New Sportivo light bulbs?

Hey guys

My front right light bulb (not high beams) has finally blown, I was wondering what particular type/brand of bulb I should replace it with?

ohh BTW, Corolla Sportivo 2003.

Three choices.

1) Toyota genuine parts - will be the same as it always was. Expect to pay plenty.

2) Generic replacement - Pay less and get the same product, depending on brand.

3) Performance replacement - Phillips have a range of bulbs that upgrade the distance/colour of your lighting. Power2Nite, BlueVision, DiamondVision and CrystalVision. Ranging from $60 to well over $100.

Hey guys

My front right light bulb (not high beams) has finally blown, I was wondering what particular type/brand of bulb I should replace it with?

ohh BTW, Corolla Sportivo 2003.

Low beam takes H7. You can go back to toyota and they prob charge you a million dollar for a bulb or you can go around places and get replacement bulbs

quite a few members here uses the Philips range and they r quite happy with it. I've once bought a set of MTEC bulb from ebay and they are brilliant. But seeing that you already blown ur bulb, its best to just source a set locally :)

since i don't want to start a new thread ill just post it up here for 07 corolla its h11 for the headlights and foggies would crystal vision/diamond vision Philip bulb would look any better and see as far as the stocks the stocks when you look at a distance they seem pretty white and clear yet still have that yellow look i want a nice strong white light thats bright yet visibility isn't lost I'm only asking this cause these bulbs cost $150 for a set of 2 so $300 all up

since i don't want to start a new thread ill just post it up here for 07 corolla its h11 for the headlights and foggies would crystal vision/diamond vision Philip bulb would look any better and see as far as the stocks the stocks when you look at a distance they seem pretty white and clear yet still have that yellow look i want a nice strong white light thats bright yet visibility isn't lost I'm only asking this cause these bulbs cost $150 for a set of 2 so $300 all up

Generally the whiter you go the higher the chance of glare off of the line markings and reflectors. And just think about how much performance you are going to get back from using $150 bulbs? I'd save the money.

Not comparing apples with apples, but I have a mate with an SP23 who got a H7 HID kit off eBay - no claims as to the long term viability of the product, but he has not stopped raving about it since he put it in. Particularly as it cost him less than a hundred bucks delivered.

a) Has anyone else gone for this cheap HID option - is it worth it?

B) Would you then have to put HIDs in your foglights (sportivo/levin) to make it look right? I think white headlights with yellow spotties may look a bit poor.

For the record, I used to use Narva Plus 50s in my old car and they were good (definetly brighter, but still yellow). I too have heard excellent things about the Philips globes, but have no personal experience with them.

Cheers,

Nath.

I use the narva 50+ now and even with my headlights angled downwards, I still get high beamed by the occasional driver that think I have high beams on.

What's the colour like on those Narva's? Is it slightly yellow or pure white?

They are whiter than the factory standard bulbs, but no blue in them. They might have a very slight yellow in them, but I can't be certain.

They are really bright though, sometimes when stopped at the traffic, the reflection of them off the car in front makes you squint. They are australian approved bulbs too.

I bought mine from Repco a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.

http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_21.html

Edited by Bit Racer

They are whiter than the factory standard bulbs, but no blue in them. They might have a very slight yellow in them, but I can't be certain.

They are really bright though, sometimes when stopped at the traffic, the reflection of them off the car in front makes you squint. They are australian approved bulbs too.

I bought mine from Repco a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.

http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_21.html

the specs seem pretty good. what's the difference between the display pack and the blister pack though?

You guys should try the philips GT150, they're very bright too. The light that comes out is actually a whitey yellow. But it will give the slightest ever tinge of blue reflecting from the tip of the bulb, but it won't reflect much in the headlight housing of a corolla as we have that metal shield. I have them in the camry at home. No complaints.

Edit: Just saw them on sale at autobarn at the moment, for $39 a pair! woot! bargain! =D

Edited by KT668