Disable black out Sat Nav while driving

Taka

Well I am still wondering why I cannot get into the screen at the Volume menu by touching top left and bottom left alternatively.

I wonder Aus spec cars have disabled this function... I will try a few menu of the same method.

Anyone in their Klugers tried and work?

I wonder why the lastest Camry in the state work and ours do not. The screen to me look the same?

Hey Taka, I read in a US post that the file "loading .kwi" on the DVD is the one that controls the ability to select the menu via the touch screen. They reckon that the latest version of maps overides this function (in the US).

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/camr...y-nav-override/

If you read the file via notepad (takes a while to open) and search for override it shows the various menu functions. Therefore it is a case of trying to crack the V14 DVD!!!!! On the other hand maybe I am barking up the wrong tree!!!!!

As for the Camry being able to access the menu.......maybe they are using an older version????

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a V14. Thanks.

Switching back V13 did not do the trick. When I first have the V14. The screen did say updating hardware or some sort of similar function done on the sat nav. I think I need to hard set it if I wanna to that. I doubt it worths to do so anymore. Coz that means all the address I enter will go to a blackhole! :(

Hi Taka,

Id say its got to do with Country/model firmware in each satnav ours may have it but it may be a different way of getting to it, good find but wrong car and country.

Its only a matter of time

Edited by PC XT

• 1 month later...
I do have a V14. Thanks.

Switching back V13 did not do the trick. When I first have the V14. The screen did say updating hardware or some sort of similar function done on the sat nav. I think I need to hard set it if I wanna to that. I doubt it worths to do so anymore. Coz that means all the address I enter will go to a blackhole! :(

Gents,

Ive switched back to V13 (after a hard reset so it loads firmware off the disc) and it still doesn't work. I've also put the US LOADING.KWI files on Aus V14 discs (replacing the file that's on there) and it still doesn't work. :-(