Considering purchase of MR2

the red baron

Hi everyone

After 10 years and being my first car my mitsubishi cordia turbo has finally had its last journey.

I'm considering buying an MR2 or Mx5. This week i'll be looking at a few cars this weekend.

What is the feed back on the 90 MR2 GT Limited model? I know its a hardtop and N/A non turbo.

Also where is the best place in Perth to get these cars serviced?

Cheers

Personally, I don't think you can go past an MR2. I have a 90 model Aussie delivered N/A targa top and absolutely love it. :toast:

But would say that if you can find a hardtop then go for it.

Luckily for me, my husband is a mechanic so no problems, but may I suggest www.mr2.org.au for info on Perth mechanics and any other advice you may need. Cheers.

mr2s are beautiful cars....that being said....however they are quite expensive to repair..my mate owns one...if you have the money for repairs then def. go for the mr2...main reason y mr2s are expensive when it comes to repair is due to the mid mount engine....oh yeah parts and cheap either for the mr2....that being said it is a toyota...so it will hold strong (depending on the previous owner).....dont ever buy a modified mr2 (unless your certain the owner hasnt taken any shortcuts)...my bet is stay away from boyracers selling their mr2...chances are they have been driven hard and heavily modified in a bad way....mx5s are good cars as well...they have a smaller engine than mr2s...and alot more econmical thus the mx5 isnt a very quick car...however due to its lightweight...it keeps up with the best....most mx5 have been driven by older female owners...and they are loads of em around..thus parts arent as expensive....so in conclusion if your after an all out sports car that wont dissapoint (if you buy one in good nick) and got the cash to spend...then def. go for the mr2!! but if your after for a daily driver that isnt too expensive to run then get the mx5....btw its your choice not mine..its just my opinion....i rather the mr2 coz toyota make the best cars....bt with the rise in interest rates and fuel....you may have to bring those things into consideration....good luck mate!!!