Cabin Lights

fish475

Well I've had me beast since Nov 07.

This morning I dropped my daughter and friend off at school for an early morning departure to Melb.

The 15yr olds needed light for last minute makeup and prettieness checks and the makeup mirror was already working overtime.

With the interior front cabin light I've only ever used the toggle switch either way to engage them.

Well, we found the actual lights themselves are spring loaded in there flush sockets. Press it softly and that light only will come on.

Yep, only a small thing and probably already known about by most here, but I didn't.

I really must read that manual as I only found out how the 2 sec anit rollback worked the other week.

Edited by fish475

My dealer pointed out those map-lights to me, but he didn't know about the anti-rollback feature... Nor did he know what the SYNC button on the climate control was for :lol:

It's nice to keep finding out new features of your car isn't it mate! :)

Cheers

Well I've had me beast since Nov 07.

This morning I dropped my daughter and friend off at school for an early morning departure to Melb.

The 15yr olds needed light for last minute makeup and prettieness checks and the makeup mirror was already working overtime.

With the interior front cabin light I've only ever used the toggle switch either way to engage them.

Well, we found the actual lights themselves are spring loaded in there flush sockets. Press it softly and that light only will come on.

Yep, only a small thing and probably already known about by most here, but I didn't.

I really must read that manual as I only found out how the 2 sec anit rollback worked the other week.

just went and tried the cabin lights...i read the manual and didnt see it....cool

has anyone noticed that the small hole in the middle of the interior light is also a light. it seems to be on all the time and lights up the part of the center console aroung the gear shift. i can't find a switch to turn it off and it's only visible at night when there are no street lights around.

Pretty sure it comes on with the headlights and can't be disabled...

I don't really know why it's needed as the SNOW, DAC etc. all light up at night anyway... but it's kinda cool B)

has anyone noticed that the small hole in the middle of the interior light is also a light. it seems to be on all the time and lights up the part of the center console aroung the gear shift. i can't find a switch to turn it off and it's only visible at night when there are no street lights around.

Actually I really like this light. Its a soft blue and gives a nice ambience to the cabin in my opinion.

The light your refering to is a LED. On at night unless u dont use driving lights...

It gives the gear stick area a slight illumination without outside people being able to see this, unlike how the normal reading light would likethe cabin.

The 2 second anti roll back, it seems to activate at the lights, i seem to press the brake pedal hard and activate it. I have to aware as if i dont lift off a bit, when the lights are green, my brakes are still on! Also keeps the brake lights on too btw.

I managed to finally get the keys back from my wife tonight, and it seems this LED light is always on when the key is turned on, regardless of whether the headlights are on or off?

I covered the light over, and it's certainly dark without it as the dashboard lighting is quite subtle - so IMO definitely a good addition to the interior :clap:

Edited by holmesie

I thought the little light was a UV light to illuminate the control markings on the steering wheel.

The lights on the steering wheel are self-illuminated.

The uv light thing pointing down seems to direct more toward the console.

I thought the little light was a UV light to illuminate the control markings on the steering wheel.

The lights on the steering wheel are self-illuminated.

The uv light thing pointing down seems to direct more toward the console.

It may be to let you see drink in the cupholder. There's so many in the front, you might forget where you put it.

I used to watch for these insets in console cup holders at the end of the trip because they have a habit of coming off together with the empty coke bottle heading to the recycle bin. 2 or 3 times I picked them up on the bottle before trashing it...