Connecting MP3 player

nicka

Hi! I need help! I have Toyota Camry 2004 without cassette deck (only CD). Who can tell me who and where can connect mp3 player to the car's audio system (I do not want to use FM transmitter because of bad quality)? How much could it cost? I am looking for somebody in Melbourne. Thanks a lot in advance.

Is there any way to connect AUX cable to Camry's audio system at all without changing the built-in player? Maybe it makes sense to buy/upgrade CD player to CD+Cassette player and use cassette adapter? If yes, who know where it is possible to buy CD+Cassette player for Camry?

• 1 month later...
I know the new Corolla's have the AUX socket available from Toyota that plugs into the back of the head unit...

Get in contact with Toyota and see if there is one available for your Camry...

Mate just wondering what year corolla this applies to? I'm interested in getting it done!!!!

The cheapest, easiest and most logical way of getting around this issue is getting a new head deck with a built in AUX input (most lower end Pioneer models have a 3.5mm AUX jack, while the upper end uses a direct USB/iPod connection).

If you still desperately need a tape player in your car, get a walkman and use a 3.5mm male to male cable to hook it into the AUX connection.

The cheapest, easiest and most logical way of getting around this issue is getting a new head deck with a built in AUX input (most lower end Pioneer models have a 3.5mm AUX jack, while the upper end uses a direct USB/iPod connection).

If you still desperately need a tape player in your car, get a walkman and use a 3.5mm male to male cable to hook it into the AUX connection.

Or better yet, a headunit with MP3 capability.

I would look into getting a 2nd hand Double Din Toyota Headunit with MP3 capability if you want to retain factory look.

• 2 months later...