Vortec Cyclon?!

i doubt anyone would've used it, it seems like another immitation / gimmic. the only thing it does is rotate the air that goes into the intake,

Insyderz, I have to agree with them all. Although my hand did feel a little itchy one day and so I decided to try it. For about USD70 for 2 units (which I installed on the same stock airbox and inverted the intake funnel to suck air from below intead of from the top) and 3 weeks later, the only thing I could see so far is the fuel economy.

I got a little more mileage on this tank of fuel (I'm guess-timating @ about 50KM more by the time I need to fuel up) than I did the last 2 tanks without it. Then again, I've only installed it halfway on this tank of fuel but I've also been "lifting" like crazy at any chance I get just to test the truth to this "myth".

So maybe there is a truth to some of their claim but NOT ALL of them. Driving a Stivo, the engine is already running high compression so I doubt this will do much other than giving you the "placebo effect" or "butt dyno".

Thing is, would you want buy to try? The 75 bucks might be better put towards something IMHO but then again, its your money, your car and your butt ;)

p.s. I don't have a CAI. Was trying a shortcut. LOL :P

ahhh all these kinda stuff.. i dunno whr they get the stats from.. it sounds damn impressive but i doubt they work.. there is not CHEAP horsepower i remember someone telling me that :P

and i believe them haha..

Guni you have one of these??? Maybe you should get a turbonator as well!!!LOL

There is no such thing as cheap HP and al these wonder gadgets are out there to make someone money from people who are not mechanically minded cause they make it sound so good and give you all these facts and figures and if you don't know any better then you wil buy it.

Guni you have one of these??? Maybe you should get a turbonator as well!!!LOL

There is no such thing as cheap HP and al these wonder gadgets are out there to make someone money from people who are not mechanically minded cause they make it sound so good and give you all these facts and figures and if you don't know any better then you wil buy it.

SB, I not only have 1 but i have TWO !

Not to push the cause any further but they say this Cyclone is better than turbonator.

Hhahahahahha!

The same time as installing it you also inverted air intake so you were getting colder air?

And you notice a change in fuel economy?

Could it be that the colder air is giving you a better fuel burn resulting in better economy?

Or it is genuinely difficult to test fuel economy when driving your car everyday on public roads. My drive from home to work, done the same time everyday will never be the same trip; due to road works, traffic, if I am running late, how heavy my foot is, and the list will go for quite a while.