Question for all Brissie Rolla owners ...

Buddha

I know this general topic has been discussed elsewere, but it seems more Sydney/Melbourne based.

I'm in the process of selecting a dealer to take my wagon to for its next service. The dealer I bought it from did a good up-front deal, but their aftersales service is rather lacklustre.

Another dealer, much more local to me and apparently highly awarded by Toyota, is very good to people who bought there, but anyone else seems to be treated like second-class citizens.

I'm looking for a dealer who will treat my car as if it was his own, will explain things to me in simple english and give me some confidence that if my wife is handling the transaction, that she won't have the wool pulled over her eyes.

Can any of you Brissie owners tell me if such a Toyota dealer exists in our fair city?? I'm on the Northside of town, but I'm happy to travel a bit to get the service I want.

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Hey Buddha

Being a tivo owner for a few months now and a Levin owner for 4 years before this and together with my wife also having owned a 'rolla conquest and a mother in law with a pregnant roller skate, I mean echo, as well as previously being a fleet coordinator for a government department with a heck of a lot of corollas in the fleet, I have been involved with my fare share of Toyota Servicing around Brisbane. Here's my summation of the major dealers in Brisbane

Martin Jonker's (Morayfield): This is the dealer that supplied my 2000 Levin. Not a bad dealership. It is a small family owned setup that has fairly friendly service with services charged at a reasonable rate. The negative side is I think some of the staff their forget their customers aren't mechanics....

Torque Toyota (Strathpine/Redcliffe): Forget it. Too overpriced and don't care about you....

Sci Fleet Toyota (Kedron/Albion): The Kedron dealership was responsible for me being the owner of my 'tivo. The Kedron Service division is reasonably priced and the service is good. The realise that as customers, we aren't mechanics and will trat you as such with out patronizing you. The Albion service division I dodn't like...

Southside Toyota (Wooloongabba): Great facilities and open late weeknights to suit, however sometimes I feel that the 'service representatives' have never even driven a car, let alone been responsible for their servicing. Expensive, but your paying for convenience....

Motorama Toyota (Moorooka): Have not had a lot to do with them. They supplied my wifes Corolla, but it never went there for servicing.

Oldmac Toyota (Cleveland): The first couple of times I took the Levin their when I lived in Tingalpa it was ok. But lately their prices have begun to increase higher than I'd like, and they don't mind charging you for their rags.... Service quality is good though and they are friendly...

Out of this batch, I would reccommend Sci Fleet at Kedron, although this is based on a few good experiences and no bad ones (yet) - touchwood....

Cheers

Aaron

I bought from llewellyn and they were good for servicing etc. but lacking in alot of areas. e. installing my skirt and not cutting it or bending tip!!!

They have lost my business after a their last efforts or lack there of!

I took Sportiv word and took it to Lexus of Indooropilly...........WOW!

they listened to every word i said and more...they took care of the car and did every single little thing that I asked.

110% effort from the guys at lexus. It costs a little more ....but i feel its worth it.

They are even taking my car back this week to do some work on the shocks and clutch (all under warranty)

I bought from llewellyn and they were good for servicing etc. but lacking in alot of areas. e. installing my skirt and not cutting it or bending tip!!!

They have lost my business after a their last efforts or lack there of!

I took Sportiv word and took it to Lexus of Indooropilly...........WOW!

they listened to every word i said and more...they took care of the car and did every single little thing that I asked.

110% effort from the guys at lexus. It costs a little more ....but i feel its worth it.

They are even taking my car back this week to do some work on the shocks and clutch (all under warranty)

the ppl who work at the llewellyn service department all suffer from some form of amnesia or concussion. they forget to do stuff u asked. they forget NOT to do stuff u ask. they forget they took a chip of paint of your bonnet. simple things take AGES to sort out coz someone in there doesn't do their job and u have to go back etc etc. on the other hand, go and buy a car from them.

Thanks for everyone's responses, much obliged.

