opinions on laptop

da68za

Toshiba are simply awesome. I think they still have the lowest failure rate to this day. Their specialty has always been laptops, so I'd rate them as the Toyota of portable pc's.

Ashy, nice desktop background. Didn't know you swung that way. Gigiddy gigiddy gigiddy gigiddy!

Toshiba are simply awesome. I think they still have the lowest failure rate to this day. Their specialty has always been laptops, so I'd rate them as the Toyota of portable pc's.

Ashy, nice desktop background. Didn't know you swung that way. Gigiddy gigiddy gigiddy gigiddy!

um.. there dolce & gabana models LOL

--

and mr. LOL are you suree you dont want me to go have a look into that shop,

like my friend bought a samsung lcd there for 500, and rrp was 2k

LOL i remember my mates asking him what laptops he had n **** so i think he can order in as well,

if u do decide to go the "cheaper better way out" LOL pm me the model number and ill go ask :D

cos im so great LOL

Edited by mrs.sportivo

um.. there dolce & gabana models LOL

Whatever floats your boat.

i work at the laptop factory outlet in south granville and i know you dont like vista but we have a NEC M370 core 2 duo 2.0ghz 1GB ram and a 120GB hard drive and wireless bluetooth webcam and dual layer dvd burner for $899 and vista business. and also comes with 1 year nec on-site warranty. i know this must sound like im trying to advertise the thing but i seriously and honestly think it is a very good deal. i work with DELL heaps and i must say there made by indians. thats all i got to say. dont go dell.

i never got a dell, but saying that i wouldnt get a nec either.. :) friend has an nec and its disasterous.. i've used sony all my life and they i recon are built to last and all quality parts in them. Make sure they are the one from jap, the ones from china im not too sure :P .. like the IBMs, the sony will NOT die.. lol

it even poured a bowl of cereal on it.. :)

i work at the laptop factory outlet in south granville and i know you dont like vista but we have a NEC M370 core 2 duo 2.0ghz 1GB ram and a 120GB hard drive and wireless bluetooth webcam and dual layer dvd burner for $899 and vista business. and also comes with 1 year nec on-site warranty. i know this must sound like im trying to advertise the thing but i seriously and honestly think it is a very good deal. i work with DELL heaps and i must say there made by indians. thats all i got to say. dont go dell.

i never got a dell, but saying that i wouldnt get a nec either.. :) friend has an nec and its disasterous.. i've used sony all my life and they i recon are built to last and all quality parts in them. Make sure they are the one from jap, the ones from china im not too sure :P .. like the IBMs, the sony will NOT die.. lol

i would have to disagree with you on that one. i have literally pulled apart laptops of every single brand. the sony's screens are very easily damaged. IBM laptops are built with titanium conposites in there chasis so are very strong structurally. NEC has been rated japan's no1 brand last year. and all laptops are made in china and also all laptops are built by 3 major companies. the companies are MSI LG and another company which i cant remember now. i know for a fact that IBM and Apple laptops are made by LG. i got myself a LG laptop from work and i think it is one of the best brands out there althought not known very well.

i would have to disagree with you on that one. i have literally pulled apart laptops of every single brand. the sony's screens are very easily damaged. IBM laptops are built with titanium conposites in there chasis so are very strong structurally. NEC has been rated japan's no1 brand last year. and all laptops are made in china and also all laptops are built by 3 major companies. the companies are MSI LG and another company which i cant remember now. i know for a fact that IBM and Apple laptops are made by LG. i got myself a LG laptop from work and i think it is one of the best brands out there althought not known very well.

haha well, i suppose thats the diff when u buy top end laptop vs the normal laptop, i now use an hp.. coz i dont see the point of getting another sony but all the ones i had since i bought them once they r released, they are all made in japan (or claimed to be) and i had no problem with anything, on the other hand my friend has a dead batt within months, dead cooling fan within the year in his nec.. and nth has gone right..

speaking of which a guy i know that got a LG laptop has sent it back 3 times and he is still hving problems with it.. u mite have pulled apart millions of laptops but i'd still like to hear the amount of complains u get for nec/lg vs sony and ibm..

but again, if smeone is afta something thts below 800 bucks whatsoever.. yeh maybe go nec or what not that if ur expecting to replace it in a year or two time unless ur lucky or ur DAMN careful with it :) - and that does not involve pouring cereal onto ur lappy ;)

haha well, i suppose thats the diff when u buy top end laptop vs the normal laptop, i now use an hp.. coz i dont see the point of getting another sony but all the ones i had since i bought them once they r released, they are all made in japan (or claimed to be) and i had no problem with anything, on the other hand my friend has a dead batt within months, dead cooling fan within the year in his nec.. and nth has gone right..

speaking of which a guy i know that got a LG laptop has sent it back 3 times and he is still hving problems with it.. u mite have pulled apart millions of laptops but i'd still like to hear the amount of complains u get for nec/lg vs sony and ibm..

but again, if smeone is afta something thts below 800 bucks whatsoever.. yeh maybe go nec or what not that if ur expecting to replace it in a year or two time unless ur lucky or ur DAMN careful with it :) - and that does not involve pouring cereal onto ur lappy ;)

I guess im going to have to give you monthly updates on my nec and see if your right (fingers crossed your not) ...:) Its the same with dell , with every five people that like dell i know five people that hate them <_< .

Thanks simon , i told your boss that he owes you the commission 2 .

with your mates lg and nec it must just be there luck. we obviously do get a nec lg ibm or hp laptops that seem to spend more time in the work shop then the customers house. it is mostly just a one off thing. this is a trade secret im gonna tell you all. if you buy any brand laptop and think there is something wrong with it return it within a week and they should replace the actual laptop no questions asked. if it is over a week they will repair it under warranty.

if you have your laptop in for repair for more than 3 times during its warranty period, you're entitled to get a replacement, else I would suggest you give fair trading office a call. It worked for me :D

I have an Asus notebook and it's been really solid all this time. I think Asus make really solid notebooks minus the hefty price tag from Sony Vaio's. =D

I have an Asus notebook and it's been really solid all this time. I think Asus make really solid notebooks minus the hefty price tag from Sony Vaio's. =D

yeh i agree with that one :)