rattling exhaust help

Hey guys,

Had my CES exhaust system put on a couple of months back, and somehow it was mounted too close to the left heatshield, resulting in rattling everytime i take a right corner. I ended up zip-tying the right rubber mount to 'pull' the whole exhaust a bit to the right, it helped a bit, but I still get the occasional rattle when i corner hard.

Is there any thing I can do to get rid of the rattling completely? Or can I send it to an exhaust shop and would they be able to help me out?

Regards.

Rubber mounts are starting to get a little soft. You can get heavier duty after market mounts but I cannot find the link I had saved for them.

Anyone else remember the name of them cause I can't even remember that LOL.

Micky's used to rattle like that too. Aftermarket exhausts tend to do that sort of thing, regardless of how good the product is. Any exhaust shop could come up with a solution, Mick did I think.

The rattling can be fix by replacing your stock floppy hangers with stiff polyurethane hangers. It is the quickest and easiest way to fix your problematic CES exhaust, and it will look heaps better than zip ties and stuffing bolts into your stock hangers.

PM me if you're interested.

Edited by 1ZZ-FZE

The rattling can be fix by replacing your stock floppy hangers with stiff polyurethane hangers. It is the quickest and easiest way to fix your problematic CES exhaust, and it will look heaps better than zip ties and stuffing bolts into your stock hangers.

PM me if you're interested.

Mark can post the link up to them for everyone please. I cannot find it on my PC.

It's Kartboy that make the hangers.

Yeah!!!! That's it!! I kept thinking something about go karts but that didn't make sense to me for some reason...

thanks Carlo :toast:

• 5 weeks later...

hey guys, i finally got my new polyurethane hangers mounted. it felt good when the car was on the hoist cause there was a lot less play compared to the floppy stock ones, though it was quite a pain putting them on.

the thing is, the rattling is back, and its hitting the left heatshield again, but this time it happens only when the engine idles at 800-900 rpm, as well as when it hits around 3600-4000 rpm, probably something to do with the resonant frequency. but anyways, what can I do to get rid of it?? it's starting to get really irritating!