Hello & few quick Q's...

apg39

Hi guys,

My names Andrew, in the Blue Mountains, coming from a modified Subaru Forester to a sx6 because I want more powaaaahhhh :D Was going to get a 3.0r Spec B Liberty but ended up getting this. Got rid of the Forester because I was 'wasting' too much money modifying it.

Come from a family of Toyota's, our family is on our 9th now? never had a single problem with any of them which has influence my decision.

Should be taking delivery on Friday or maybe Monday.

Now, being a modifier, Ive got a few quick Q's....

1) Being a sx6 with the light blue lighting on the instrument cluster, has anyone change the colour of it, say to a green colour? and same with AC & stereo controls?

2) I've seen just a plain mesh grill for the Sportivos, where can I get them or do I have to DIY it?

3) Whats the selection of aftermarket parts like? What do I use to search for parts in USA or Japan (like model code or if its under a different model name in other countries)?

Cheers in advance for your help.

Nice..Haha

Show us some Pics of ur Old ones? Love to see it

For ur questions,

1. Never thought about it.. LoL.. Like the curent ones

2. There's a thread with a plain grill from SqueezeMe. He bought his off in thailand.. The other plain grill I know about is the TRD one..xD

3. Well..For this one, There are heapz.. Personally, I've changed mine to HID and the Parker lights. U can also changed the light on the rear for ur Plate No.. From yellow to white-bluish..

Still thinkin on other parts as well...

Well, surf out the forum as You save up for parts... U'll get heapz of ideas..

Anw, Gratz on ur new SX6...

Welcome aboard,

First and foremost, congrats on your purchase.. what made you look at the sx6 over teh spec b liberty, If I had the money I would have opted for teh Spec B but as you know there is a noticable price difference...

1) No doubt you can, its just probably an led that can be changed. But you probably have to hack into the cluster, which i wouldnt recommend especially on a new car..

2) Asia, their camry is our Aurion, and theres plenty of cheap attempts to make different grill types. I think people here looked at Indonesia/Malaysia or Thailand for those parts.

3) As for the USA, youd be looking at their camry which is like our camry but with the Aurion engine, should share the same parts and the body of the camry and aurion is similar.

As for the range or performance, its a pretty much small market for this car, as people who usually buy Camrys/Aurions are not really into modding up, but rather as a A to Ber.

what made you look at the sx6 over teh spec b liberty, If I had the money I would have opted for teh Spec B but as you know there is a noticable price difference...

I was hell bent on the Liberty but the dealer gave me a good deal on this car, it was $5k cheaper, 3 years newer, still had factory warranty , 1/3rd the kms...I drive about 20,000kms a year so I need reliability & something that will still be alive after 5 years. In the end the Lib would be 10 years old, 200,000kms and not worth much, Aurion would be 6 and probably 150,000kms with lots of life left.

Ill get the Liberty one day....just when I earn enough to not care as much.

Pic of the Forester as requested......

FozMarch2008008.jpg

newcam021small.jpg

Foresters are an excellent vehicle for what they are, I'm sure you'll miss it. You'll love the Aurion as well, though. Fantastic avatar, btw! :D

It looks low... Nice..

U'll miss this one very much thou..

How about 2 cars? xD

Its ok, Im considering buying an oooold Subaru Sportswagon & transplant something worthwhile into it for fun on the weekends.

Picked her up today.... veddy naice!

More than happy with my purchase, got lots of balls when needed but otherwise cruises so smoothly.

Picture will be up soon...

Picked her up today.... veddy naice!

More than happy with my purchase, got lots of balls when needed but otherwise cruises so smoothly.

Picture will be up soon...

Looks nice just from the avatar alone. Already got your lights swapped eh? As holmesie said, enjoy the first few weeks of ownership. Also, I'm not sure about you, but the new car smell is something to savour while it lasts.

Looks nice just from the avatar alone. Already got your lights swapped eh? As holmesie said, enjoy the first few weeks of ownership. Also, I'm not sure about you, but the new car smell is something to savour while it lasts.

i miss the new car smell... coz my aurion was a demo.. so the smell didnt last that long from my ownership..

any idea how to get that smell back?

Thanks guys,

Lights swapped? I havent dont anything....yet.

Mine still had a hint of new car smell, but it was gone by the evening. I thought dealers had some sort fragrance to replicate that smell?

Thanks guys,

Mine still had a hint of new car smell, but it was gone by the evening. I thought dealers had some sort fragrance to replicate that smell?

Must just be the white balance with the camera. Looks like you have HID's in there. Either way; looks nice.

Thanks guys,

Must just be the white balance with the camera. Looks like you have HID's in there. Either way; looks nice.

Super cheap has the new car fragrance...

Thanks guys,

Super cheap has the new car fragrance...

I think I'll check that out. I've tried others in the past and haven't been able to come close. Probably if you can find some quality dash/trim protectant and good carpet/upholstery cleaner you may be able to acheive the smell you are after. I guess it's just one of the perks of buying a new car I guess.

Hi guys,

My names Andrew, in the Blue Mountains, coming from a modified Subaru Forester to a sx6 because I want more powaaaahhhh :D Was going to get a 3.0r Spec B Liberty but ended up getting this. Got rid of the Forester because I was 'wasting' too much money modifying it.

Come from a family of Toyota's, our family is on our 9th now? never had a single problem with any of them which has influence my decision.

1) Being a sx6 with the light blue lighting on the instrument cluster, has anyone change the colour of it, say to a green colour? and same with AC & stereo controls?

2) I've seen just a plain mesh grill for the Sportivos, where can I get them or do I have to DIY it?

3) Whats the selection of aftermarket parts like? What do I use to search for parts in USA or Japan (like model code or if its under a different model name in other countries)?

Congrats on the new car. My previous car was a Liberty 3.0R spec B. Was a great car but you are not missing much. Aurion goes much better, in a straight line at least. :P

Hi guys,

Congrats on the new car. My previous car was a Liberty 3.0R spec B. Was a great car but you are not missing much. Aurion goes much better, in a straight line at least. :P

IMHO I think the subies a build quality sheits all over toyotas. The and the design inside and out is just beautiful. I want the current Liberty GT Spec B wagon but cannot afford.

Having said that the Aurion is awesome value for money.

Hi guys,

IMHO I think the subies a build quality sheits all over toyotas. The and the design inside and out is just beautiful. I want the current Liberty GT Spec B wagon but cannot afford.

Having said that the Aurion is awesome value for money.

I would bye another Aurion anyday....Im trying to talk my wife into buying another Aurion.

Hi guys,

Did you take it to STI (Theres one in here in Melbourne @ docklands) for a performance tune? makes the car just over 200kw nice increase in torque heaps more responsive.

Hi guys,

Did you take it to STI (Theres one in here in Melbourne @ docklands) for a performance tune? makes the car just over 200kw nice increase in torque heaps more responsive.

I live in Sydney so i didn't get a chance to take it down for the tune. There was a lot of talk on the Subaru forums about the STI tune. There were some good results.

In the end i wanted a bigger car. If Subaru ever make an Aurion sized car or make the liberty bugger - i'll buy another...

^ Really?

But the new Forester exterior does look nice tbh...

I dont like the Impreza one bit, not even the STI version... just dont like the look of it gimme be the cult 1st generation any day please...

i tend to agree - the liberty is their flagship model - well it outsells the impreza 2-1 in japan.

i have never liked the inside of the rexes of the forries.

liberty B4 blue leather was poor tho.