Learn from other peoples mistakes

Just a reminder to anyone putting LED parker lights in their car, be sure they are secure. Even after reading the post by Cooley about the bulb falling into the headlight unit, I let it happen anyway, now it is entombed forever. Yes I’m an idiot :blink: . Luckily I have a few LED lights floating around so no big loss. After reading what Cooley went through, I don’t intend to retrieve it. Anywho, end result looks nice.

Please be careful and learn from other peoples mistakes

post-8029-1210150305_thumb.jpg post-8029-1210150297_thumb.jpg

LOL be more resourceful, that's happened to me hundreds of times! Relax Alf! I get a massive cable tie (perfect because it's long and bendy, like Rob), attach a big gob of blue tack or something similar to the end of it (once I used a piece of Maguiars polishing clay), shove it into the headlight hole (the biggest one you can find) and it's like fishing! You'll get it out with some effort and swearing. Happy days!

Na no can do, its not inside the reflective part of the light, it’s between the reflective sheet and the outer casing, I can’t see it let alone fish for it. There is a gap between the hole and where the reflective bit starts, just big enough for a globe to fall though. Its gone. I’m not stressed about it, like I said, a 5 buck globe, who cares. But it could have been pricey one. People with a ZRE152 take care.

.... and very illegal. be careful mate, cops can defect your car because of those.

Yea used to happen alot in my Falcon, I keep the white globes in the glove box so I can change them on the spot if a cop gets narkie. Usually gets me out of a canary sticker.

Yea its probably doable, but for a $5 LED it doesnt seem worth the bother of disassembling the front end, meh

Indiana Jones can break into any tomb...

You can have Indy, I have no problem with that...

... but aint you gonna be jealous when I have Lara Croft bent over fishing it out for me!

Edited by theDefiant1

Usually gets me out of a canary sticker.

i hate that sticker! i rather go look for biiiladan in Afghanistan's deserts than having that stupid yellow sticker up my windscreen!

Edited by X-Power

Yea its probably doable, but for a $5 LED it doesnt seem worth the bother of disassembling the front end, meh

Indiana Jones can break into any tomb...

You can have Indy, I have no problem with that...

... but aint you gonna be jealous when I have Lara Croft bent over fishing it out for me!

Cmon, how old is Lara now? First apeared on the screen in 1996, lookin early-mid 20s? Now in her 30s, bit over the hill.

(She IS a real person right? :unsure: )

i hate that sticker! i rather go look for biiiladan in Afghanistan's deserts than having that stupid yellow sticker up my windscreen!

The falcon used to be a cop magnet, 12 neons and LEDs all up, and a loud 2.5" pipe, back in the teen days. I still have my first yellow sticker, I swear the glue must have been crap, it just fell off by itself it did! :whistling:

The falcon used to be a cop magnet, 12 neons and LEDs all up, and a loud 2.5" pipe, back in the teen days. I still have my first yellow sticker, I swear the glue must have been crap, it just fell off by itself it did! :whistling:

you gotta love those glues lol.... :whistling:

you gotta love those glues lol.... :whistling:

What did they get you for?

long story....

i make it short for you:

there is a highway patrol coper in Civic/Canberra centre police station. he always wear stupid leather pants for motor bikes but he always drives cars!??? ( he is prick too!). use to have done up Calibra with SR20TT, well i think u can guess the rest.... got me right left and centre. that was my first! i still remember when i sold the poor car i still had the lil space on left side of front window small rectangular size area of glue lol. in 12 months time car got defected 7 times, 1 in sydney, 1 melb just out side spring nats, 5 times in Canberra. just 3 of them was same copper in leather panties...

long story....

i make it short for you:

there is a highway patrol coper in Civic/Canberra centre police station. he always wear stupid leather pants for motor bikes but he always drives cars!??? ( he is prick too!). use to have done up Calibra with SR20TT, well i think u can guess the rest.... got me right left and centre. that was my first! i still remember when i sold the poor car i still had the lil space on left side of front window small rectangular size area of glue lol. in 12 months time car got defected 7 times, 1 in sydney, 1 melb just out side spring nats, 5 times in Canberra. just 3 of them was same copper in leather panties...

Mad that sucks, pain in the ***** to meet a copper havin a bad day. My first, I had ONE blue neon on the back parcel shelf, the lady in front of me pulled over for whatever reason, a mad-as-a-cut-snake coppa (from a different suburb) saw it, pulled me over and claimed my BLUE 1996 Faclon looked like a cop car and that he COULD do me for impersonating police!! I was 18 at the time, running pizzas!! What a doshe.

Hey while I think of it, there is a guy at my work who has a sportivo, I swear it has an old WRX front bar on it, seems to fit well, not terrible looking. Is there an aftermarket front bar for the previous model Rolla that looks totally WRX? Or has he actually fitted a Subie bumper onto his sportivo? Its got a bonnet scoop as well, lame.

How to not get defected:

3) Do not bad mouth police officers on public forums

to be honest, i don't care anymore. i always respect all of them. but after what they did after springnats in melb and summernats in canberra, i don't like all of them, equally and some more. they just cant pulled you over and say you span ur wheels a bit, on a rainy day and for that they have to inspect the whole car, defect you for not having street tyers!?

I'm guessing they are very well experienced and got knowledge of *** so they know what is different between street tiers and not street tiers. my advice to use: don't get top brand tiers, they pattern is different to Street tiers so they not street tiers! wow!

You might not care but other members might. You are part of the forum here so you add to the reputation of the forum here - that means every other member. We are peaceful Toyota drivers. I don't want my name in a thread where people are bad mouthing police officers because then I become guilty by association, and everyone else here gets branded the same.