Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn... that sure is quite a lot of water there. Like you said, who knows where else it could be. Water and car interiors don't go too well together. Hope Toyota get their act together on that one.

well, i seem to be fairly lucky when it comes to toyota...

i dropped it off this morning to them and got a call about 4pm saying that they require the car over night (i told them, they can have it till wednesday if they want) so they can check all the components in the roof to make sure there are no damaged parts...

the cause is one of the drain pipes off the sun roof seems to have dislodged somehow... so they've fixed that, but they continued working on the car till COB yesterday...

he said they'll know by COB which parts have been affected and they'll order them...

that way the parts will be there by midday tomorrow and the car *should* be ready by the end of the day...

so far so good... just have to wait to see what the end product will be... hopefully they'll replace any water damaged parts... (he even asked me if the carpets got wet so they could clean them if need be :))

either way, great service so far!! :)

yes, it shouldnt have happened in the first place, but the after sales service is what keeps me impressed with toyota... :)

sooooo, got the car back this arvo...

turns out one of the four drainage pipes had come loose (fuqs me how!) and so with the massive amount of rain we had, it couldnt handle it...

TMCA said to replace all four clips for the drainage pipes, so thats what the dealer did... i suppose it was more of a 'just in case the rest of them die'...

they took the whole roof lining off and inspected everything for any visable water damage... the clips for the sun visors had developed some surface rust, so they replaced them...

but apparently everything else looked fine and none of the electronics were damaged... so they just put it back together again...

they said they water tested it 3 times with a large amount of water and everything seems good...

he also mentioned that everything has been recorded, so if any problems were to arise in the future that it would be no problem and just bring it in and get it fixed again...

at the end of the day, it shouldnt have happened, but all cars have faults now and again...

the way toyota north lakes have dealt with it was more than i could have asked for... very very very happy with their service.. i'll actually be writing an email to TMCA tomorrow to congratulate them on their level of service... :)

meanwhile, they even washed my car for me (and feels like its been waxed too! :lol:)... pretty sh!t job... but then again, i'm used to the high standards at the "Hoppy's Car Wash Cafe"... (shameless plug! :lol: do i get a free wash? :P hahaha kidding)

• 5 weeks later...

sssoooooo, i'm still overseas, but i got a txt from my mate that's looking after my car...

and it said this "you're an idiot for using the tyres you do! they cost $600 each!"

so after a couple of txts back and forth i found out he got a puncture and being the nice guy he is, he replaced the tyre without telling me... he didnt want to ruin my trip... :lol:

anyway... just so you guys know... the RRP on these tyres are apparently $600 each.. so, um, i guess that it shows exactly how much of a saving i got by buying the tyres through st george tyres in sydney... :lol:

What a mate. Shame he didn't know where to get them from.

anyway... just so you guys know... the RRP on these tyres are apparently $600 each.. so, um, i guess that it shows exactly how much of a saving i got by buying the tyres through st george tyres in sydney... :lol:

And thanks to you, it looks like that's where I'm getting my tires next. That's the last time I spend $860 for 2 tires.

HAHAHAHA... thats cool... its an awesome pic...

meanwhile... seeing that bonnet reminds me of the massive dint/scratch on my bonnet from flying debris on the gateway the day before i left for my trip... :( :( :(

Well thanks to vfx and Ingres I now have my new tail lights installed.

Now these won't be to everyones liking, but I SERIOUSLY DONT CARE. :lol:

I love them and think they've made the car look even better. :D

anyway here is a couple of quick pics I took after installing them. I'll wash the car and take proper pics hopefully next weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5167489&id=578903972

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5167487&id=578903972

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5167480&id=578903972

Since I know photos don't really do justice, I'd be pretty sure that would look great in person. I quite like it. I think the extra tint/colour in the light makes it more 'compatible' with black than the all-clear ones the Australian facelifts use.

At the same time though... something is a bit strange. I think it may just be the fact that it's like a TRD cross-breed :lol:

Hahah... It once crossed my mind to get a set of these after lookin at ur items Ash, looks a lot better in person than the picture. :lol:

Hurry up with the pic already... OMG

The links should work fine... they do for me.

lol i think you need to be friends with ash on FB to see them.

The links should work fine... they do for me.

lol i think you need to be friends with ash on FB to see them.

Too bad I cbf creatin a FB.. I'll just wait till they're here... :angry: