PICTURES OF MY NEW LOWERED RIDE

BONDIE

Attached over a over the following topic is some photos of my car lowered. I have had a few problems over the last week, (the suspension rubbing topic). Shaved off some of my inner guard this weekend and it scrubs next to none now. It has to be a big dip in the road with a loaded car, to hear the scrubbing noise, even then its minimal.

Because its just me and the misses, im not phased this point of time and very happy with the end result. If i do decide to attack this, the suspension guy said i have two choices

1. to adjust the camber a little, with a follow up of a wheel alignment.

2. to put in trd bump stops to shorten the bump stop clearance, but also not allowing my vehicle bounce as low as it does.

The suspension guy said either one will fix this as it is just nicking the inner guard now.

Thanks to all you guys that provided information to help my suspension problem, it was much apreciated and very valuable when putting across your ideas to the suspension place to acheive the end result.

Cheers

Bondie :toast:

Edited by BONDIE

Mate your car looks awesome.

You've done a good job.

I'm becoming a fan of these beasts.

Top effort! :toast:

Cheers mate, im very happy with it. All ive gotta get done now is exhaust, custom billet grill, chrome door handles, chrome boot trim, tint for head & tail lights, and maybey some chrome pillars (not sure about them). And after that the exterior is finished and it will be time to start on the interior. Ive had a couple of cliches so far, but overall happy the way its comming along.

Cheers mate.

Edited by BONDIE

wow

wot springs/coils/wotever did u choose?

it looks perfect from the front and back~! unlike those rides that have a ridiculously low butt, they put me off so bad. how can they even think its cool?

anywho, well done looks awesome

hows the ride comfort?

wow

wot springs/coils/wotever did u choose?

it looks perfect from the front and back~! unlike those rides that have a ridiculously low butt, they put me off so bad. how can they even think its cool?

anywho, well done looks awesome

hows the ride comfort?

Cheers buddy. I have pedders sports rider springs in, which dropped it about 40mm. The ride comfort now is good, not much difference at all, except it handles better. I did have a bit of scrubbing in the inner plastic guards, but i shaved off some lumps and its all good now.

BONDIE

Edited by BONDIE

tinting the fronts? :/ i wouldnt recommend it, you wont beable to see as sharp at night, and i dont think it'll be road worthy. even if you intend to throw in hids it wont be as bright. i tinted my rears and when i reverse in the dark i cant see as bright.

i dont get it, so there is nothing done to the suspension sys?

:blink: Is this a trick question, what do you mean dude?, I have had my suspension lowered, and you commented on my last topic "need help on my suspension scrubbing".

As per the opening statement with pics of my car lowered in regards to this topic, "i had my car lowered, had problems, shaved off some inner guard, now fixed".

Then I followed on in a reply and commmented on what my plans are for the completion of the exterior of the car before i move on to the interior.

I dont know what you dont get, I think you must have mis-interpeted one of these areas buddy. If you mean by suspension as being shocks, no shock were changed, but I did change the springs.

Hope this answers your question

Cheers

Bondie.

Edited by BONDIE

tinting the fronts? :/ i wouldnt recommend it, you wont beable to see as sharp at night, and i dont think it'll be road worthy. even if you intend to throw in hids it wont be as bright. i tinted my rears and when i reverse in the dark i cant see as bright.

Thanks for the info, i didnt even think about that. I saw them on the net and thought they look sweet. But your probably right, they wouldnt be very practible. They wernt a high priority on my list anyways.

Cheers for the info.

Bondie

:blink: Is this a trick question, what do you mean dude?, I have had my suspension lowered, and you commented on my last topic "need help on my suspension scrubbing".

As per the opening statement with pics of my car lowered in regards to this topic, "i had my car lowered, had problems, shaved off some inner guard, now fixed".

Then I followed on in a reply and commmented on what my plans are for the completion of the exterior of the car before i move on to the interior.

I dont know what you dont get, I think you must have mis-interpeted one of these areas buddy. If you mean by suspension as being shocks, no shock were changed, but I did change the springs.

Cheers

Bondie.

lolz, i have been on both your topics frequently, i know what you DID, just i am not sure how you FIX your problem..

so u shaved off some lumps? i dont get this.. mind explaining..?

Edited by dannywss

When you lower a car, there's a possibility that the tyre/wheel will have some contact with the inside of the guard, especially when a larger/wider wheel and tyre package is fitted too. So what he did was smooth out the inside of his guards because obviously it was only scrubbing in certain places.

Cheers

Bondie.

lolz, i have been on both your topics frequently, i know what you DID, just i am not sure how you FIX your problem..

so u shaved off some lumps? i dont get this.. mind explaining..?

Yeah sweet, i was wondering where you were coming from, ha ha. Yeah man - i went to Pedders and pretty much told him my problem, and all the info & solutions members offered in my previous topic. The previous day before seeing pedders, i went to bunnings and brought a wood plain( not big type, a small hand size, plain surface 5cm x 3cm) and sand paper. I got pedders to put the car up on the hoist, and plained of the lump myself and sanded it down. But had to watch out how much i plained away, as i didnt want to create a whole. It came up nice but the plastic is very thin in that area. I took it for a spin and it rolls fine.

After i put all the suggestions to the pedders guy, he said if it starts scrubbing, i can either adjust the camber and follow that with a wheel alignment, or he can put in TRD bump stops, to reduce the amout of distance the car bounces down on dips.

The car has been fine since, but when i had a full load the other night it scrubbed a little bit. The dip was a fair size and i had a bit of weight in the car. As its only me and my misses mostly, it should be cool from now on.

If the inner guard does wear through though, like one of the previous members stated his did, i probably wont take one of the options from pedders. I think i will cut that area of rubbing away and insert a flexible rubber. So if it does scrubb, it will be flexible to move with the wheel and also protect the inside of the engine bay from dirt and grime.

But at the moment - no need, it is running sweet - as.

Cheers bud,

Bondie.

Looking real smick there Bondie ... you have done well ... pleased you got your stuff sorted

Cheers Davo, I was worried it wouldnt work out, but it was all good in the end. I cant wait till i get some more leave, so i can do some more to it. Its addictive.

Bondie

Edited by BONDIE

so will this nice looking Aurion be attending the National Meet in a few weeks time?? Be good to see a few more Aurions out and about.

I should b there for the meet =)

OT: Looking hot! hope to get my car lowerd soon.

Sweeet, i saw ya rims, they look good, black on black makes a car look pretty tough. Being lowered will be a good addition to this effect .

Cheers

Bondie

Edited by BONDIE