suspension mods opinions

gus

Hi all,

i've have a 2004 corolla sportivo. i am thinking of getting suspension mods done in stages.

stage1 - swaybars

stage2 - strut tower brace

stage3 - coil springs/shocks

Whilteline recommended the following:

Qty. Code Description

1 BTR77 Heavy duty swaybar-rr

1 BTF72 Heavy duty swaybar-rr

2 K862589SPORT Koni Shock Absorber

2 K86101365SPORT Koni Shock Absorber

1 KSB603 Strut tower brace

1 KCA415 Camber adj bolt kit-15mm

1 73206 WL h/duty coil spring - pair

1 73205 WL h/duty coil spring - pair

my sportivo is 100% street driven, no track work intended. i just want to lower the car and reduce the body roll.

need your opinions:

+ does the strut tower brace do much for the sportivo?

+ i intend to use the existing stock 16" rims and wheels 195/55R16 87V, so are the koni shocks adequate?

+ can i run 205/50R16 87V on the stock RIMS?

+ for those who have kept stock rims, and lowered their suspension, what is the driver's view like? e.g. sportivo's odd seating position.

thanks in advance

Yes the Strut Brace is well worth it the car will corner better. Do the springs, I had Eibachs but the Whitelines are very good. Whiteline make a nice Strut Brace as well as a Swaybar. Becareful though some insurance companys are funny about shocks. So I would investigate this first to see what they will allow you to do other wise you may find youself not insured if you have an accident. Seating position does not change with Springs or Shocks ..????. They just lower the car not change your seating position well... I supose closer to the ground 30mm changes the height ... :blink::blink: :P . Re the Shocks and springs they will work fine with your existing wheels. Suggest you ask a Tyre shop about the tyres ..Good luck.

Hi all,

i've have a 2004 corolla sportivo.  i am thinking of getting suspension mods done in stages.

stage1 - swaybars

Qty.  Code    Description

1 BTR77      Heavy duty swaybar-rr 

1 BTF72      Heavy duty swaybar-rr 

2 K862589SPORT      Koni Shock Absorber 

2 K86101365SPORT    Koni Shock Absorber 

1 KSB603          Strut tower brace 

1 KCA415    Camber adj bolt kit-15mm 

1 73206      WL h/duty coil spring - pair 

1 73205      WL h/duty coil spring - pair 

my sportivo is 100% street driven, no track work intended.  i just want to lower the car and reduce the body roll.

need your opinions:

+ i intend to use the existing stock 16" rims and wheels 195/55R16 87V, so are the koni shocks adequate?

+ for those who have kept stock rims, and lowered their suspension, what is the driver's view like? e.g. sportivo's odd seating position.

thanks in advance

memebr # 1oo????? :blink: you havetn posted in a while !!!!

welcome back anyway ;)

i got quoted totally different number to you...i will post when i get back to work tomorrow morn ;(

Hey,

If your car's just street driven and your looking to lower the car, reduce body roll and sharpen the cornering, I'd recommend doing springs, stabiliser/sway bar and strut brace, but save yourself some money and leave the shockers until the standard units are actually worn and need replacing.

Just my 20c

Hey,

If your car's just street driven and your looking to lower the car, reduce body roll and sharpen the cornering, I'd recommend doing springs, stabiliser/sway bar and strut brace, but save yourself some money and leave the shockers until the standard units are actually worn and need replacing.

Just my 20c

Yeah, IZZ-FE, totally agree~!!

Actually, I was having the same mod plan as Gus, your advice are very helpful......

Um....but I got a question.....isn't the stivo comes with a stock rear stabiliser/sway bar?? Does it means it's not really helpful on body roll????

:P

Edited by Cooley

Hey,

Just my 20c

Yeah, IZZ-FE, totally agree~!!

Actually, I was having the same mod plan as Gus, your advice are very helpful......

Um....but I got a question.....isn't the stivo comes with a stock rear stabiliser/sway bar?? Does it means it's not really helpful on body roll????

:P

Yes you are right the Stivo comes with sway bar already in place but the aftermarket rear sway bar through Whiteline, TRD, whoever... is thicker and more ridgid then and standard so strengthens the chassis even more.

Hi all,

i've have a 2004 corolla sportivo.  i am thinking of getting suspension mods done in stages.

stage1 - swaybars

Qty.  Code    Description

1 BTR77      Heavy duty swaybar-rr 

1 BTF72      Heavy duty swaybar-rr 

2 K862589SPORT      Koni Shock Absorber 

2 K86101365SPORT    Koni Shock Absorber 

1 KSB603          Strut tower brace 

1 KCA415    Camber adj bolt kit-15mm 

1 73206      WL h/duty coil spring - pair 

1 73205      WL h/duty coil spring - pair 

my sportivo is 100% street driven, no track work intended.  i just want to lower the car and reduce the body roll.

need your opinions:

thanks in advance

memebr # 1oo????? :blink: you havetn posted in a while !!!!

welcome back anyway ;)

i got quoted totally different number to you...i will post when i get back to work tomorrow morn ;(

kewl.. waiting 4 the post

Hey,

Just my 20c

thanks 4 the advice IZZ-FE :D