JIN

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Special edition. LOL.

And it has to be up for sale from someone who has been around here because they had to get the second photo from somewhere.... like the ones I took in the following post:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23872&view=findpost&p=353128

Special edition. LOL.

And it has to be up for sale from someone who has been around here because they had to get the second photo from somewhere.... like the ones I took in the following post:

http://au.toyotaowne...ndpost&p=353128

yeah i noticed that second photo as well.

I love it also, some TRD mesh would look sweet but don't put a TRD badge on it cos it ain't, take the rest of the badges off of it and keep every 1 guessing. I would leave it matt, it looks great.

• 7 months later...

21082008304.jpg

Hey Jin first of all thanks for the write up on how to install the grill..i have ordered one of these grills and I am pretty sure it is going to come with a white mesh just like yours..since i got a white car i think i will have to paint just the mesh black and leave the frame same because it matches the other parts of the bodykit..ok now i am going to sound like a noob but i wanted to ask what did you use to spray the mesh? i am guessing it is a black spray paint can from bunnings? if so do u remember any particular type i should be looking for or just anything works? Cheers buddy :)

21082008304.jpg

Hey Jin first of all thanks for the write up on how to install the grill..i have ordered one of these grills and I am pretty sure it is going to come with a white mesh just like yours..since i got a white car i think i will have to paint just the mesh black and leave the frame same because it matches the other parts of the bodykit..ok now i am going to sound like a noob but i wanted to ask what did you use to spray the mesh? i am guessing it is a black spray paint can from bunnings? if so do u remember any particular type i should be looking for or just anything works? Cheers buddy :)

a better option would be to go to auto pro/supercheap/repco.. buy a pack of the black mesh (29 bucks) and remesh it.. you'll find the mesh is finer, and if your really keen, double mesh it for a darker look. See pics of Defyant's front grille, i double meshed that one before i sold it.

if you wanna spray it, get some primer to pay down first and simply go to super cheap auto and buy some car paint (12 bucks a can) to the colour you like..

a better option would be to go to auto pro/supercheap/repco.. buy a pack of the black mesh (29 bucks) and remesh it.. you'll find the mesh is finer, and if your really keen, double mesh it for a darker look. See pics of Defyant's front grille, i double meshed that one before i sold it.

if you wanna spray it, get some primer to pay down first and simply go to super cheap auto and buy some car paint (12 bucks a can) to the colour you like..

thanks mate..i think i could try one of those methods..but first i will install the mesh as it is and see how the car looks like with the white mesh..could see how it goes with the white body colour..will put up some pics here and you guys can tell me what you think too :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my grill yesterday and put it on :)..installation was easy.. Thanks for the installation pics..that really helped a lot otherwise i would have snapped off the original grill :P...ok before everyone gets upset seeing the TRD badge on a non-TRD Aurion, i put that on because it looks so empty to leave it just with the black mesh..it has a complete feel when there is a badge since the Toyota badge isnt there..and i couldnt find any other badge that goes well with this face ;)..since i got the mesh already sent black i dont think i have to go with any painting option i was thinking of..

post-15356-0-50161900-1307497542_thumb.j

I am considering going for a 11x7cm big Toyota emblem chrome badge on the center of the mesh instead of the TRD emblem as well..i guess it will look good..very guilty feeling having that TRD badge lol..any other badge suggestions? Would love it if someone actually had a 'ZR6' badge somewhere..has anyone come across one? post-15356-0-10946400-1307503077_thumb.j

I am considering going for a 11x7cm big Toyota emblem chrome badge on the center of the mesh instead of the TRD emblem as well..i guess it will look good..very guilty feeling having that TRD badge lol..any other badge suggestions? Would love it if someone actually had a 'ZR6' badge somewhere..has anyone come across one? post-15356-0-10946400-1307503077_thumb.j

if i were you i would leave it badgeless at the front.. trd.. well everyone has their own opinion regarding that so we wont go into that.

by the looks of the picture you could do with a remesh for a few reasons

1. to make it darker so you dont see all the radiator etc

2. it seems that the top of the grill is sagging a bit. you can use new mesh to prop the framework of the grill up. i had to do this with my previous sports grill and it worked a treat.

looking good thou, will have to get you out for a photoshoot sometime?

if i were you i would leave it badgeless at the front.. trd.. well everyone has their own opinion regarding that so we wont go into that.

by the looks of the picture you could do with a remesh for a few reasons

1. to make it darker so you dont see all the radiator etc

2. it seems that the top of the grill is sagging a bit. you can use new mesh to prop the framework of the grill up. i had to do this with my previous sports grill and it worked a treat.

looking good thou, will have to get you out for a photoshoot sometime?

Thanks Davo :)

Yup I will try to double mesh it when I get the chance because I can see the radiator clearly in the daytime more than the mesh itself. As for the colour of the mesh I think I am going to stick with black because I think it goes alright with the other parts of the kit..

The top part of the grill looks like its come down/saggy more because of the bonnet protector in my case..I will see if I can fix that gap up..too lazy actually :P

And as for the badge I am thinking of taking off the TRD and go with badgeless..i just put on that badge because i found it lying around :)

And photoshoot sounds nice..give me a shout when you guys are meeting up somewhere next :)

Edited by Vijith555