Voiding Warranty

ELEGNT

hey guys, i just brought my aurion on manday and absolutly love it! its an 07 so its still under warranty. So can someone please tell me if i will void the warranty if i lower the car or even do exhaust mods??

cheers for your help!!!

Usually you only void the warranty for the components that you changed over. In this case you will void any suspension related warranty that you have as well as the exhaust. The exhaust is the killer though. As it forms part of the engine, modifying that will most likely void you entire engine warranty. When it comes to repairs, they will try to find any excuse to make you pay.

In terms of exhaust, a guy from toyota told me that they arent to concerned about Cat back style systems

But if you change the whole exhaust or fiddle with the cats etc they will try to void your engine warranty etc i believe

another thing to consider is that they will not cover a covered component if its failure is due to an uncovered components (ie. a mod) failure

in most cases when modding your car, you can get it inspected by a warranty administator who will authorise the mod so that everything would still be under warranty.

another thing to consider is that they will not cover a covered component if its failure is due to an uncovered components (ie. a mod) failure

in most cases when modding your car, you can get it inspected by a warranty administator who will authorise the mod so that everything would still be under warranty.

hence why i kept he standard springs etc hehe a bit of muken around but hey toyoa can afford it better than me lol

hey esexsix looks like u got the blue on your aurion the same as mine i reckon it looks sweet as i got 18'' chrome wheels and lowered mine its turns heads all the time

Edited by v8toy

i wasnt a big fan of the blue when i first seen it but it has grown on me so bad!! :D im thinkin about lowering mine and gettin wheels can u please post some photos or yours v8toy?

cheers :D

I like bush bashers....

:D

If only the petrol is cheap enough I would have gotten an el cheapo Surf and mod it like crazy for those beach runs!!! :lol:

yeah it tows really good apart from my lead foot problem lol but that trailer only takes one of my quads and some gearbags etc no tranny cooler and towed it from downsouth in wa to darwin without a prob and to the races in the nt if i drive it sedately it can get 12l/100km with trailer etc and if i drive it hard with same combo it goes as far as 18l/100km will get a tranny cooler when i build my bigger atv trailer

the lux doesnt exactly save fuel either that one in the foto has a v6 como engine and box in it and combined with the 33'' tyres and engine power robbing lights i can only get bout 200km's outa 75l of juice

ive also got a dualcab lux (avatar pic) that runs a 1uz-fe v8 and 5 speed manual tranny and 10'' lift thats the girl i love its a weapon

Edited by v8toy

im not sure how its tapped in exactly, it is a standalone unit/cooler

i'll have to get under there and take some photos to see if its inseries or whether they just use it rather then both

its just in front of the radiator behind the grill

WA boy huh? they have bitumen roads in darwin? :P

would a tranny cooler void warranty? would be a bit useless up there? its so bloody ot up dere (i used to live in hedland)

was a wa boy in the south west. yeah bitumen roads in darwin haha id go along with the roads bein better than some of the wa ones

i wouldnt think it would unless it was fitted dodgy or improperly, any bit of help u can get for ya tranny would help from experiance with my lux i did 5 t700h autos in a year before i got that cooling stuff sorted, ended up runnin a seperate thermo for the tranny cooler.

i lived in karratha for a year b4 darwin and i reckon darwins cooler than the pilbara prob cause of all the iron ore rock lol

im not sure how its tapped in exactly, it is a standalone unit/cooler

i'll have to get under there and take some photos to see if its inseries or whether they just use it rather then both

its just in front of the radiator behind the grill

Pics when you get under there! this should be interesting.

was a wa boy in the south west. yeah bitumen roads in darwin haha id go along with the roads bein better than some of the wa ones

i wouldnt think it would unless it was fitted dodgy or improperly, any bit of help u can get for ya tranny would help from experiance with my lux i did 5 t700h autos in a year before i got that cooling stuff sorted, ended up runnin a seperate thermo for the tranny cooler.

i lived in karratha for a year b4 darwin and i reckon darwins cooler than the pilbara prob cause of all the iron ore rock lol

the red rock was fun... cyclones were funner

u did 5 autos? haha

i did 4 coolant hoses when i put my tranny coolers on, modded the value body and upped the boost to 20psi in my subie - thats in perth weather.

yep the red rock is boring now lol etc for the burrup good fourby area

5 boxes and the last one i ended up rebuilding it myself and is still alright but then again dont do any hardcore fourby like i used to it was always buried in the mud gettin flogged and flat out down the beach tryin to see how fast i could get her and the odd little comp here and there so to be expected hehe

Pics when you get under there! this should be interesting.

Tranny1.jpg

tranny2.jpg

Theres two pics of what i presume is a Transmission cooler,

to hard to get under and look exactly how its wired, plastic covering everything in these cars lol