:

Looking good, Looking good.....

Do the side steps have an anodised finish?

Hey mrbishi, I think so... (runs off to check website)

Ah.. yes!

"Blade Runner steps have a matt-anodised aluminium step with molded individual non slip step pads."

:)

Thanks...I thought they looked it from the pictures. It gives them a more refined look and seems to blend with the cars metallic paint.

Hi Guys, here's our KXR, just got the Bladerunner side steps put on, I know some were interested to see them;

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

Congratulations Scot_C, this is a very beautiful vehicle. The colout look svery nice, what is it?

Hi Leeder, thanks, the colour (according to the Toyota website) is Sage. But when we bought the vehicle, the dealer entered it onto the system as Olive Mica Metallic.

Either way, its the only green available for the new generation Kluger.

Garry, lol, yeah I was pleasantly surprised as to how good the side steps came out. After I bought them (I had the side steps a month before I got the vehicle) I was thinking that I should've gone the Toyota genuine chrome step tubes. But now, I have no doubt I made the right decision in getting the Blade Runners. They really complement the wheels I feel.

-Scott.

Hi Leeder, thanks, the colour (according to the Toyota website) is Sage. But when we bought the vehicle, the dealer entered it onto the system as Olive Mica Metallic.

Garry, lol, yeah I was pleasantly surprised as to how good the side steps came out. After I bought them (I had the side steps a month before I got the vehicle) I was thinking that I should've gone the Toyota genuine chrome step tubes. But now, I have no doubt I made the right decision in getting the Blade Runners. They really complement the wheels I feel.

-Scott.

How much was the bladerunners? I wasnt aware that they were already out for the kluger as only 2 weeks ago i was enquiring and they said it was still under development...

How much was the bladerunners? I wasnt aware that they were already out for the kluger as only 2 weeks ago i was enquiring and they said it was still under development...

Hi, there was a deal to purchase them before the end of Feb and you got free installation. First 4WD place I went to wanted $700, the second $638.

I had to tell the 4WD place about the free install, and they get a rebate back from Bushranger or something.

But the Bladerunner steps have been available for the Kluger II, at least since late Feb.

Hi, there was a deal to purchase them before the end of Feb and you got free installation. First 4WD place I went to wanted $700, the second $638.

I had to tell the 4WD place about the free install, and they get a rebate back from Bushranger or something.

But the Bladerunner steps have been available for the Kluger II, at least since late Feb.

Apart from looking good, does it look strong? The standard ones toyota use have quite a large diametre on the actual tubing, which to me looks tougher??

They quoted me $820 installed for them, but this is pre gst price as i will be novating this vehicle. Cant believe the nudge bar is just $680 installed. You'd think they would cost more..

Apart from looking good, does it look strong? The standard ones toyota use have quite a large diametre on the actual tubing, which to me looks tougher??

I read recently, that a properly installed nudge bar or side step should make the whole vehicle move if you shake it. In other words, the step or bar shouldn't flex independently, the whole car rocks.

My side steps have zero flex in them, if I stand on them, the car dips. My bro-in-law has the Toyota step tubes, and I noticed they have a little movement in them.

Honestly, I would think the Toyota step tubes are stronger, but i cant say the Bladerunners are flimsy by any stretch.

-Scott.

Scott, I thought so, nice choice (my Kluger is the same colour, there are not many around in Saige

Once again congratulations on your purcghase and enjoy

Hey Aarvark, to be honest - no. Especially since the side steps are down so low.

One option might be to get these for your doors; http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-DCIG-I.aspx

I am very keen on getting the door protection mouldings, Toyota USA have them as accessories but Toyota Aus say you have to get them from USA, has anyone tried, or could a group be formed to get some bulk?

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

Congratulations Scot_C, this is a very beautiful vehicle. The colout look svery nice, what is it?

Thanks Scott looks great I do not like the Toyota 2.5 inch S/S its too big, I have been looking for an option, but its always good to see a fitted example, what did you pay?

The fog lights I have also been looking for try Hella FF50 Light Kit

Hella Micro DE Xenon

PIAA510 Series

KC Hilite 50 Series

They quoted me $820 installed for them, but this is pre gst price as i will be novating this vehicle. Cant believe the nudge bar is just $680 installed. You'd think they would cost more..

BK,

I'm too on a Novated and contracted to buy it later.

My prices were

'Cut and pasted as per invoice

Options / Accessories

METALLIC PAINT $272.00

TOW PACK $600.00

ALLOY NUDGE BAR $650.00

DRIVING LIGHTS PENCIL X 2 Hella 4000 F $300.00

CARGO MAT RUBBER $85.00

BONNET PROTECTOR $90.00

AUDIO UPGARDE 6 CD & BLUETOOT $820.00

FLOOR MATS INC

And just prior to delivery I went for the toyots side steps for $750 fitted.

The aboves do not have GST applied

I found the prices varied significantly, even though they all have the same Kluger large binder salesman folder.

EDIT: Sorry Scott, not wishing to change direction of your post.

Edited by fish475

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know what these sidesteps are like?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/07-09-Toyota-Kluger...=item1c0ccd5836

they look ok and are listed on ebay for $375...

what about these ones?

look a bit strange these ones below...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Kluger-07-09...=item4a9dccbcaf

They're not for the Kluger they are for a VW Tiguan