Camry Top Speed II

jps137

People if you insist on telling the world your top speeds at least claim it was on a track or private road or disused air strip ie. somewhere that it is not illegal and (from the numbers that did still show) likely to cost you your license in one go. Let's think about it alot of people read these forums and most are not in favour of speeding on public roads.

Or better still actually try your car on a track or official drag strip there is a bit more enjoyment to it

$2.25 to make it sound not so bad along a sealed road at a mates farm if you cant work out the speed from that price...yeh...still had more in it but stock width tyres + braking distance fading by the second it wouldnt have been a great plan to push it further

Or better still actually try your car on a track or official drag strip there is a bit more enjoyment to it

lol

mmm a camry ona drag strip. ive seen it done with an aurion b4, other than it getting totally killed, it was ok

anyone here know a track in vic in which random ppl can bring their ride to test it out on the race track?

id be curious to see how a poorly a stock camry handles itself on the track, for enjoyment sakes.

lol

mmm a camry ona drag strip. ive seen it done with an aurion b4, other than it getting totally killed, it was ok

anyone here know a track in vic in which random ppl can bring their ride to test it out on the race track?

id be curious to see how a poorly a stock camry handles itself on the track, for enjoyment sakes.

i wanna find out where you can legally/FOC play with your car.. places that i know of, cost around $80-100 per entrance?

i can see that aurion has very large possibilities to overkill a camry on any track, thats why there is no need compare thou.. haha.. i know, coz i own 1 as well..

Edited by dannywss

lol

i wanna find out where you can legally/FOC play with your car.. places that i know of, cost around $80-100 per entrance?

i can see that aurion has very large possibilities to overkill a camry on any track, thats why there is no need compare thou.. haha.. i know, coz i own 1 as well..

mates farm ;)

mates farm ;)

you reminded me that my dad has a few acres in melton.. but tats soo far away..

If you friend's land is close to SE, introduce me, i am willing to pay a minimal fee of... you say...

Edited by dannywss

back last year there was no speed limit on the stuart highway (im in darwin by the way) and it was only a 15 min drive to the open speed limit starting point. that is where my mates would do it, and it was legal but still stupid of course.

hmm my uncle was telling me a highway in darwin that u can actualy do wateva speed u want coz the road is litteraly dead straight for 20 mins....

is this the road?

anywho on-topic... i spent $2.25 in the pulsar and jammed the selector fork in the box lol.

all on private roads ofcourse :yahoo:

na teh whole stuart highway and arnhem highway was marked with unrestricted speed limit. all the way to the border of QLD and SA then it 110 (except when going through small towns of course) but now it changed to 130 which is what teh majority of people did anyway. it doesnt matter tho cos how often are you gonna go past a cop car when driving around in the middle of nowhere after Katherine? never.

• 2 weeks later...
... it doesnt matter tho cos how often are you gonna go past a cop car when driving around in the middle of nowhere after Katherine? never.

Dude, I agree that in that amount of space - have some cautious fun... BUUTTT...

... the speed limit is there not so you get busted, but to limit the amount of damage you will do to other and yourself.

The sole reason behind them putting restrictions in NT and the Nullarbor is because too many people were obliterating themselves. 160+ and a Kangaroo jumps out... noone will you find you and your family dying in your wreck until a truckie cruises by 5 hours later...

People don't just die in high speed crashes.

They disintegrate. After seeing some rather ****ed up things, I just cruise and have a little fun here and there without pulling out scary speeds.