Intake Setup Poll

Lawz

Intake Setup Poll  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok guys I have searched and I don't think this question has been answered before.

It came to my mind just today. Question is which would better perform in the way the intake system is designed?

Having the filter as primary/first point of drawing air or filter as secondary/mid point draw of air???

1. Panel Filter in standard airbox and piping from airbox to front bar (replacing Toyota standard piping)

- [airbox w/ panel filter] - <piping to front bar>

2. Pod Filter in standard airbox or the likes and piping from airbox to front bar

- [airbox w/ Pod filter] - <piping to front bar>

3. custom stainless piping from intake plenum into front bar with pod filter (most common found setup found here on TOCAU Corollas)

- <stainless piping> - (pod filter)

hopefully this all makes sense.

Edited by 11TWO

im sure everyone here would tell u that..

option 1 - doesnt do much.. pretty much a waste of time... (with negligible improvement)

option 2 - i dont think anyone has done it (i could be wrong) but again.. whts the difference between 1 and 2 :)

option 3 - intake mod wise.. the CAI being the most popular around (some uses SRI) and i suppose it gives u little gain here and there.. some claim they get up to a good 7kW from theirs :)

option 1 - doesnt do much.. pretty much a waste of time... (with negligible improvement)

option 2 - i dont think anyone has done it (i could be wrong) but again.. whts the difference between 1 and 2 :)

option 3 - intake mod wise.. the CAI being the most popular around (some uses SRI) and i suppose it gives u little gain here and there.. some claim they get up to a good 7kW from theirs :)

x2

yeah 1 and 2 pretty much similar. Though just wondering whether option 3 is really worth it.

And also wondering whether having the Pod filter as first point of drawing the air would be better or as second point of drawing air (as in piping from front bar runs to the Pod in box or whatever)

cheers

yeah 1 and 2 pretty much similar. Though just wondering whether option 3 is really worth it.

And also wondering whether having the Pod filter as first point of drawing the air would be better or as second point of drawing air (as in piping from front bar runs to the Pod in box or whatever)

cheers

:) when u hear the sex induction noise..u wont even think or look at 1 or 2 :P