I've decided to take Danthuyer's and Sport1vo's advice and give Lexus of Brisbane a try ... they're even handy to work!

The wagon doesn't go in until early January, but will let you know how I fare.

Cheers. :D

I'm currently going to Southside toyota for servicing but if they stuff up one more time then I"m taking my business to another dealer. Might try Lexus at Kedron! The box of choccies will get my wife going there for sure ;)

Chocolates for getting your car serviced???

Heck, at the price some of the dealerships charge, I reckon I am owed the following benificiaries:

4 cartons Crown Lager

3 bottles Wild Turkey 'Rare Breed'

8 dozen Oysters

1 Fruit Platter

Lifetime supply of Pizza Hut

Chocolates for getting your car serviced???

Heck, at the price some of the dealerships charge, I reckon I am owed the following benificiaries:

4 cartons Crown Lager

3 bottles Wild Turkey 'Rare Breed'

8 dozen Oysters

1 Fruit Platter

Lifetime supply of Pizza Hut

I'm pretty much numb to the costs of servicing these days, but even a simple "thank you for choosing Joe Bloggs Toyota" would be a nice start.

Oh, and what Afyfe said, but replace the Crownies, Wild Turkey and oysters with Hahns, Jim Beam and some nice fresh King Prawns. :lol:

I'm currently going to Southside toyota for servicing but if they stuff up one more time then I"m  taking my business to another dealer. Might try Lexus at Kedron! The box of choccies will get my wife going there for sure ;)

'

Yep I think I am beginning to lose faith in the SST boys. I get the impression that the majority of the service guys have not even driven a sportivo..... Their "technical guys" also seem to have a tendancy to tow the Toyota company line in relation to issues with the Sportivo. They are always polite though but methinks one more chance.

I like to think of the SST boys as a comparison to the only good thing about Christmas Shopping

LATE NIGHT TRADING

Everything else is overpriced, uncooperative and bad coffee....

I took Gregs comments and as I said I took it to Lexus.

I even gave them the task of installing my handata intake manifold.

I got one phone call as one of my studs snaped on myself one day....they fixed the stud and installed it (wioth some dificulty) and called me 3 times to keep me updated.

When I arrived to pick the car up they took me into the workshop and showed me EXACTLY what they did (as modifications to the manifold had to be done)

They also commented on the clutch as we looked at that.

needless to say it is going back to them this thursday to get new struts installed in there rear (i complained of a noise...so they replace them under warranty) the head technician is going to finish the clutch for me (as the technical bulliten didnt fix it) he has a few ideas up his sleeve.

and it wasnt that much more than toyota...

guys i think we have a new winner......also ask for Ben in the service department...he a good guy ;)

Well, if first impressions count, then Lexus of Brisbane are off to a good start.

Got a call from them today to confirm my service booking and my details, and I was more than happy with their quote as well.

Looking forward to dealing with them further. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the service has come and gone and all's well.

Lexus of Brisbane satisfied all of my criteria, plus undercut some regular Toyota dealers and gave us some chockies. :)

I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing their Toyota serviced in Brisbane.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Cheers. B)

Buddha - Glad to hear you liked lexus of indro. I didnt think you wouldn't like them. They would have to be the best I have delt with in a long time....just remember to take the chocies out of your glovebox........as one snowflake owners forgot to the other week......ewwwwww :( :(

In the glove box hey... Isn't that where all small children find the lollies and chocolates from the nice stranger.... or is that how you lured one rollagrl into your car :P :P

Buddha - Glad to hear you liked lexus of indro. I didnt think you wouldn't like them. They would have to be the best I have delt with in a long time....just remember to take the chocies out of your glovebox........as one snowflake owners forgot to the other week......ewwwwww :( :(

Luckily, being the hot day it was on Tuesday, they gave us the chockies in the reception when we paid.

It would have to be one tough chocky to survive in a glovebox at this time of year!