TRD CAI Prices

Thanks for the offer peekay.

Unfortunately I need to keep working on convincing the mrs. She says no mods till warranty is over :(

I said, I could buy it and put it aside because the dollar is so strong. She says - whats the point - buy it 3 years down the track.

I say - it may not be available 3 years down the track.

She says - you could be driving a different car down the track. :unsure:

I envy the single lifestyle that most of you all have.

ok ive spoken to castle hill toyota, and TRD products installed on a car with a factory warranty do NOT void factory warranties, as TRD products are made to comply with the car's specifications and warranty expectations..

im not familiar with any other mods that are needed with CAI but if its avaliable through the catalogue then its covered..h

thats a funny one sharmz as i rang castle hill today to see if they had the TRD CAI kit or even if they were planning on getting it in stock.well the parts dept was closed but i had a chat with the service guy about mods etc and basically what he told me is if the mod you make increases hp/kw, alters the kerb weight etc in any way then toyota can have the right to say you have voided your warranty as the car was made with 141kw and for that weight as thats what there engineers think is safe to run it at :blink: i asked him seriously would it handle more in various departments i.e. power, lowering etc and he said for sure but if toyota wishes to draw a hard line they could potentially push back and blame the fault that you are trying to fix under warranty is due to the alteration of the car dynamics. I am going to ring toyota directly tomorrow to confirm as i have a muffler i wish to install but am first sussing out peoples stances on the issue. I asked my dealership about changing the muffler and the service guy said he didnt have a problem with that but he still suggested i contact toyota head office and ask the question. Will let you know how i go.....dont worry i wont give them my rego :P

I find it most amusing the amount of folks here that are so new to modified car thing... :) Its great not being the NOOB for once..

The CAI can be removed quicker than you put it on.. I can fit or remove mine in about 25 minutes.. As for the exhaust its 2 bolts and a couple of rubber hangers on my car.. !!!! Christ if your car ****z itself and your so worried about the warranty get the stock stuff put back on get the thing fixed...

Bit Racer is the car yours or hers ?? Who drives it the most ?? Who gets the most pleasure out of it ??? Damn dude like you never let the missus dictate the car stuff.. Get the CAI and get it fitted... Lifes to short to worry about the missus... :lol:

the past two cars i've had..it's always been the same..

i buy the car brand new..and 18 months later...i trade/sell and buy another new car...

so that's why i told myself i won't do anything for 2 years..to see if i ACTUALLY keep the car longer than 18 months.

although...buying the light weight buddy club white wheels and just lowering it 30mm with eibach..won't hurt much. :rolleyes:

Called up my toyota service manager and he says warranty is still good as long as there is an air filter on the end of it.

So will be placing an order soon, once I get a couple of questions answered from the supplier regarding delivery.

:P

ok ive spoken to castle hill toyota, and TRD products installed on a car with a factory warranty do NOT void factory warranties, as TRD products are made to comply with the car's specifications and warranty expectations..

im not familiar with any other mods that are needed with CAI but if its avaliable through the catalogue then its covered..h

mind you this convo i had about not voiding the warranty by using TRD parts, was on the basis that i would have them install these parts for me...i would just supply them...

but like exec says worse case scenario make sure ur mods are fully reversible and just go back to stock before going in for a warranty job.

Make sure you order it today... :) I guess the upside to the story is, its unlikely the missus will even know the difference either ways.. Except when you hit lift !! :blink: Or the wicked inwards suck you get when you shut it down.. :D Sounds like Darth Vader having a breath... B)