Filling petrol problems

Dklex

Hi guys,

I just bought an Aurion SX6, and I found it is very hard to fill petrol into my car. I am an overses student, so my english is very poor. I try to explain what happy to me, and I hope you can halp me. Thanks a lot. When I hold the petrol gun to fiill petrol into my car, the gun always stop. It means the tank is full, but actually it isn't full. Some people told me that all Aurion are the same, and I should fill petrol slowly. Therefore, I just want to ask if your Aurion is the same as mine, or my car has some problems. Thank you very much, I am quite worry about it!

Just pull the pump out a tad and angle it slightly so its not sitting right in it'll fill up on full pump speed that way

alot of cars are like that, just need to learn to angle the pump right and it wont be an issue

Edited by Pumped

i find that it depends on the specific pump you use.

on all my cars, i've had similiar experiances... sometimes you can just shove it in the hole and it works... other times you have to play with the angle and the pressure...

edit: okay, so that last part could be taken WAAAYYYYYY outta context... :lol:

Edited by SecaBoy

Do they...?

Bugger.... coz im slack at the servo ! lol :P

Nah - I thought there was a little clip on the gun handle that holds the trigger. Similar to a garden water hose gun.

In relation to filling the car - it is pump depandant. Some are old and really sensitive, and some are fine. Just play with the position of the pump in the fuel filler spout.

Anyone knows the trick where I see some people just click it once and it fills up without the driver having to grab onto the pump?

Yeah, back in the 90's, they used to have a clip which locked the lever till it's full. They seemed to have disabled them all now. If I ever need to step more than an arms length away from the pump, I just wedge my fuel tank cap under the lever. Does the job, just a little slower.

As for the filling issue, it's all about the right angle. At least on the Aurion you can find a sweet spot. On my sister's old Excel, there was no ideal position; now that was annoying.

Yeah I have had same that problem and it is all about the pump not your car.

so next time try another pump and if it keeps happening on other pump as well then try another petrol station.

yeah I've experience some faulty pumps

its frustating/embrassing on Tuesday nights where there's like a street of cars behind you lol

just avoid that pump next time

Meh... mate... just fill her up on Weds mornings ! lol

yeah I've experience some faulty pumps

its frustating/embrassing on Tuesday nights where there's like a street of cars behind you lol

just avoid that pump next time

Thanks for your ideas.

I have tried three stations, 2 for BP, 1 for Mobile. They all happened, so I think maybe it is not the pumb problems.