Sportivo Top Speeds

Azza

Not that I approve of speeding, but I am interested to see what types of speeds you guys have had your 'tivos at....

My max to date was 175.....had to slow down when I thought I saw a speed camera....but turned out to be a Telstra Van

Are you talking Kph? If so, I bounce off the limit almost everyday. I've gone to 190kph pretty often. Thats where the fun stops. I dont have 240 on my clock like you guys, my speedometer stops at 180kph but actually cuts out at 190kph. Real easy to get to. I hit that in 4th gear at 8000 rpm. Really exhilarating to hit those high notes. I wish I could go through 5th and 6th too.

220 in Craigs, 195 in mine

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Aus spec Sportivo speed limited to 215 kph? I'm sure that I had read that somewhere. If that's the case, (and the speed is sensed at the ECU - not the speedo which may be a tad optimistic) then you should feel it go flat at that speed and cycle slightly as the engine soft cuts.

Cheers

gc

Guys

all you need is a cop to read this and they might book you

Anyways 220 on the way home from Sydney :D

You'd be fine if you had said "220 on the way home from Sydney via the Stuart Highway in the Nothern territory where there are no speed limits"

In know that's what you meant.

Cheers

gc

Guys

all you need is a cop to read this and they might book you

Anyways 220 on the way home from Sydney :D

You'd be fine if you had said "220 on the way home from Sydney via the Stuart Highway in the Nothern territory where there are no speed limits"

In know that's what you meant.

Cheers

gc

Maybe this is a stupid question, doesn't the police need evidence to charge people??

We just say something in the forum, is this still an offence???

What if I say I went 300km/hr last night which is impossible for a Stivo, :lol: , can the police still can charge me??? <_<

As moderator I would suggest this thread is totaly unappropriate. Please desist as this does not promote the car in any shape or form. In fact if anything it could cause more harm. All it takes for some insurance company to see this then they may start reviewing how much you pay on your policys and others as well as making the car a possible target for cops. Please be sensible at some of the speeds you state ..one slight thing wrong and you are dead possibly taking someone out with you. I am not saying I am totally innocent but please have some sense. It all will do if you get caught is that you will end up in jail with huge fines. Take it to a track where it is a lot safer.

We just say something in the forum, is this still an offence???

What if I say I went 300km/hr last night which is impossible for a Stivo,  :lol: , can the police still can charge me??? <_<

Internet legend has people being charged through video evidence of their antics posted on forums.

That said, Many years ago when radar guns were first introduced in Australia, I was stopped for doing 888 kph in a 60 kph zone. The police officer and I agreed that as delightful a speed that would be from a Lotus Cortina, it was a bit of a stretch to prove if I decided to contest the offence in the Magistrate's Court. We mutually agreed that the radar unit was at fault and he sent me on my merry way. The funny thing was that as I was leaving he asked me to "take it easy in future lad". Which to this day I still believe that he thought I was speeding (which I probably was).

Cheers

gc

Peekeay this is exactly why people get ****** of with forums you start a thread and then the mods jump on you, if you are on the forums chances are you have a car and have a licence and then its your call weather you speed or not, if people choose to share then thats there business IMO at times on the forums threads are moderated WAY TOO HEAVY

220 in Craigs, 195 in mine

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Aus spec Sportivo speed limited to 215 kph? I'm sure that I had read that somewhere. If that's the case, (and the speed is sensed at the ECU - not the speedo which may be a tad optimistic) then you should feel it go flat at that speed and cycle slightly as the engine soft cuts.

Cheers

gc

Nope, I remember reading something about that but trust me its not true ;)

Guys, that's the job of the moderator and that's to moderate the forum. There were complains from members before that it was not moderated enough and that we were not doing our job, but I guess when we do do it, no ones happy about it either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think that Peekay was just trying to caution everyone about speeding, in other words, just doing his job. Every forum you go has their moderators and some are way way more narchy than any one of us here. Besides, this is a sensitive topic to begin with and it's not the first time that we've debated about it.

So let's chill guys and drive safely (whatever that may mean to you), especially during this holiday season. :D