sportivo rear strut bar and antenna

i just purchased a front strut bar for my sportivo and when enquireing about the rear one I was told that it required cutting the trim around where it needs to be mounted. Is this alwasys the case?

Can someone post a picture of theirs so i can see how much needs to be cut to get it installed. If it looks too obvious then I may consider buying another set of the trim panels and cutting them up. Anyone know a wrecker who deals in zze12 corollas in SE melbourne?

I was also looking at getting a stubby antenna for the car. How are they installed? Does the antenna cable disconnect at the base of the antenna? or do you have to rip apart apart half the car to install one? the one i saw on ebay looked like it was just a threaded antenna that you screwed into the antenna base. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

i just purchased a front strut bar for my sportivo and when enquireing about the rear one I was told that it required cutting the trim around where it needs to be mounted. Is this alwasys the case?

Can someone post a picture of theirs so i can see how much needs to be cut to get it installed. If it looks too obvious then I may consider buying another set of the trim panels and cutting them up. Anyone know a wrecker who deals in zze12 corollas in SE melbourne?

I was also looking at getting a stubby antenna for the car. How are they installed? Does the antenna cable disconnect at the base of the antenna? or do you have to rip apart apart half the car to install one? the one i saw on ebay looked like it was just a threaded antenna that you screwed into the antenna base. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

for the rear strut bar look here

the antenna just screws off from the outside..

hope that helps

Checked out the DIY TRD strut bar installation. looks good, but the the one im looking to buy is a SUMMIT rear strut bar. Anyone know is they are the same design? eg do the holes go in the same place? From what i was told from the parts place near my work was that that it goes through the hole where the light is in the side of the boot. This looks like its a couple of inches from where the TRD one goes.

Cheers for the info on the antenna. Are the stubby ones pretty much the same as the original one reception wise?

Depends on where you are with the stubby antennas. Of course a shorter antenna will not be as good as the original 41cm one, though you won't notice a difference with quality unless u go undercover parking etc. The shorter the antenna the weaker the signal will be. In saying that you can get an adjustable stubby antenna which will give u the options to extend the length for better reception if need be.

Shortantenna ebay store is a nice seller, check them out.

Checked out the DIY TRD strut bar installation. looks good, but the the one im looking to buy is a SUMMIT rear strut bar. Anyone know is they are the same design? eg do the holes go in the same place? From what i was told from the parts place near my work was that that it goes through the hole where the light is in the side of the boot. This looks like its a couple of inches from where the TRD one goes.

You will still need to cut a hole in the trim on the opposite side. You can always go Honda style and have no trim if you don't want to cut it up. The Summit strut sits lower than the TRD one, as does the C-One item.

I got a stainless steel antenna thats 9cm long and it's range is only a few km shorter than the stock antenna. If your worried about it just remove the stock one and drive around to see what affect it'll have to your favourite radio station.

good idea superdave with the antenna, i'll give it a try tomorrow.

as for the rear strut. is the piece of trim that i would have to remove holding anything else in place? or will the other trim be hanging loose if its missing?

LMFAO aww antenna's, dont laugh LOL but i broke mine

i was using them broom car washing thingos LOL and fkn my friend was hurrying me cos of the time LOL and i didnt see and bang it snapped LOL

went to the mechanics and its gunna cost around $300 LOL cos i broke the inside too

edit: im such a bad car owner LOL

Edited by mrs.sportivo

LMFAO aww antenna's, dont laugh LOL but i broke mine

i was using them broom car washing thingos LOL and fkn my friend was hurrying me cos of the time LOL and i didnt see and bang it snapped LOL

went to the mechanics and its gunna cost around $300 LOL cos i broke the inside too

edit: im such a bad car owner LOLquote]

x1000000000.......................

Edited by sinan

as for the rear strut. is the piece of trim that i would have to remove holding anything else in place? or will the other trim be hanging loose if its missing?

It holds up the parcel shelf. So everyone will be able to see what you bought and see the rear strut bar and the missing trim.